Lilith Hall [yuri jam 2019][romance/drama] wip

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: minyan

Lilith Hall [yuri jam 2019][romance/drama] wip

#1 Post by minyan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:55 am

Logo_rough-01.png
The logo is still a WIP of course! I’ll be updating that asap. Follow the project on itch.io here for updates and to get it when it’s done! This yuri jam I’ll be working with Kyan Josbel.

There will be one romanceable character. This story details the backstory of a character from another project I'm working on, Arena Circus. However, you do not need to have played Arena Circus to understand the story. I expect it'll be about 30,000-40,000 words, with a heavy focus on world building and character relationships. The story gets quite dark and unpleasant. I'll add story warnings as I work on writing what I have outlined.

Story

When an outsider is brought into an all girl facility that trains humans to be perfect fighting machines for their future masters, one girl's world is turned upside down. She's been taught her whole life all that matters is her future Ringmaster. Yet, this stranger seems to see things differently . . .

Setting

In Chanelcrest, humans are considered far inferior to their counterparts, reavers. Lacking the strength, wealth, or abilities of reavers, most humans have no choice but to sell themselves into virtual servitude in order to make a living.

The most common form of entertainment in Chanelcrest are arena-style tournaments that pit two humans up against each other for sport, with reavers called Ringmasters dictating their every move. It's such a lucrative business there are facilities that train humans especially for this purpose.

That brings us to Lilith Hall.

Inside this all girl training facility, the humans undergo a strict regimen of schooling and physical training to prepare them for the harsh world of the arena. They're taught from birth that their only purpose is to serve their future Ringmaster as Harlequins, perfect fighting machines that act as equal parts battler and servant.

The road to being a Harlequin is filled with pain, suffering, and very little else. But it's the only life they've ever known.

Lilith Hall is a spin off story visual novel based on the world from Arena Circus. You do not need to have played Arena Circus to understand the story.

Main Characters

Number 080

The humans in Lilith Hall receive numbers rather than names. They're told that should they deserve a name, their future Ringmaster will give them one. Number 080 was the child of a previous inhabitant, and has been raised in Lilith Hall since she was a baby.

Number 085

She was brought in at 12 years old by a wealthy reaver who decided he’d rather have her trained at a pet facility than have his Harlequin raise her. She misses her mother and struggles with the disciplined training after her previous life.

Raven / Number 707

Raven was living in an orphanage before she ran away at 15 to try and make it on her own. She was found on the street fighting for stolen food by a reaver, who convinced her to be contracted as his Harlequin. They joined a circus, and she was one of the top performers until it was discovered she was participating underage. The authorities, after pulling her out and breaking her contract, offered her to Lilith Hall.

Features

- 1 possible yuri romance
- 3 endings
- An immersive world and a focus on in depth character study
- (estimated) 30,000 words

Team

Story, writing, sprites: Min

CGs, BGs: Kyan

~

Looking forward to showing you more about this project! I know information is scarce now, but I've got everything outlined and planned, and I'll be explaining more as I have assets to show!
Last edited by minyan on Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild

Re: Arena Circus: Lilith Hall [yuri jam 2019][romance/drama]

#2 Post by minyan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:18 am

Today Kyan and I worked out angles and textures for the backgrounds! Here's a (awful-looking) map of Lilith Hall:
updated_big_map-03.png
And an introduction to one of the staff:

Headmaster

~Matilda Dawn~

Great grand daughter of Lilith Dawn, who founded the facility. She can usually be seen walking around the training grounds observing during practice time. She will pick a favored student to be the “face” of Lilith Hall and advertise their training to the nearby reaver nobility. Some of the best Harlequins in history have come from Lilith Hall and she is very proud of this fact. She wants fame and glory for her girls, and as a result, fame and glory for Lilith Hall.
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Lilith Hall [yuri jam 2019][romance/drama]

#3 Post by minyan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:20 pm

Sprites are sketched, so here's the first one. Our main character, 080! The game features her at ages 13, 16, and 18.
080 sketch.png
ImageImage

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Lilith Hall [yuri jam 2019][romance/drama] wip

#4 Post by minyan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:11 am

Not sure how to get this out of ideas since this project is fully in development, but just follow on itch.io for updates I guess!
ImageImage

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: that magical diary sequel, that vampire-raising game
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Lilith Hall [yuri jam 2019][romance/drama] wip

#5 Post by papillon » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:06 pm

IIRC it's supposed to have some game-final assets in the post before it goes to the WIP forum proper.