Need artist to continue my project....

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
ghost_of_razgriz
Regular
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:59 am
Contact:

Need artist to continue my project....

#1 Post by ghost_of_razgriz » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:51 pm

Good day, everyone.

Three months ago, I just completed my first project http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =11&t=5408 And now I planned to go for the sequel.

For the first, I draw and write. But now, something happened and I cannot draw again. I still can write though.

So.... Anyone?

User avatar
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 2:11 pm
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#2 Post by Aleema » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:33 pm

Whaaaaat project?
Sure, you said "sequel", but ...
You need to entice artists with more info on your game before they'll agree to help you. :(

User avatar
ghost_of_razgriz
Regular
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:59 am
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#3 Post by ghost_of_razgriz » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:39 am

Aleema wrote:Whaaaaat project?
Sure, you said "sequel", but ...
You need to entice artists with more info on your game before they'll agree to help you. :(
Uuuh..... I thought anyone interested may try my first project first:
Cassiopeia http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =11&t=5408

And that is episode 1.

Game's explanation very much in that thread.

User avatar
persium
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#4 Post by persium » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:52 pm

well, I totally just joined today and tried that game. I picked a wrong move in the first fight scene though (forgot to save, too) so I still need to finish, but I am interested in what I played so far!

my dA is http://persium.deviantart.com but I haven't uploaded any new art in a while.

can you tell a bit more about the details of what exactly you want an artist for?
find me @ dA ~

User avatar
ghost_of_razgriz
Regular
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:59 am
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#5 Post by ghost_of_razgriz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:10 am

persium wrote:well, I totally just joined today and tried that game. I picked a wrong move in the first fight scene though (forgot to save, too) so I still need to finish, but I am interested in what I played so far!

my dA is http://persium.deviantart.com but I haven't uploaded any new art in a while.

can you tell a bit more about the details of what exactly you want an artist for?
Honestly.... I want artist for the characters and (if possible) cgs. For the mains, it will need 5 or more sprite.... and for secondaries, 1 or 2 is enough.
Problem is, the number of my characters are.... many of them. So.... if anyone interested, i can tell you how many, or maybe I will cut a few characters.

I'm just too greedy eh? :lol:

btw persium, nice art. :D

User avatar
persium
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#6 Post by persium » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:05 pm

well, that's kind of what I expected. but one other thing is, do you want 5 similar poses or just varying faces with one pose? the latter would be easier, but might not be as exciting.

also, I beat it yesterday, and it was awesome >w< I'd be happy to work with you on an awesome project like that, at least for the sprites. I don't like doing real backgrounds (simple or comic-like lines are okay though) so a cg from me would probably consist of like, the people and then possibly the photography for a background. if that's okay, I'll do it!
I thought your designs were pretty cool, so I could stick with those as well.
find me @ dA ~

User avatar
ghost_of_razgriz
Regular
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:59 am
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#7 Post by ghost_of_razgriz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:49 pm

persium wrote:well, that's kind of what I expected. but one other thing is, do you want 5 similar poses or just varying faces with one pose? the latter would be easier, but might not be as exciting.
That's the point. Surely I want 5 different poses (i liked that way) but I thought one pose with varying face is... alright and easier but, yeah i like the poses more.
persium wrote: also, I beat it yesterday, and it was awesome >w< I'd be happy to work with you on an awesome project like that, at least for the sprites. I don't like doing real backgrounds (simple or comic-like lines are okay though) so a cg from me would probably consist of like, the people and then possibly the photography for a background. if that's okay, I'll do it!
I thought your designs were pretty cool, so I could stick with those as well.
Thanks :D
I decided the sequel will use a real photography with a little photoshopped. At least I hope you don't draw the bgs yourself :D i don't like comic-backgrounds.....

Then can you send me one of my characters from my design? any character will do.

User avatar
persium
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#8 Post by persium » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:08 pm

eww nooo do not want drawing BGs either.

what do you mean? you'd like me to do a mock-up sprite? I can do that, I think.

also, I have about 83429384 eye styles, so if you don't like the one I used, just tell me and I'll change it.
find me @ dA ~

User avatar
ghost_of_razgriz
Regular
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:59 am
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#9 Post by ghost_of_razgriz » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:52 am

persium wrote:eww nooo do not want drawing BGs either.
Good! :D
persium wrote:
what do you mean? you'd like me to do a mock-up sprite? I can do that, I think.

also, I have about 83429384 eye styles, so if you don't like the one I used, just tell me and I'll change it.
Yes. Just for a test. About the style.... let's see it first.

User avatar
persium
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#10 Post by persium » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:18 pm

'kay!

I forgot to say though... I fail at manly guys, everyone tells me they all look girly. I guess you can say for yourself though...
anyway, I'll do Neroid then. I like her design a lot >w< give me a few days and I should be done.
find me @ dA ~

User avatar
ghost_of_razgriz
Regular
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:59 am
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#11 Post by ghost_of_razgriz » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:29 pm

Neroid? Nice choice :lol:

btw, let's use PM after this. The whole thread only had us posting :wink:

User avatar
this_barb
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:47 am
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#12 Post by this_barb » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:27 pm

ghost_of_razgriz wrote:Good day, everyone.

Three months ago, I just completed my first project http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =11&t=5408 And now I planned to go for the sequel.

For the first, I draw and write. But now, something happened and I cannot draw again. I still can write though.

So.... Anyone?
Why can't you draw? Did you get your arm blown off?

User avatar
ghost_of_razgriz
Regular
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:59 am
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#13 Post by ghost_of_razgriz » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:11 am

this_barb wrote:
Why can't you draw? Did you get your arm blown off?
No... nothing serious like that :D

Just something came up, and I very busy now.... so..... that's it :lol:

User avatar
JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1686
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:03 pm
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#14 Post by JinzouTamashii » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:22 pm

Ah, I thought it was something like a broken tablet.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

User avatar
ra-nyan
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: In Front of my Computer
Contact:

Re: Need artist to continue my project....

#15 Post by ra-nyan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:40 pm

i'll finish the game first then maybe i could do some characters..

(uugghh.. slow computer today -_-;;)
boredom kills....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users