Soul Union [Psychological][Fantasy][Optional romance]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
wulfmune
Regular

Soul Union [Psychological][Fantasy][Optional romance]

#1 Post by wulfmune »

Update 05/20/2020:
Attempting to rework the presentation and refining animations.
sample play footage
https://youtu.be/ZwJgappb_hA

Update:
Please consider Beta testing my project

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=58382#p526472

Prologue and Chapter 1 is roughly done. I'm currently working on refining things, adding more art and replacing placeholders.

This is a personal project. I sat down and I really thought about what I could do to really make this project something I could be 110 % passionate about. I like to think about other's people's life experiences and tend to focus on their stories in my writing. I decided to make this project a personal journey. It's basically a form of self therapy. It's not a self-insert, but I'm exploring a lot of themes that have special meaning to me. I'd hope that someday someone else might be able to benefit from this journey. As an adult adoptee from a closed international, trans-racial adoption, I wanted to explore nature vs. nurture and identity through the safe lens of fantasy.
I'm trying to give the player a lot of input to shape the conclusion for themselves so I hope it doesn't come across as preachy.

Anyway here is about my project:

Title: Soul Union
Genre: Psychological Fantasy [optional romance BxG, BxB]
Synopsis: Protagonist is a soul weaver who is undergoing the ascension ritual. During the ritual, he must traverse the tapestry of his soul. His master has hired a “Vassal” to serve as his guide. Will he pursue power at all costs or gain greater acceptance for his true self?

Planned Features:
-A prologue, 4 Main chapters and epilogue.
-Each chapter begins with linear movement, followed by an exploration mode that allows the player to visit previous locations. Certain conditions must be met to progress to the next chapter.
-Form a contract with one of 4 romance-able vassals (2 male, 2 female).
-The main character has 3 stats while companions have 2 stats that affect the outcome of the story.
- Dialogue and major story beats are determined by stats. Lots of different flavor text and player choice. Prologue and chapter 1 has around 46k words and takes about an hour of play.

Protagonist Stats:
power- shape and control your own path
empathy- connection to others brings fulfillment and meaning
logic- pragmatic, rational navigation of the world

Companion Stats:
trust- friendship and loyalty
attraction- magnetism and chemistry

I'm using movie sprites. So far I've had success using AnimeEffects and ffmpeg exporting .webm files.

I have some test animations on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asAyyHdAGG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJvn9EpDMbY

Some more character sprites:

The Weaver
The Bard
The Master
The Thief
The Mercenary
The Priestess
Last edited by wulfmune on Wed May 20, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

Re: Soul Union [Fantasy] [optional romance BxG, BxB]

#2 Post by verysunshine »

This looks really cool! Good work so far.

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!

wulfmune
Regular

Re: Soul Union [Fantasy] [optional romance BxG, BxB]

#3 Post by wulfmune »

verysunshine wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:07 pm This looks really cool! Good work so far.
Thanks for commenting. I hope to have a demo up soon, so I hope you will be able to give me an honest critique!