NEED HELP TO MAKE MY DATING SIM COMPLETED

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Warren-kun
Regular

#16 Post by Warren-kun »

lina inverse wrote:
Warren-kun wrote:
lina inverse wrote:
ever heard of E-donk programming program
Yes. I think. Is it in English or dutch?
Is it in english or dutch?

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

#17 Post by lina inverse »

Warren-kun wrote:
lina inverse wrote:
Warren-kun wrote:
Is it in english or dutch?[/quote]

english
red hair
not tall
very cute

money, boys, sex, games, sport and shoping is all

Warren-kun
Regular

#18 Post by Warren-kun »

lina inverse wrote:
Warren-kun wrote:
lina inverse wrote:

english[/quote]

Okay. I'll try to get a hold of it. And help the best I can. Gonna send the other game?

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

#19 Post by lina inverse »

Warren-kun wrote:
lina inverse wrote:
Warren-kun wrote:

english[/quote]

Okay. I'll try to get a hold of it. And help the best I can. Gonna send the other game?[/quote]

ok
red hair
not tall
very cute

Warren-kun
Regular

#20 Post by Warren-kun »

lina inverse wrote:
Warren-kun wrote:
lina inverse wrote:

english[/quote]

Okay. I'll try to get a hold of it. And help the best I can. Gonna send the other game?[/quote]

ok[/quote]
ok.

lina inverse
Regular

#21 Post by lina inverse »

lina inverse wrote:
Warren-kun wrote:
lina inverse wrote:
english
red hair
not tall
very cute

Warren-kun
Regular

#22 Post by Warren-kun »

Okay. I'll try downloading it, then I'll try helping you translate the games.

lina inverse
Regular

#23 Post by lina inverse »

Warren-kun wrote:Okay. I'll try downloading it, then I'll try helping you translate the games.
ok thanx
red hair
not tall
very cute

adminsama

#24 Post by adminsama »

Okay, Warren and Lina, listen up:

This forum is not an IM program. Please ensure that your messages are worthwhile before posting them. In general, messages consisting of only a single line, or worse a single word, of new content, are not worthwhile. It's absurd to have posted over sixty messages in less than a day of membership.

Also, trim your quotes. If you're quoting something you said, and it's not something incredibly important like a source code example, you should edit your message to get rid of it. People can always scroll back and examine older posts in a thread if necessary... that's one of the nice things about a board like this. So it's not usually necessary to quote much text.

Post about topics of general interest, rather than using the board to carry out personal conversation. I for one would be interested in this e-donk game maker. What is it?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#25 Post by Blue Lemma »

*has no idea who adminsama is, but agrees with him/her*

Warren-kun
Regular

#26 Post by Warren-kun »

adminsama wrote:Okay, Warren and Lina, listen up:

This forum is not an IM program. I for one would be interested in this e-donk game maker. What is it?
I know that. Its a game maker/editor.

Xarbia

Re: there r 3 games now 1strategy 1RPG and 1SIM dating RPG

#27 Post by Xarbia »

lina inverse wrote:so my own made games are well of souls:draculas tomb and purper

purper is an real time strategy game
and well of souls: draculas tomb is a RPG:role playing game
The sim dating rpg's name is: girl_girl_girl
I am afraid I need to make a few minor corrections to this statement, in particular about the game "purper". Purper is indeed, as you state, a real-time strategy game. However, you did not make it.

I am a computer science student at Utrecht University, the Netherlands. In the fall of 2003 I started the master program "Geometry, Imaging and Virtual Environments" (GIVE). As a part of this program I followed a course on game design by professor Mark Overmars. Prof. Overmars has written a very intuitive general purpose game making engine, Game Maker. As part of the course on game design, every student had to first design, and then implement a game using Game Maker. It was then that I created Purper.

Of course, this game had nothing to do with Ren'Ai and therefore I did not post it on the completed Ren'Ai games forum. And I must say I don't really understand why you did. If you want to take credit for my work, I could think of better places to get it. But then again, maybe you have posted on many forums before and are just unlucky to have come across one that is read by the real creator of one of your games.

Anyway, I must say I am honored that you chose one of my games to show off with. Still, I would advise you to stop trying to recieve false praise in this way. Not only will it make you look bad when you are found out, but it can also start pressing on your conscience if you are not found out; it is really a lose-lose situation. Instead, try making something yourself. I am convinced that everyone can make a game, and you as well, as long as you are determined. Don't try making a RTS if you have no programming experience, but start small. And once you completed something, show it to the world and feel proud about it. I can assure you that will feel a lot better than showing off with someone elses work.

-- Xarbia

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#28 Post by PyTom »

Ouch.

Respect is something that is earned. On this forum, there are plenty of people I respect for having done things... be it making games, or having intelligent opinions about them, or whatever. But lying and taking credit for others games... that's not cool. I mean, many of these games are out there for free, and really the only reward we get is the credit that comes with the games. By trying to steal that... well, I have no respect for a person who does that.

I'll suggest to Lemma that this thead be moved out of here, as it doesn't pertain to a completed game. Maybe it'll be moved to the Game Maker's Corner, but that would sully the corner. Perhaps it should be deleted entirely, after a while.

http://www.freewebs.com/lina123123/

If what lina says on her home page about kicking off drugs has anything to do with reality, then I hope she does it. It's times like this that I wish I was religious, so that I could pray that she gets her life in order... but I'm not, so I won't.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#29 Post by rioka »

Blue Lemma wrote:*has no idea who adminsama is, but agrees with him/her*
:does double-take: Whoa! And here I was thinking adminsama was either you or PyTom, as a guest on a different computer or something... <.<' Ah, anyways, hello there adminsama!

Back on-topic: I find it a shame that others take credit for anothers work but I find it even more shameful when they do so in a place that is supportive of other's work no matter if it is steller or not. If you've read through the threads in this section, you'll know folks here always congratulate others on their completed games plus take the time to play their game and give feedback.

You don't need to prove yourself to us with your 733t programming skillz. You know, members of the board have admitted to being non-artists, non-programmers, and/or non-musicians. And last I checked, they're still here. What are you afraid of? Take Xarbia's advice, and try something small. We'll help you along the way. But please, keep it real from now on.

Anyways, I don't think this thread should be deleted. Moved, yes, but deleted, no. It serves as a reminder that people who take credit for others work do get caught, that we disapprove of such acts, but we won't torch you for it. ....Okay, "I" won't torch you for it as I can't speak for the others who hasn't replied to this thread yet. Of course, if you were in my forum, I'd definitely torch you and then some... ^_^

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#30 Post by PyTom »

eclipse wrote: Whoa! And here I was thinking adminsama was either you or PyTom, as a guest on a different computer or something... <.<'
adminsama is my second account, used to do board upgrades and the like. I had told Lemma about it, but since I never use it, it's one of those things everyone forgets about.

(And I had meant to post it as PyTom, but I forgot to switch account back after setting up the workSilver theme.)
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom