NEED HELP TO MAKE MY DATING SIM COMPLETED

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#31 Post by musical74 »

I feel the need to respond to this...

Respect is the hardest thing in the world - or at least one of the hardest things - to earn, and when you do something that mars that - such as taking credit for someone else's work - it takes a long time for people to respect you again. That's why I admire BL, eclipse, mikey, et al...I know their games,and assume that when I DL Marry Me Misato that it actully is mikey's game, because I know something of mikey's likes and dislikes from other posts. =) (BTW mikey, WONDERFUL game!)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

#32 Post by lina inverse »

musical74 wrote:I feel the need to respond to this...

Respect is the hardest thing in the world - or at least one of the hardest things - to earn, and when you do something that mars that - such as taking credit for someone else's work - it takes a long time for people to respect you again. That's why I admire BL, eclipse, mikey, et al...I know their games,and assume that when I DL Marry Me Misato that it actully is mikey's game, because I know something of mikey's likes and dislikes from other posts. =) (BTW mikey, WONDERFUL game!)
thats confuzing
red hair
not tall
very cute

money, boys, sex, games, sport and shoping is all

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

#33 Post by lina inverse »

PyTom wrote:Ouch.

Respect is something that is earned. On this forum, there are plenty of people I respect for having done things... be it making games, or having intelligent opinions about them, or whatever. But lying and taking credit for others games... that's not cool. I mean, many of these games are out there for free, and really the only reward we get is the credit that comes with the games. By trying to steal that... well, I have no respect for a person who does that.

I'll suggest to Lemma that this thead be moved out of here, as it doesn't pertain to a completed game. Maybe it'll be moved to the Game Maker's Corner, but that would sully the corner. Perhaps it should be deleted entirely, after a while.

sorry butt im new here so..
i didnt knew how this works

http://www.freewebs.com/lina123123/

If what lina says on her home page about kicking off drugs has anything to do with reality, then I hope she does it. It's times like this that I wish I was religious, so that I could pray that she gets her life in order... but I'm not, so I won't.
red hair
not tall
very cute

lina inverse
Regular

help

#34 Post by lina inverse »

can some one help me with my game
red hair
not tall
very cute

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#35 Post by mikey »

Hmmm, the topic has changed, but I still would like to say a few words:

Xarbia>> Welcome to the club. I smiled when I saw your relatively calm response. When this happened to me (in short: I had a diskmag, spent 2 years on it, writing what 100+ articles, got issues published on game mag cover CDs in my home country and in the czech republic, I left the scene, someone else took credit, republished articles with his name etc etc...) I reacted the same way. I mean it's one thing to take one or two of my screenshots, or to use similar wording and such, but sometimes it really gets to you if the people aren't even TRYING to modify or rephrase, but simply copy/paste. And it was almost only by chance that I found out. Because somebody was actually getting paid for it.Aaaargh! Sorry but I just had to say this.

musical74>> Well, in Marry Me Misato I can't say that EVERYTHING was mine ^_^, but of course I get the point and it's one that really says it all - you should really put something of your own into everything you do. It will make you happy, you'll have something to tell and I'm sure it's a much better way than what has been demonstrated here this weekend.

I think people before me have just shown you just how much this place can take without having to resort to flames and bans, and you can (should) thank them for being so nice to you given the circumstances.

And although it sounds so obligatory and cliched: Welcome to the forums and good luck with your new project.

lina inverse
Regular

#36 Post by lina inverse »

thanx butt it was a bitt confuzing
red hair
not tall
very cute

bookie
Veteran

#37 Post by bookie »

Lina if you can't understand what was just said to you, I think you need to step away from the internet, and go back to school. Or, brush up on your English a little so you don't become a troll. Although I think even if English were your first language you'd still be a troll.

If the biggest contribution you can make to this forum is claiming something for your own that you had no part in, you're insulting the rest of us that are doing real work and I wish you'd go take your rudeness somewhere else.

Everyone on this forum has been really nice to you, and you aren't getting the hint, so I'll be blunt. You're being rude and stupid. Figure out what you're doing wrong and fix it, or go away.

lina inverse
Regular

#38 Post by lina inverse »

bookie wrote:Lina if you can't understand what was just said to you, I think you need to step away from the internet, and go back to school. Or, brush up on your English a little so you don't become a troll. Although I think even if English were your first language you'd still be a troll.

If the biggest contribution you can make to this forum is claiming something for your own that you had no part in, you're insulting the rest of us that are doing real work and I wish you'd go take your rudeness somewhere else.

Everyone on this forum has been really nice to you, and you aren't getting the hint, so I'll be blunt. You're being rude and stupid. Figure out what you're doing wrong and fix it, or go away.
u really want to gett me mad?! :evil:
red hair
not tall
very cute

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#39 Post by Taleweaver »

Lina, do you want help? Then don't piss off half the forum, don't double-post after only three hours, don't assume anyone will jump at your commands and, most importantly, give us a few details of what sort of game you're doing and what sort of help you need. You said you need a programmer. Good. Ren'Py or a custom engine? What parts of the game are already fleshed out? Maybe you could start a developers' thread for your game project, give us a few lines about what you're doing and then have the patience to wait for people to answer. No one's going to want to help you if you keep being so rude.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

lina inverse
Regular

#40 Post by lina inverse »

he said i was a troll and im not a troll
red hair
not tall
very cute

Shii
Regular

#41 Post by Shii »

lina inverse wrote:he said i was a troll and im not a troll
His definition of "troll" is a bit off, he meant simply "someone annoying".

You need to calm down, this isn't Go-Gaia or FaceTheJury or whatever forum you're used to that features one-line posts. You've made over 100 posts now and none of them are useful.

lina inverse
Regular

#42 Post by lina inverse »

Shii wrote:
lina inverse wrote:he said i was a troll and im not a troll
His definition of "troll" is a bit off, he meant simply "someone annoying".

You need to calm down, this isn't Go-Gaia or FaceTheJury or whatever forum you're used to that features one-line posts. You've made over 100 posts now and none of them are useful.
sorry :shock: i gett quick pissed off
red hair
not tall
very cute

Shii
Regular

#43 Post by Shii »

Why don't you try "lurking" for a few weeks? That is, simply reading the board and not posting at all. If you want to talk to Warren-kun, I'm sure you two know each other's AIM names.

lina inverse
Regular

#44 Post by lina inverse »

Shii wrote:Why don't you try "lurking" for a few weeks? That is, simply reading the board and not posting at all. If you want to talk to Warren-kun, I'm sure you two know each other's AIM names.

sorry butt wats AIM?
red hair
not tall
very cute

Shii
Regular

#45 Post by Shii »

lina inverse wrote:
Shii wrote:Why don't you try "lurking" for a few weeks? That is, simply reading the board and not posting at all. If you want to talk to Warren-kun, I'm sure you two know each other's AIM names.

sorry butt wats AIM?
Instant messaging. Oh, I see you use MSN. Yuck.