Among [Comedy] [Fantasy] [GxB] [GxG]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Blue Mythic
Organization: Blue Mythic

Among [Comedy] [Fantasy] [GxB] [GxG]

#1 Post by Blue Mythic »

Description:
In a small Nevada town, a gas station clerk mysteriously disappears without a trace. Rumors of her disappearance spread quickly through the tight-knit community, and word has it that she was abducted by aliens.

This story follows you, her new replacement, as you navigate the hectic day to day duties of a clerk in a town obsessed with the extraterrestrial. Will you keep your head on your shoulders, or will you fall victim to the hype?

There are four dateable characters (Three men, one woman) with a small array of side characters. There are two endings per route.

This game is a passion project for me, something I'm just doing for fun, so it will be released for free!

Characters:
I'll be adding sketches later on, but for now here are the descriptions!

Dateable characters:

Norm Al: Your new coworker, an average human man with zero tentacles. He was hired to work at the gas station a few hours after you were. He's fascinated by absolutely everything and loves to learn. He's quite polite, and a bit dense.

Oga Carter:He works the cash register on your shift. He takes about four breaks a day, and if he can't go on break, he's sleeping behind the register. Oga is only ever two things: tired and angry. He doesn't buy into the alien conspiracies and finds anyone who does to be an idiot.

Corbin Phillips: Corbin is nothing if not passionate. Since he was only seven, he had an intense love for aliens that turned into an all-out obsession. No time for romance, no time for friendship! He saw a flying saucer once!! He was abducted in his dream!? Aliens walk among us, and he's here to prove it to everyone! Corbin works stocking shelves during your shift.

Xiona: Norm Al's supposed future wife, an uppity, full of herself woman. She can be quite blunt when she wants to (ie. all the time) and she'd take down anyone who tries to get between her and her man. She often refers to the people around her as "Hairless apes"

Other characters:

Michael Halfstead:Your manager. He's a jolly man who offers you wisdom and insight. He tries to be the peacemaker between Corbin and Oga, but it seldom works out.

Progress:

Features:
- Money and Inventory system (50%)
- Insanity meter (100%)
- Scheduling system (100%)
- Phone system (100%)
- Custom GUI (30%)
- Investigating system (0%)

Coding:
- Prologue (Complete)
- Week 1 (100%)
- Weekends 1-5 (20%)
- Corbin's route (10%)
- Oga's route (0%)
- Norm's route (0%)
- Xiona's route (0%)

Art:
- Backgrounds (90%) [Note: These backgrounds were provided for free, and will be credited!]
- Corbin (0%)
- Oga (0%)
- Norm (5%)
- Xiona (0%)
- Other characters: (0%)
- CG's (0%)
- Items (25%)
- Gui (30%)

I'd like to know what you guys think about the concept. I want to focus on the dating aspects, while also unraveling a mystery. Do you have any tips? Any concerns?

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Among [Comedy] [Fantasy] [GxB] [GxG]

#2 Post by Zelan »

Since you've already made progress on this and are actively working on it, it would be better suited to the Works in Progress forum instead of the Ideas forum.

As they're described now, most of the love interests don't appeal to me much; that's probably mostly a personal preference since I lean towards women over men so don't worry about it too much. If you do want to know exactly what I don't like: Corbin and Xiona both seem to have less of a personality and more of an obsession. Lions is at least a bit more fleshed out (but doesn't have a personality that I love) while Corbin just feels really flat.

I'm interested in how you plan to balance the mystery of the abduction and the day-to-day life of minimum wage workers.

Blue Mythic

#3 Post by Blue Mythic »

Thank you for your feedback! My descriptions of the characters weren't supposed to be all-inclusive, but I think I'm gonna spend some more time making sure that my characters are three dimensional :)

Blue Mythic

#4 Post by Blue Mythic »

Does anyone know how to move posts to another topic? I'm lost.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

Blue Mythic wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:44 pm Does anyone know how to move posts to another topic? I'm lost.
Only administrators can move them, and it's usually not by request, but for when a post is extremely off-topic. Just making a new post in the correct topic is fine, it won't be considered spam. (: