Digging Deep (BL) VN Project

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
maufii
Regular
Projects: Diggin Deep(IP) and Dream Walker(IP)

Digging Deep (BL) VN Project

#1 Post by maufii »

Digging Deep

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

After the car crash that took the life of his father and sister Chase Charles has taken to the solitary act of writing and reading within the confines of his room. Other than that, he occasionally goes out to see his psychiatrist while secretly wishing for the day he can call someone a friend. That's when a misunderstanding leads him to the house of Derris, another boy who also shares a life of solitude. Together these two can either survive off each other's friendship, that may or may not become something more, or drown in it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rating:

For now I'm rating it pg 13, but that could be changed by some of the violent scenes that will be shown, and some questionable language that might be added. Also, expect BL. : D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preview:

I've reached the nine thousand word marker! Woot! I haven't started coding yet but this is what you'll have to look forward to in the actual demo whenever it is released. : )

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20634449/DD-V ... ycj4v9rxt6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are a few CGs that'll be featured in the game, though they're only rough drafts for now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by maufii on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:03 am, edited 11 times in total.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Bl/Yaoi VN

#2 Post by Aleema »

If you write it, I'll code it. The catch is ... writing it first. xD
But that's far away, as you're still in the beginning stages of development.

I say, go ahead and include the H scenes, and maybe make an option to turn it off and on in the preferences. Just put a mature warning when releasing the game (but you'll find most of us here are quite capable of enjoying such material).

maufii
Regular

#3 Post by maufii »

Aleema wrote:If you write it, I'll code it. The catch is ... writing it first. xD
But that's far away, as you're still in the beginning stages of development.

I say, go ahead and include the H scenes, and maybe make an option to turn it off and on in the preferences. Just put a mature warning when releasing the game (but you'll find most of us here are quite capable of enjoying such material).
Cool! Thanks so much for offering the help! Lol, It will probably take me a very long time to write this out but I'm pretty good on the overall story. I just need to flesh it out. And not to mention, it's going to take me FOREVER to draw all of this. D : But I think I'd like the VN to look a lot like how Enzai was set up with the upper body portraits displaying the characters and then the small face portraits revealing the character's expressions to the side of the text box. But like you said, I think I need to worry about writing it first. xD

blankd
Veteran
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Heavenseed (current), I'm Not a Monster! (working on it slowly...)
Organization: Team Lazilisk
Tumblr: blankd
itch: blankd

#4 Post by blankd »

Community service hmm? I'm curious how he earned it. 8P

If you need any help other than tech stuff, I'd be glad to supply it! (I'm working on a BL VN too so don't feel alone!)

maufii
Regular

#5 Post by maufii »

blankd wrote:Community service hmm? I'm curious how he earned it. 8P

If you need any help other than tech stuff, I'd be glad to supply it! (I'm working on a BL VN too so don't feel alone!)

Lols. He was not a good boy. D : As far as tech stuff goes I'm not sure what else I'll be needing... but do you know any places where I can get some non copyrighted music files for BG music? This is my first time trying out a VN so feel free to give me some tips if you feel like sharing. xD

Yay, can't wait to see your BL VN when it's done! Your drawings are pretty awesome too, so I'm going to look forward to yours. : D

blankd
Veteran
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Heavenseed (current), I'm Not a Monster! (working on it slowly...)
Organization: Team Lazilisk
Tumblr: blankd
itch: blankd

#6 Post by blankd »

For music you have two main options:

-Find a composer (this is a bit more difficult)
-Google-fu "royalty free" AND "creative commons license" (creative commons is VERY important! it's what makes the music usable without getting sued or legally entangled) licensed music. I would gladly share the source I'm using, however we might end up using the same tracks and I think it'd be best if that were avoided. 8S If you have trouble finding anything I'll help you through it!

As for other things I can help you on... I can do editing and idea-bouncing or "active" feedback if you hit a rut 8]

(Thanks for the compliment! I look forward to yours as well!)

maufii
Regular

#7 Post by maufii »

to: Blankd

Actually, I found myself a midi composer program so I've solved my BG problem. I've decided to compose my own music. I already have four tracks to work with. : D I just gotta figure out how to loop them. Dx

I would love it if you could edit my stuff when I start getting in far enough in to it. I'm quite terrible when it comes to catching my own mistakes. Feedback is also muchly appreciated! Same goes for me too, if you need someone to edit or any kind of feed back I'm more than happy to help out. = )

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Digging Deep (BL) VN Project

#8 Post by Aleema »

Waaah~
Your CGs are so cute. <3
Keep up the progress! :)

maufii
Regular

#9 Post by maufii »

Aleema wrote:Waaah~
Your CGs are so cute. <3
Keep up the progress! :)
Thanks! : D That really boosts up my self esteem lol. <3

maufii
Regular

#10 Post by maufii »

Updates!! Woot! xD I've reached the nine thousand marker on my word processor today. >O< I still haven't coded anything yet but here's what'll be in the demo. : D

http://www.scribd.com/doc/20634449/DD-V ... ycj4v9rxt6
Last edited by maufii on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

oiseau
Regular

#11 Post by oiseau »

I like your art style. So adorable! And it looks like you've even got a good start to the story, too. Just watch out for some grammar mistakes, sorry if I sound rude...I'll let your editor point out the specifics to you. But, what had me wondering was Derris's Postpartum depression. Did you mean something else, like post traumatic stress or something?

Best of luck finishing your visual novel. You can do it. :)
Up and coming visual novelist. Another girl obsessed with writing.
x-xImage
x-xJe pense, donc je suis~

maufii
Regular

#12 Post by maufii »

oiseau wrote:I like your art style. So adorable! And it looks like you've even got a good start to the story, too. Just watch out for some grammar mistakes, sorry if I sound rude...I'll let your editor point out the specifics to you. But, what had me wondering was Derris's Postpartum depression. Did you mean something else, like post traumatic stress or something?

Best of luck finishing your visual novel. You can do it. :)
Thanks! And no you don't sound rude at all. : D I'm glad someone's willing to critique me. I'll try to get me someone who will edit my stuff later. For now I'm just writing with out much thought to grammer. And yea... lol, you caught me. I had no idea what I was talking about when I named postpartum depression. I just made something up and hoped it was right : P I'll have to look into what exactly I was thinking of but I'm guessing it's probably what you named. I got the idea because throughout my life I've had three of my friends who had to take medication for depression. Two of them even went to a psychiatrist.

Oh my gosh, I just realized what postpartum depression is. D : yeeeaaa.... >.> I need to change that up quickly.

Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

#13 Post by Aka-kami »

sounds really interesting :D

'cant wait to see it >3<
See ya.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#14 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

I would be interested in playtesting this on an obsolete Macintosh. :D
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#15 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Your CGs are soo cute! This is G*B or shounen ai?
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com