[COMPLETE] (P)lanets -GxB

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Gryphbear
Regular

Re: [WIP] (P)lanets -GxB [w/DEMO!]

#331 Post by Gryphbear »

teacup wrote: Yeah, I'm still fiddling around with the fonts and whatnot. I can't seem to figure out how to get an outline around the names... (If anyone knows how to do this please let me know!)
How about this link?

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... f=8&t=9233

Go down to 'styling' text area. that might help.
WIP: Ring av Guder - (Contemporary Fantasy VN/Dating Sim?)

What do you get when you inherit a mystical ring, meet Norse Dieties, and Werewolves, Satyrs, or Dwarves? Possibilities.

General Completion: 5% - (Still working on story plot.)
Story status: 1% (In progress of revamping)
Scripting: 1% (Prologue is about done)
Character Art: 0% (Would like to find a Bara-type Artist, but will learn to draw them myself if necessary)
BG/CG's: 0% (None so far)

Celestie
Veteran

#332 Post by Celestie »

Makes you want to jump along with Clover, seriously~

Haruhi is just so hugable~ As result I am afraid I won't be able to see him as a boy anytime soon xDDD
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#333 Post by GlassHeart »

So I was lurking around the forums like I usually do and noticed that this thread had a demo in it... how did I not see that before?

Anyway, I downloaded and played aaaaand.... wait for it.... it was awesome!!! :P
I really liked the story and as much as I wanted not to like him, Kaius was my favorite. I hate myself for picking the jerk/loner/mysterious character every single time (not really...)

As many probably said before me, Marin's parents are such jerks! Did you make them that way so it wouldn't be sad if she left them? :lol:
As for the rest of the characters, I liked all of them. The boys were all great and I will go for every one of them when the full game comes out.
BTW I love the name Lucan, I don't think I've heard it before.

I wonder if the whole fan-club thing is real. I always see it in manga, anime or games, but does it exist in real life? I find it hard to belive.
Still, Rui was pretty cool about it (not stabbing me to death when I said I liked the cute and sweet type :lol: )

Random blabbering about game is over now. ^^ Can't wait for the final release!!
Image Image

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#334 Post by teacup »

@Gryphbear
Thanks, I'll have to try that out tomorrow and see if it works (I hate being away from my computer...)

@Celestie
You should try it, it's kinda fun :D
Well, if you thought him as a boy, then he wouldn't be a very good "trap" now would he?
Haha, just kidding... Surely you'll see him more as a guy if you decide to play his path.

@Glassheart
Thanks for playing!! I'm glad you liked it~!
As many probably said before me, Marin's parents are such jerks! Did you make them that way so it wouldn't be sad if she left them? :lol:
Nahh, they just didn't want to have kids and are pretty bitter about being stuck with Marin. No other reason than that really. I dunno though, maybe I should give them a better reason for hating on her so much XD
I'm very happy to know you liked all of the characters.. except for them.
I wonder if the whole fan-club thing is real. I always see it in manga, anime or games, but does it exist in real life? I find it hard to belive.
Still, Rui was pretty cool about it (not stabbing me to death when I said I liked the cute and sweet type :lol: )
I... don't think such a thing could exist in real life XD! How corrupted would school officials have to be to allow such a club? Unless it was a super secret underground club...
And Rui would NEVER stab Marin to death over a guy! Would she? Well, I don't think she would...
Random blabbering about game is over now. ^^ Can't wait for the final release!!
Thank you very much! n_n

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#335 Post by Riviera »

Teacup oh god I love your avatar so much I want to kidnap it and keep it forever.

About Rui: I dunno, you gotta watch the nice ones. They're the ones that snap and murder everyone in darker genres. And they do their murdering in terrible ways. o.o;
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

wolveski
Regular
Completed: none...yet
Projects: Heavens Falls (WIP)

#336 Post by wolveski »

i have a drop shadow on my text that works fairly well :)

proof reading? is that like spell checking,punctuation full stops capital's what would sound better ect?

i can usually do all that in a day or two (i'm just lazy on forums lol)

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#337 Post by teacup »

Riviera wrote:Teacup oh god I love your avatar so much I want to kidnap it and keep it forever.
Thanks, I love it too! I have to ask though; Considering the fact that you love my avatar, was this:
Riviera wrote: I dunno, you gotta watch the nice ones. They're the ones that snap and murder everyone in darker genres. And they do their murdering in terrible ways. o.o;
meant to be ironic? XD
wolveski wrote:i have a drop shadow on my text that works fairly well :)
Help me please!! How does one get an effect on the name? It's probably really easy but I can't figure it out.
wolveski wrote: proof reading? is that like spell checking,punctuation full stops capital's what would sound better ect?

Bingo, that's what proofreading is~
Would it really only take you one-two days to proofread 90,000+ words? Can I add you to my list of potential proofreaders then? >w<

maypaymusic
Regular

#338 Post by maypaymusic »

wooo I can help with proofreading :D though I do not really want to be spoiled...but I do not mind :) playing the game itself is a different experience altogether :)
♥Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears...♥

wolveski
Regular

#339 Post by wolveski »

wolveski wrote:i have a drop shadow on my text that works fairly well :)
Help me please!! How does one get an effect on the name? It's probably really easy but I can't figure it out.
wolveski wrote: proof reading? is that like spell checking,punctuation full stops capital's what would sound better ect?

Bingo, that's what proofreading is~
Would it really only take you one-two days to proofread 90,000+ words? Can I add you to my list of potential proofreaders then? >w<[/quote]

heres the code from mine

Code: Select all

init:
    python:
        config.window_title = "Heaven Falls"
        config.window_icon = "Icon.png"
        config.screen_width = 800
        config.screen_height = 600
        config.main_menu_music = "k04.mp3"

theme.roundrect(
            mm_root = "HeavenFalls.png",
            gm_root = "HeavenFalls.png",    
            )

style.default.size = 20
        #style.default.font = "DejaVuSans.ttf"  #Renamed this, so good looking italics can work.
        config.developer = False
        config.skip_delay = 35

style.say_window.background = Image("Message.png")
        style.say_window.xminimum = 800
        style.say_window.yminimum = 160
        style.say_window.left_padding = 40
        style.say_window.top_padding = 30
        style.say_window.right_padding = 35
        style.say_window.bottom_padding = 20

style.say_who_window.background = Image("Message.png")
        style.say_who_window.xminimum = 190
        style.say_who_window.yminimum = 60
        style.centered_text.drop_shadow = (1, 2)

style.say_dialogue.size = 18
        style.say_dialogue.drop_shadow = ( 1, 2 )

style.nvl_window.background = "#0008"
and sure i'd be glad to help more,90,000 words may seem alot but when there in differant tabs and labels they seem less and are easier to "digest" :P

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#340 Post by Riviera »

Noooo, actually it wasn't. They were two separate statements, really!

Just had to comment on it, plus I was thinking of all the animes like Higurashi, Elfen Lied, School Days, etc., that have the cutest characters go completely nuts. Also all the non-slasher animes that have the really nice characters put up with a lot of stuff and then eventually get fed up and go all "I WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE MISERABLE!" for a while.

I'd link some tvtropes but I'm not that evil. Usually.
Last edited by Riviera on Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolveski
Regular

#341 Post by wolveski »

heh thats so true,even in RL as the saying go's "it is allways the quite ones" i mean i am a terrable gamer,i think it might be road rage....i should play as the top hat instead :D

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#342 Post by Riviera »

wolveski wrote:heh thats so true,even in RL as the saying go's "it is allways the quite ones" i mean i am a terrable gamer,i think it might be road rage....i should play as the top hat instead :D
I could probably be considered a bad gamer too, to be honest. Usually play on normal or easy difficulty. Meh, I care not! (Imoen quote)

Really looking forward to this game, though.. the art's gotten very nice, and I had fun with the demo~

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#343 Post by teacup »

maypaymusic wrote:wooo I can help with proofreading :D though I do not really want to be spoiled...but I do not mind :) playing the game itself is a different experience altogether :)
I'll add you to my list of potentials! ^o^ Thank you for offering your help!
-nod nod- Reading the script and playing the game aren't at all the same thing... even though you'll be spoiled, playing the game is (hopefully) 10000x more fun~

@wolveski
Thanks for the code, although I have to admit, I'm still confused... OTL. Don't worry though, I'll figure it out ^^;

@Riviera
Ahaha yeah, I haven't seen those first two but School Days for sure... -shudders- It gave me nightmares XDD
Riviera wrote: Really looking forward to this game, though.. the art's gotten very nice, and I had fun with the demo~
Thank you!! :D Really happy that you see improvement in the art~

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#344 Post by RemnantDream »

I'd be willing to help with proofreading too ^^

Anywho, I loved the demo and I can't wait for the full version.
Kaiuuuussss :D

Celestie
Veteran

#345 Post by Celestie »

I'd offer myself to proofread, except my English is only so good to point out simple grammar and spelling mistakes, typos and stuff, not in expressions or wordings, since I do those mistakes constantly, English isn't my native tongue, after all. So I'd rather ask if you still need soemone with my (lack of) level of skills xD
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*