[COMPLETE] (P)lanets -GxB

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
IanaBri
Regular

Re: [WIP] (P)lanets -GxB [DEMO! 8th Page]

#166 Post by IanaBri »

I cannot wait for the completion of the game! It was awesome. I went as far down every path before the end of the demo. Although it wasn't long (because it's a demo duh), I liked it...a lot. I am looking foward to the full version...seriously.

chifuni

#167 Post by chifuni »

I played the demo and I absolutely loved it! I also loved your artwork as well. My favorite character is Kaius. ;) I hope you finish soon!

nefferinthia
Regular

#168 Post by nefferinthia »

Oh my god, the demo was really awesome! I wasn't expecting very much but it turned out to be really good! My favorite is definitely Ryuu~ Ther were a few spelling mistakes but it wasn't very distracting although maybe you'd want a proofreader? It can always help n___n

Please complete the full version soon <3

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#169 Post by teacup »

@azureXtwilight
Thank you!
Lol, Kaius' dad has a fan?? I never saw that happening XD
@IanaBri & chifuni
Thank you!!!
@Harumi Fujyoshi
Thanks you! :D
I have three proofreaders now, so hopefully the full version will be better~

Gryphbear
Regular

#170 Post by Gryphbear »

Very cool story.

I've found a few typos and the like, but overall, not that bad. I would watch for "Marin" versus "Marine" -- in the latter parts -- it seemed like everyone was calling her a marine. lol.

Another thing is... In that world, are all "Psyche-Users" telekinetics or use telekinesis in some form? Because that's what you imply by Psychokinetics. I was thinking maybe you could use Psychekinetics to differentiate from basic telekinetic users to a broader based psychic user type. I dunno. :) It just gave me the impression that 95% of them can move things with their minds ;) I hope this made sense lol.

Anyway, it's a great story so far. :)
WIP: Ring av Guder - (Contemporary Fantasy VN/Dating Sim?)

What do you get when you inherit a mystical ring, meet Norse Dieties, and Werewolves, Satyrs, or Dwarves? Possibilities.

General Completion: 5% - (Still working on story plot.)
Story status: 1% (In progress of revamping)
Scripting: 1% (Prologue is about done)
Character Art: 0% (Would like to find a Bara-type Artist, but will learn to draw them myself if necessary)
BG/CG's: 0% (None so far)

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#171 Post by teacup »

@Gryphbear
Thank you :D
The only one who calls Marin as 'Marine' is Ruiko. Rui's a clumsy girl, she always gets Marin's name wrong. XD Sorry if that was confusing..
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying.. ^^;

Gryphbear
Regular

#172 Post by Gryphbear »

teacup wrote:@Gryphbear
Thank you :D
The only one who calls Marin as 'Marine' is Ruiko. Rui's a clumsy girl, she always gets Marin's name wrong. XD Sorry if that was confusing..
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying.. ^^;
On Marine's name issue - then show a bit more clearly that Marin notices Rui gets her name wrong occasionally. Unless I missed it entirely in the demo. Heh.

And what I was trying to say about the PK thing -- Psychokinesis as you state in the demo -- seems to be a catchall phrase for all psychics... where it is technically not. (it's mainly movement of objects and the like using the mind alone.)

It's when Kaius was explaining about PK users, I believe. All the students can do telekinesis? ;) I was thinking you could just use "Psyche Users" since it covers more than one aspect of psychic ability. But feel free to disregard my suggestions. It didn't detract from me enjoying the game anyway :)

I just know a few things about actual psychic things lol.

What do you get when you inherit a mystical ring, meet Norse Dieties, and Werewolves, Satyrs, or Dwarves? Possibilities.

Character Art: 0% (Would like to find a Bara-type Artist, but will learn to draw them myself if necessary)

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#173 Post by teacup »

All right, I will make sure to make that more clear ^^

Well, I'm still not sure if I understand correctly (Sorry about that) but I did some researching on the subject and this is what it said :

'Psychokinesis is the umbrella term for various related specialty abilities, which may include:

* Telekinesis
* Pyrokinesis
* Self levitation
* Influencing events
* Biological healing.
* Teleportation
* Phasing through matter.
* Electro-psychokinesis
* Transmutation of matter.
* Metamorphosis Shape-shifting.
* Energy shield (force field)
* Control of magnetism.
* Control of photons
* Thoughtform projection aka telepathic projection'

In other words, psychokinesis refers to all different psychic abilities, not just moving objects.
Of course that website might not be reliable but I have no way of knowing that, ^^; So I just use psychokinesis to refer to all of the different psychic powers.

Gryphbear
Regular

#174 Post by Gryphbear »

teacup wrote:All right, I will make sure to make that more clear ^^

Well, I'm still not sure if I understand correctly (Sorry about that) but I did some researching on the subject and this is what it said :

'Psychokinesis is the umbrella term for various related specialty abilities, which may include:

* Telekinesis
* Pyrokinesis
* Self levitation
* Influencing events
* Biological healing.
* Teleportation
* Phasing through matter.
* Electro-psychokinesis
* Transmutation of matter.
* Metamorphosis Shape-shifting.
* Energy shield (force field)
* Control of magnetism.
* Control of photons
* Thoughtform projection aka telepathic projection'

In other words, psychokinesis refers to all different psychic abilities, not just moving objects.
Of course that website might not be reliable but I have no way of knowing that, ^^; So I just use psychokinesis to refer to all of the different psychic powers.
Ahhh okay. Would you mind PM'ing me that website? :) I'd not mind looking at it myself.

Ulin207
Projects: Aurora Spirit

#175 Post by Ulin207 »

It's been a while since I've played through the demo, but I was unable to finish due to receiving an error. I didn't post earlier as I thought someone else would have brought it up, but since no one else seemed to encounter it I shall report it.

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

NameError: name 'luncha' is not defined

While running game code:
 - script at line 3281 of C:\Users\Andy\renpy-6.9.3\PLANETSS/game/script.rpy
 - python at line 3281 of C:\Users\Andy\renpy-6.9.3\PLANETSS/game/script.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Users\Ulin207\Desktop\(P)lanets-win32\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 270, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Users\Ulin207\Desktop\(P)lanets-win32\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
  File "C:\Users\Ulin207\Desktop\(P)lanets-win32\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
  File "C:\Users\Ulin207\Desktop\(P)lanets-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
  File "C:\Users\Ulin207\Desktop\(P)lanets-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 1301, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Ulin207\Desktop\(P)lanets-win32\renpy\python.py", line 994, in py_eval
  File "C:\Users\Andy\renpy-6.9.3\PLANETSS/game/script.rpy", line 3281, in <module>
NameError: name 'luncha' is not defined

While running game code:
 - script at line 3281 of C:\Users\Andy\renpy-6.9.3\PLANETSS/game/script.rpy
 - python at line 3281 of C:\Users\Andy\renpy-6.9.3\PLANETSS/game/script.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.11.2b

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#176 Post by teacup »

Eh? That's strange, I've never seen that error and lint didn't find it either. Fooey. ^^;

YukinoAi

#177 Post by YukinoAi »

cant wait till the game is out! played the demo and loved it!

Mirage
Veteran

#178 Post by Mirage »

Considering I'm also making a game with psychics now, and I did my homework (lol)

Psychokinesis is strictly only for using mind to affect matter. The list you mentioned is a pretty good list. Like making things hot (pyrokinesis) or moving objects (teleportation), etc. However, there are still many other types of Psychic abilities such as Precognition, Clairvoyance, Telepathy, Astral Projection, and none of these should be confused with Psychokinesis. They are completely different type of psychic abilities.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#179 Post by teacup »

@YukinoAi
Thank you!
@Mirage
I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible. If it's not I apologise, but I can't really do much about it. Based on the researching I did, psychokinesis can refer to all of the powers that are used in my game. Maybe it can't be used to refer to EVERY psychic power, but that's not the point. So I believe it's fine if I refer to it as psychokinesis.
Good luck with your own game.

Mirage
Veteran

#180 Post by Mirage »

Eh? lol, why do you need to apologize? It's your game, and it's up to you with what you want to use. I just thought of explaining different type of ESP vs Psychokinesis. I know some people out there are picky when it comes to definition. (I experienced it first hand, so I know, lol)