That Cheap and Sacred Thing [Complete]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

Re: [WIP] "That Cheap and Sacred Thing" Recruiting!

#181 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Anyway, gonna work on this in the weekend! All in good time! :mrgreen:

I believe that enthusiasm and cheerfulness and ambition are contagious so go infect someone else... it's like the common cold, shake hands and pass it around. ;)

This is a digital virus, LOL.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

drawing_is_fun
Regular
Projects: -None-

#182 Post by drawing_is_fun »

Any Updates :D
-- note yourself: "do homework first before anything else" ---

its just the way it is

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#183 Post by JinzouTamashii »

I don't know. I don't remember. =(

What was the last thing that I did....... ?
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#184 Post by carosene »

Sorry guys, I haven't been checking in very much--I'm gonna be kind of inactive over the holidays. ^-^;;
Anywho! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! Hope to be more active soon!
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

carosene
Veteran

#185 Post by carosene »

Alright guys, the music situation looks like it's gonna be pretty wrapped up! :D Our music man has done a great job!

How goes the sprites? Any progress? :D What steps need to be taken next?
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#186 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Yaho!

I've been having some connectivity problems lately, carosene. If you need to get in touch with me, either send a message @jinzoutamashii on twitter, use erobot in the IRC chat and say

Code: Select all

!tell JinzouTamashii <message> 
or send an e-mail to jinzoutamashii@gmail.com ...

I'm looking into applying for Google Wave, but it might be a while before they process that through their supercomputers.

There's also #SumoftheParts on freenode.net but it's largely empty 99% of the time, except for ghosted users, spambots, proxies, reroutes, and erobot—of course. Gotta give a shout-out to chunderbunny for that one.

carosene
Veteran

#187 Post by carosene »

I'm afeared that we've getting stuck in development purgatory. o.o

I wonder, is it time to recruit another artist...?
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#188 Post by JinzouTamashii »

The good news is: I'm back after a week of, er, hospital stay.

The bad news is: My computer is completely crashed and I'm only good for writing and editting right now. My copy of ArtRage I would prefer to legally buy, but my PayPal is empty, and any income I have from various true devteams (Nintendo, Blizzard, Google Labs, and PIXAR) has been drained through identity theft and fraud while I had a nervous breakdown in January. Hooray.

The bright side is, all you need is a $25 (Is that still the market price) copy of ArtRage and the real 3D programs are so far out of my budget range that it's not even funny. It's sad when an aspiring 3DCG artist has to pirate and circumvent DRM legally, huh? =(

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm still here. Again, jinzoutamashii@gmail.com. I have, like, so many unread spam mails but I'll be trying to check it everyday from now on.

carosene
Veteran

#189 Post by carosene »

Oh goodness. o.o I'm really sorry. Thanks for the update!
Anywho, drawing_is_fun has failed to get back to me. -.-

People have disappeared so entirely that the time has come to recruit again!!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED...

I AM INTERESTED IN YOU.

Needed: Line-artist. Colorists. It sounds like. If you can help, please post!! The time to get this sucker finished is NOW~!!

JT, could you give us a quick summary of where we are on the sprites if we assume drawing_is_fun is out of the picture? So we don't make the newcomers dig through the posts. Like tell us about the body-sketchy things you did, and what the next step needs to be.
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

carosene
Veteran

Re: [WIP] TCAST - on the recruit!

#190 Post by carosene »

Pwease come help me? :3

*putting on my mature pants*
It would be really great if we could get some artists up in here and get this finished. :)
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

Shadelight
Projects: Multiple. Most finished, some pending.

#191 Post by Shadelight »

just throwing this out there, but perhaps you should make a new recruitment post

shanou20

#192 Post by shanou20 »

Hi!
Perhaps i can help you (or find someone who can help you^^)
What do you need exactly??
Sorry if my english is bad but it's not my native language :oops:
Hey you!!! Do you want my picture??

leaux

#193 Post by leaux »

Uh hi, if you stil need volunteers for art. . .

uh here's a link to something I did: http://img246.imageshack.us/i/iuoiipuuioy.jpg/

sena
Projects: none >>

#194 Post by sena »

hello carsosene,

I was very interested in this project for some time now. Though I did think to help, for I already thought you had two very fine artists who were capable of doing the work. (and one who I have befriended on DA, JinzouTamashi who is very good at what she does :wink: ) Though like you said due to certain circumstances she and your artists are inactive in this project. And that is why I finally thought to stop lurking and help this project. ( which I really do find interesting :) )

I am interested in doing the line work, coloring, and the cgs.( pretty much everything) Here is my DA
I do check my DA everyday and I lurk this forum everyday too, So I will make sure to keep up in production and not abandon this project! I as an artist have been itching for something to do. Which is why I seriously want to partake in this.

My email is: xsesamex3@yahoo.com

I hope to hear from you soon.

carosene
Veteran

#195 Post by carosene »

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is all I gotta say right now. XD

Sorry for not checking up here as often as I should have, I guess I got too disappointed plus distracted with schoolwork and such... (Should have been more patient!)

I definitely do still need volunteers. :D Thanks all three of you for posting.

shanou: Your English is fine. :) (I got friends in Belgium! I cheer for Belgium! XD)
The front page will tell you what we got and what we need. :) Right now, we are 100% done with backgrounds, we just need sprites and CGs. There are a lot of those, though. ^-^;;
I would love to have you help us out! :D Would you like to help with lineart or coloring? If so, can I see an example of your work?

leaux: You're flipping amazing. o.o Can I contract you to get started, like, now?
Wait a minute, are these my characters? o.o They look like they could be!! XD

sena: I did have very fine artists, but one vanished not long after we got started, the other vanished a month or so ago, and JT is still hanging strong :), but she's got a lot going on right now, so I didn't want to make her do the whole flippin' rest of the project just because other people dropped out. Plus she's done a lot for me already. :O Not only has she done all of the backgrounds by herself, but she's also been great moral support. :)
You're a very talented artist, and I'm definitely sure I could put you to work! :D I'm not sure if your style quite jives with what I've got in mind for the lineart, (but don't rule it out, I could change my mind XD) but I like your colors, if you want to join Team Color! :D
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA