[WIP] Perfect Nightmare - Pre-release added.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
mysterialize
Veteran
Projects: The World is Made of Paper

Re: [WIP] Perfect Nightmare - Demo added.

#46 Post by mysterialize »

I'll take your word for it then. XD Good luck in getting this done.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#47 Post by JinzouTamashii »

PyTom wrote:
Lanna wrote:1 hour until it's done, 3 hours, 5 hours? More, less?
A game is too short if it doesn't tell me a complete story. A lot of games stop just at the point where the characters have met, which is way too early. The story should first make me sympathetic to the characters, and then challenge them, and then have them overcome the challenge (or not).

A game is too long if there's too much unnecessaryness in it. Everything in it should deal with the plot (or the characters, and even there, we don't want to be overwhelmed with information about the characters that will never be relevant).

With these definitions, a game can be both too short and too long at the same time.
I think we've talked about this before, but I fully agree with these statements, especially the part that I've taken the liberty of bolding for emphasis. PyTom, how many failed projects have I started now?...
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

Shadow Wolfwind
Regular
Projects: Comeuppance
Tumblr: chiizusando

#48 Post by Shadow Wolfwind »

Finally, I got around to playing the demo. Let me first off say that I love the art! It's unique and different. I really enjoy all the characters and their personalities. The story is interesting and I'm intrigued to read the rest. I found one of the bgm a little annoying, but it could have been just because I was wearing headphones. (I believe it's the second song of the game played)

As for length this is just my opinion, but if I were in your position I wouldn't release it until the game is fully completed. So if it's several chapters long I wouldn't release the first chapter. I would wait until I finished all the chapters and then bring it out as one big complete game.

Also I'd be interested in doing voice work for this. I don't know what you are looking for, but I can do both male and female parts. If there's someone you'd like me to read for give me a pm.

Lanna
Regular

Re: [WIP] Perfect Nightmare - Pre-release added.

#49 Post by Lanna »

Quoting myself from the first post...
Lanna wrote:Woohoo, pre-release!
Windows: http://uploaded.to/file/1mut61
Mac: http://uploaded.to/file/5enkae
Linux: http://uploaded.to/file/yexna3

I don't really want to post this in 'Completed Works', because... well, it's not. It's the full script and everything, but I refuse to call the game completed until the voice acting is added. Speaking of that, there'll be a patch for it in a few months. :)
@Shadow Wolfwind:
Haha, I decided to release it chapter by chapter after all. ^^;; I dunno, I think that way it's just easier for me to consider critiques I receive and whatnot. Thank you so much for your input though!

Right now I don't need any more voice actors, but that'll change for sure in the upcoming chapters. Do you have a demo reel or anything like that? I'd love to hear your voice!

Vynuxys
Regular

#50 Post by Vynuxys »

Fwoosh. I just played it through.. it was great 8D It got me cracked up multiple times, and I really like the humour in this overall. I got totally confused at first, but then it began to make sense little by little.. though, a lot is still unkown. I can't wait for the release with voice actors! And overall, for the next chapters, too. Although, I saw a mistake somewhere, only once...
I think it was Takun speaking... maybe when he and Will went to the cinema or something? I know he said something along the lines of "How dare you talking to me like this?!". Instead of 'talking', it should be 'talk' :3.
Other than that, it was all good. Keep it up! ;3

Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

#51 Post by Aka-kami »

i try to download it... but it seems that the site you uploaded to doesn't like my country. or maybe my internet just sucks... The problem is that halfway through the download it stops and this has been the case for the past 2 days or so.

I wouldn't force you to, but could you please upload it to another site? I'd really love to play this ;A;
See ya.

Lanna
Regular

#52 Post by Lanna »

@Vynuxys:
Agh! Major English failure on my part, once again lol. I'll see if his voice actor changes the line, then I'll change it in the script as well. I really don't want to bother him about such minor things right now, haha.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, thank you so much! ^^

@Aka-kami:
I got highly frustrated the day I uploaded it because there wasn't a single other site that seemed to work for me - I'll try again for you. Which version do you need (Windows/Mac/Linux) and which download site would you prefer?

Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

#53 Post by Aka-kami »

Ah, don't worry! i was able to find out the problem: my crappy internet connection.

So i'm trying to get everything in order, you don't have to re upload it anywhere. <8D;;

I'm sorry about the trouble Dx
See ya.

Mrs. Abject
Regular
Projects: Looking For My Prince, Ghost, Sleepwalk to Me

#54 Post by Mrs. Abject »

I've been really wanting to play this, but my computer can't open .rar archives. I don't know if something's wrong with it or what. Would it be possible for you to upload the current version as a zip or a tar.bz2 instead?

I'm sorry if I'm asking too much.

Lanna
Regular

#55 Post by Lanna »

Sure, I don't mind! Which version though - Windows, Mac or Linux?

Aka-kami
Regular

#56 Post by Aka-kami »

Mrs. Abject wrote:I've been really wanting to play this, but my computer can't open .rar archives. I don't know if something's wrong with it or what. Would it be possible for you to upload the current version as a zip or a tar.bz2 instead?

I'm sorry if I'm asking too much.
uhm. i think the problem is that you don't have winrar ._.

you can download it for free by searching it on google :)
See ya.

Mrs. Abject
Regular

#57 Post by Mrs. Abject »

Never mind, I got winrar and played it through. Thank you, though.

I do have a question about the ending, though. Are there multiple endings in the first chapter, or are there no multiple endings at all, or will there be multiple endings later on?

Also,
at the end of my playthrough, Will and Takun discussed how they used to be in a relationship or something. If I make different choices, can they have a happier ending? Or will I have to wait and see?
All silly yaoi girl blather aside, I really like it so far. You did a wonderful job.

Lanna
Regular

#58 Post by Lanna »

There is one regular ending that everyone gets, then the credits show - and if all the right choices were made, the real ending appears afterwards. I'll most likely continue like this in the upcoming chapters.

The happiest ending you can get is the one that shows after the credits, along with an event CG that actually says "true end". Though it looks like a happy ending...all I can say right now is that it isn't, and that the next chapter completely ruins it. :P

I'm glad you liked it, thank you very much for playing. <3

Mrs. Abject
Regular

#59 Post by Mrs. Abject »

Um... would it be possible for you to PM me the correct choices necessary to get the special picture? I've been trying and I haven't gotten it right yet. orz

Mio
Completed: Hotel Dusk / -Another Code- / Yume Nikki / The longest Journey /

#60 Post by Mio »

Hello...I hope it's not too late to write here XD But when I click on the Windows version(the one I need) it keeps telling me "Error 404"
It can't find him (çAç)
I really want to play this visual novel °(>_<)°
Can somebody help me?