[WIP] Perfect Nightmare - Pre-release added.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Lanna
Regular

[WIP] Perfect Nightmare - Pre-release added.

#1 Post by Lanna »

edit:
Woohoo, pre-release!
Windows: http://uploaded.to/file/1mut61
Mac: http://uploaded.to/file/5enkae
Linux: http://uploaded.to/file/yexna3

I don't really want to post this in 'Completed Works', because... well, it's not. It's the full script and everything, but I refuse to call the game completed until the voice acting is added. Speaking of that, there'll be a patch for it in a few months. :)

--

Well, I'm not an anime artist, but my project is still a visual novel, so I hope it's okay to post it here.

This was supposed to be a one-man project (I do all of the art, music, writing and coding), but then I thought it would be really neat to add some voice-acting, so if anyone's interested, it'd be awesome if you could post some samples of your voice. 8)

Anyway!

Summary
Uhh, it's basically about an underground organization in the underworld that accepts all kinds of requests, as long as they're completely ridiculous. (Because videogame-esque quests are just too boring, right?) Everything's all fine and dandy, until one day someone asks them to destroy the earth...

Characters
Image Image Image
From left to right - Takun, Will and Sara, also known as 'the Mastermind', 'the Proxy' and 'Female Marionette #2' - but don't worry, you won't have to endure these code names throughout the whole game.
There'll be way more characters though, I just need to draw them all lol.

Screenshots
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Gameplay
There's hardly any gameplay, it's really just reading, reading, reading... Sometimes you'll be given choices though. That includes asking about information (if you don't care, simply choose to not ask anything at all) and choosing between two options that'll slightly change the story. Also, if you answer all of the questions in the game 'correctly', there'll be an alternate ending (that is the actual canon ending). Oh, and just as a heads-up, it's a BL ending, but it's VERY easy to avoid if you're not into that stuff. :)
Last edited by Lanna on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

Re: [WIP] Perfect Nightmare

#2 Post by Mirielle »

I sent a PM regarding voices but I thought I'd put some general feedback here.

Firstly, I simply love the artwork. It's different and refreshing, in a cartoon-y style that makes me smile, and it looks so delightfully crisp. You don't need to be too concerned that it's not traditionally 'anime-esque', because something new and different is definitely appreciated here.

I'm also very intrigued by your premise. It suits your artwork. Or the artwork suits the story. Either way, I'm really liking the idea. It's weird and it's promising, and it has the potential to be a memorable game. I like humorously wierd stories and this seems to be heading in that direction.

And, Female Marionette #2, lol.

So, uh, yeah, I'll be adding this to my list of stalked threads now!
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!

Lanna
Regular

Re: [WIP] Perfect Nightmare - Demo added.

#3 Post by Lanna »

Haha, I can't believe I was so worried about posting here at first... ^_^;; Makes me feel a bit stupid now. Thank you so much for your kind words, Mirielle!

Yep, it certainly is heading in that direction - I'm not sure if I can do it well, humor-wise, but I bet it's definitely weird enough, lol.

I added the demo to the first post, if anyone wants to check it out. Uhh, and in case it bothers some people, I guess I'd better mention there's lots of swearing. Yeah. Feedback would be highly appreciated, and please let me know if there are any distracting grammar or spelling mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker. ;;

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#4 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Fuck yeah, a demo.

うううあう! This is going to be so cool! The music really fits, the interface is nice, loving the fonts, and your art is superb. I really like Western art too so this scratches a certain itch for me.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#5 Post by MaiMai »

Ooooh, I really, really, REALLY like the art style and the interface. *downloads demo*
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Melkoshi
Regular
Projects: Jewels of Sytinane

#6 Post by Melkoshi »

Omg the art style is awesome! Such a nice change!!

looks great so far!
--- My DeviantArt.
Game in Progress for demo-teaser:
story(script) = 45%
sprites = 100%
programming(interface) = 35%
CGs = 0%
Backgrounds = 5%
Music/sound = 0%

Mrs. Abject
Regular
Projects: Looking For My Prince, Ghost, Sleepwalk to Me

#7 Post by Mrs. Abject »

...Wow.
You have no idea how much I want to play the full version. Will and Takun are so freakin' adorable in their interactions with each other, and I hope very much that they are the subject of the BL ending.
The art really fits, too, and it's very original.

Lanna
Regular

#8 Post by Lanna »

Thanks so much, everyone - you guys are awesome!
Working on this is so much fun, and knowing there are people who want to play it makes it even more worthwile!

@Mrs. Abject:
Yep, the BL ending will be for these two. :) Their relationship is also an important part of the whole story, actually, so expect way more in the upcoming VNs, haha.
(I really need to stop thinking about the sequels, I didn't even finish half of the first one...)

--

Totally exclusive character art, anyone? :mrgreen:
Image Image

Ahh, I have this weird feeling that it'll be difficult to find voice actors for the guys. Any ideas? :?

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#9 Post by sake-bento »

MAN, your artwork has a rockin' style. (Yes, I still say rockin'). I'm gonna try out the demo now. BL really isn't my speed, but I'm intrigued nonetheless.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#10 Post by Deji »

Your style is really cool! :D
I like the vibrant colors everywhere!
I downloaded the demo and will give it a try later :3
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

lorddon
Regular

#11 Post by lorddon »

Just adding a "me too" on loving the art style. It looks like a lot of fun.
Discipline or Lack - My current projects and my progress on them.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Those are boys?

I refuse to believe it until I see evidence of that.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.

Lanna
Regular

#13 Post by Lanna »

Aaaand again, thank you for the comments! <3

@sake-bento:
Thank you! :) I'm glad you're giving it a try anyway. The whole BL thing is heavily implied, but rest assured it's not there for the sake of yaoi fangirls, haha.

In fact, I hope I'll be able to make people pay attention to their relationship and how it develops in the story, not the fact they're both guys. We'll see if I can do it. XD

@JinzouTamashii:
Ah, no no, I meant generally it'll be hard to find VAs for the male characters. Sorry, I kinda misworded that before - of course the two characters I posted before are girls. :P

Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

#14 Post by Aka-kami »

oAo!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! A VN FOR PERFECT NIGHTMARE? I SHALL DIE HAPPY XAX
See ya.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by JinzouTamashii »

In fact, I hope I'll be able to make people pay attention to their relationship and how it develops in the story, not the fact they're both guys. We'll see if I can do it. XD
Lanna... have you ever had any gay male friends? That might help you build a believable relationship.

If not, I can ask one of my friends if you have any questions on specific issues. Also, there are blogs and relationship advice forums that can work wonders for you if you're stuck. That's what I do... XD ... I browse them for ideas...

Ideas for how to give my characters problems and then how to fix them the way real people would. :P

Be sure to check out the Voice-Acting Alliance forum and to ask around here. I know there's at least two or three male VAs and more over at the VAAF.