Next in Line (GxB/G) - royal romance

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
writingmysoul
Projects: Next in Line
itch: writingmysoul
Discord: writingmysoul#6083

Next in Line (GxB/G) - royal romance

#1 Post by writingmysoul »

I'm going to move this over to development forum now because it is in active development and not just an idea.

Hi! It's March 2022 and I've just made some updates to this page on the demo progress. I'm also running a $10 giveaway - head over tohttps://writingmysoul.itch.io/next-in-l ... o-progressto read about that. It's running until March 26th. My goal for the contest is to get feedback and gauge interest at this point.
Giveaway until March 26th!
Giveaway until March 26th!
80% of the demo script has been coded!
Description
You're next in line for the throne of Castelon.
Today, on your 21st birthday, you begin the timeless tradition of sharing the responsibility of running Castelon for the next year, alongside your mother, Queen Vivian. This tradition, known as The Harbinger Ceremony, will affect the fate of all Castelon.

You're next in line for the throne of Castelon, a fictional country based loosely on Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, and periods of England (along with whatever else is in my head).

Your father, the King, was assassinated less than a month ago and then your older, twin brother abdicated. Your country is reeling from its King's death and the end of a decade-long war.

Today, on your 21st birthday, you begin the timeless tradition of sharing the responsibility of running Castelon for the next year, alongside your mother, Queen Vivian. This tradition, known as The Harbinger Ceremony, is your opportunity to prove your ability to be a reliable ruler.

Prepare to step into a story about love, trust, and finding oneself. Can you navigate your royal duties, solve your father's murder, and find love at the same time? Or, will the Gods withdraw their blessing from you?

Some important characters
MC - Violet Verissimo (changeable first name)
Sir Constantine - love interest
Lady Margaret - love interest
Frederick Faramund - love interest
Prince James - MC’s brother
Queen Vivian - MC’s mother, Queen of Castelon
Oracle Davina
Lady Anna - MC’s lady in waiting & best friend

Images

I am currently in the process of creating character art references for the awesome volunteer artist who has agreed to lend her skills to the game!
Next in Line Logo
Next in Line Logo
Meet Violet
Meet Violet
Meet Frederick
Meet Frederick
Meet Frederick
Meet Frederick
Demo Screenshot
Demo Screenshot
Updates

What do I hope to get out of this thread?
I was hoping to get feedback on the information provided here. As in, does it sound interesting to you? I know everyone has different tastes, but did anything about the game make you more curious? Is anything here confusing / could be clarified?

I also created a (really short) survey here that can help inform the game: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =sf_link.

If you’re reading this, thank you kindly for your time!
Last edited by writingmysoul on Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Demo anticipated Summer 2022 Next in Line https://writingmysoul.itch.io/next-in-line

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: Next in Line (GxB/G) - royal romance

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

Ooh, I love royal inheritance drama! And Lady Margaret sounds really cool. I'm looking forward to seeing more updates about this one.
ImageImageImage

writingmysoul

#3 Post by writingmysoul »

parttimestorier wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:40 am Ooh, I love royal inheritance drama! And Lady Margaret sounds really cool. I'm looking forward to seeing more updates about this one.
Thanks so much for your response! Lady Margaret is definitely an interesting character.
Demo anticipated Summer 2022 Next in Line https://writingmysoul.itch.io/next-in-line

writingmysoul

#4 Post by writingmysoul »

March 2022 - I have made updates to the post that include updated images, description, and a $10 giveaway I am running to get feedback.