[WIP] The Perfect World: First

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Blue Sky
Regular
Projects: The Perfect World, Mahou Shoujo Daisuki!

[WIP] The Perfect World: First

#1 Post by Blue Sky »

This is my first visual novel... and a very ambitious one, at that. -_-; But first off, an explanation on the title... The Perfect World is essentially the name of Part 1 (of 3) in a game series I've come up with called Second Chance. Each part is broken up into even smaller segments, and those are each individual visual novels. The Perfect World: First is the first of these smaller segments in Part 1.

<Story>
For now, I'm going to keep this a mystery until I fix my script up. Too many things that need changing at this point. If you want a brief and very vague summary on Part 1, please check out Ehe~ Progress Blog. (Link at the bottom of this page.)

<Characters>
Levi
The protagonist. A quiet boy that bears a grudge against his father, and thus carries a hatred for all other men. He would do anything for his two sisters... he would even eat their cooking.

Lynne
Levi's older sister. She is 24, a tease, and has a boyfriend. Loves playing pranks on Levi. Has her very own route in the game.

Kim
Levi's eight year old sister. She is a cheerful girl. Levi spends a lot of his time worrying about her.

Marcy
A strange girl who dyes her hair multiple colors. She seems to reference Wind -a breath of heart- a lot. Also a classmate of Levi's.

Sarra
A quiet girl who hides in the library during lunch to avoid other people. Levi shares many of her views, and after seeing her get bullied, decides to protect her....

<Features>
No erotic scenes, meaning it will be safe for everyone to play.
10 heroines, along with an extra route for Lynne.
An opening sequence
Full CG gallery
Hopefully, it's very own music score.

Right now, I'm planning on doing all of the writing, programming, and art for this game. Hopefully, I've at least intrigued you with the sheer ambiguity of this post.... The script and overall story still need a lot of editing, so if I put any specific info on here it would probably end up being changed later.

<Current Game Status>
The game contains 243 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 4028 words,
for an average of 16.6 words per screen.
The game contains 2 menus.
0 cg
0 sprites
0 backgrounds
0 on pretty much everything else
Last edited by Blue Sky on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

Blue Sky
Regular

Re: [WIP] The Perfect World: First

#2 Post by Blue Sky »

[This post will be used for screencaps and other images/information]

exHominem
Projects: Consuming Flesh

#3 Post by exHominem »

Sounds like a pretty interesting idea, but like you said, very ambitious. Good luck!
Consuming Flesh - An epic story of war, zombies, survival, love, and more zombies.

Blue Sky
Regular

#4 Post by Blue Sky »

exHominem wrote:Sounds like a pretty interesting idea, but like you said, very ambitious. Good luck!
Thank you! It means a lot to me. :)

I'm going to try to have a demo of this out by the end of the year, and the full game out in two years. Oh, and since I didn't mention this earlier, the game (and most likely its sequels) will be free. One of the main reasons I started developing TPW was so that there would be more visual novels available for macs, and it just helps if its free as well.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#5 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Good luck, Blue Sky!

Have you assembled a team yet? Need some help?
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

Blue Sky
Regular

#6 Post by Blue Sky »

JinzouTamashii wrote:Good luck, Blue Sky!

Have you assembled a team yet? Need some help?
It's just me working on this at the moment. :) And it will probably stay that way until I finish the majority of the script.

Wertville

#7 Post by Wertville »

Can't wait to see this one finished :O
We think the same, too.
It's always fun to throw something at someone that looks like trash, only for them to realize it was treasure half way through :P
...But half-way through the sequel works, too.

Blue Sky
Regular

#8 Post by Blue Sky »

Wertville wrote:Can't wait to see this one finished :O
We think the same, too.
It's always fun to throw something at someone that looks like trash, only for them to realize it was treasure half way through :P
...But half-way through the sequel works, too.
Thanks for the support! :3

...Of course, I'm hoping it won't be total trash. ;)

Wertville

#9 Post by Wertville »

:P
I'm sure it won't be, but it's always funniest when it is XD

Blue Sky
Regular

#10 Post by Blue Sky »

Wertville wrote::P
I'm sure it won't be, but it's always funniest when it is XD
Oh yeah. XD

I have finally created the progress blog on TPW! http://yummisnow.wordpress.com/

I'm hoping I'll be able to have enough to talk about. xD

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#11 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Have you heard of Perfect World International? It's an MMO, you might like it.

I tried it, but there were still some glitches so I went back to World of Warcraft.
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

Blue Sky
Regular

#12 Post by Blue Sky »

JinzouTamashii wrote:Have you heard of Perfect World International? It's an MMO, you might like it.

I tried it, but there were still some glitches so I went back to World of Warcraft.
I've never heard of it, but I'll definitely have to try it. I'll consider it research... :p

Blue Sky
Regular

#13 Post by Blue Sky »

Today, I wrote Marcy's bad end. I still need to tweak it a bit (mainly the part that comes before it), but otherwise it's probably either the cheesiest thing I've ever written... or the best. I can't decide. x)

Honestly, it probably isn't that good... but the inner romantic in me is all a flutter over it... ;-; It doesn't make sense, and it doesn't need to. Even if I change it to something more comedic later, (since it turned into something strangely dramatic/surreal/totally uncharacteristic of everything else in the visual novel) I'll at least release it as an omake for the end of the game, so that you all can baaw over it too.

I'm really sad that Marcy and Levi can't be a couple now. ;_; But if I added her route, it would just be way too much. For now, this is enough for me... maybe. ;;;;

Also, her personality changes a bit... in this novel, she's supposed to be the comic relief that doesn't make much sense, but in the second, she is actually a very solemn person that doesn't believe that her life has much meaning. Unfortunately, I kind of switched between the two half way through the ending... >>; Yet another thing I have to fix...