[WIP] Thinking (recruiting a lot of people)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

Re: [WIP] Thinking (recruiting BG artist)

#121 Post by Aka-kami »

o3o

*hasn't posted on this thread in like forever*

School's pretty much caught up to me and stuff. D: I don't have a whole lot of time now a days to CG. Au, i've seriously got tons of custom interfaces on me now (back during summer when i was playing around the layout). None of them would fit in with thinking though (all of them are preppy or have an unusual scheme like angels). Which is too bad :\

Hope you can finish the game soon 8D
See ya.

IxIoN
Regular
Projects: Thinking

Re: [WIP] Thinking (recruiting BG artist)

#122 Post by IxIoN »

Well, let's get serious, shall we?

I want a full staff to make a game that looks like a full VN and not a doujinshi (even if it's still a doujinshi =P), so I need a full staff for this. This are the positions avaibable:
  • Writing assistant: Will help me improve the story and write the scenes, to make the progress a little faster. Have to be creative (duh) and know about the basic of the story (demo). I will explain the full story to the person who applies, of course. Accepting only two.
  • Background artist: Will do the BGs and I will only accept those 3D BGs that are drawn by a computer (I don't know how to call it). Accepting till the credits can't hold anymore names.
  • Art assistant: Will help either with the backgrounds or the character. Will do small things like objects that will appear as a background (like the watch that Haruo is holding) to weapons and stuff. I would like some slashes too. Accepting anyone who wants to apply. Accepting till the credits can't hold anymore names.
  • Programmer: A person that knows how to use Ren'py completely and can do full effects of movements and such. REALLY NEEDED. Accepting till the credits can't hold anymore names.
Anyone interested please post here with the following information:

Name/Nickname:
E-mail: (can PM me with it if you want privacy)
Applying as:

So as you can see, I want something BIG XD. I really like this story and I want to make it something ambitious as a doujinshi. So, anyone interested to help?
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

Re: [WIP] Thinking (recruiting a lot of people)

#123 Post by CaesMRaenes »

Wow. I turn my back for a few moments and you're aiming for a big project. I'm glad that it came to that point and I've been interested in your work since you started so I'm a happy bird typing this out. I'm not signing up for a position, though it would be nice to participate but I'm booked, but I need to comment about your demo.

Now this is from a design student's point of view so it'll be critical and full of "oh my gawd, you did not just do that" messages so take it to heart in the lightest of terms.

I didn't finish the demo yet so I can't start talking about the direction of the story, but I do have a problem with the font you used for the text. I understand what you're trying to gun for because of the style and the title screen (which I love because it's simple, mysterious, and does show a bit of pizzazz), but the font used was, in the friendliest of terms, atrocious. It distracted me and was unappealing to read because of the wide letters and the old english-esque style of strokes. It's also rather big for text so decreasing the size may save its liberty. Otherwise, the font would be better off used as a decoration such as in the title screen (nicely used there) rather than for reading text.

I wonder if it's possible to have two sets of fonts. One for the title screen and one for reading text. That'll be something to keep in mind for your programmer.

Oh! And being that I was too "being a design student," I'll show you a few suggestions that may or may not help. Or at least, help you understand what I'm saying.
http://www.dafont.com/day-roman.font
http://www.dafont.com/imperator.font
http://www.dafont.com/old-typefaces.font
These fonts are "okay" and could be readable when done right. But I just think you need something better for your story. You deserve better.

Other than that, I'll get back to you when I read through the demo again. I loved your story from the first time you posted your first demo and would love to follow you 'til the end. Ciao~!
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

IxIoN
Regular

#124 Post by IxIoN »

Yeah I realized how uncomfortable it was to read with that font like a month later XD Thanks for the suggestions of fonts. I liked the 3rd one but I'll search a little more around the internet for a cool font. I'll search in DaFont, I might find something good over there.
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

#125 Post by CaesMRaenes »

IxIoN wrote:Yeah I realized how uncomfortable it was to read with that font like a month later XD Thanks for the suggestions of fonts. I liked the 3rd one but I'll search a little more around the internet for a cool font. I'll search in DaFont, I might find something good over there.
Okay. Good. XD I thought I was the only one who picked up on that. Phew.

I'll keep an eye out for fonts that would look nice for Thinking so I'll check back in with suggestions every now and then until you pick a font to your liking. Remember, IxIoN! You are not alone. Here, take the kitty. *is shot for lame joke*
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#126 Post by Victoria »

Well, I would probably like applying for a position of a writing assistant, to practise my writing skills, but I'm going to be out of town for a while (around a month?) so I guess you couldn't wait that long, right? I will have the internet and everything, but if you're expecting that kind of thing where we would need to be available 24/7, I don't think so XD
Plus, people will probably sign up for your story really quickly.
Good luck with this project, I'm still checking posts and news as I'm interested in the story =)
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

IxIoN
Regular

#127 Post by IxIoN »

Let's see if the positions are filled by then otherwise you'll start to work, okay?

Oh, well. Back to waiting. *refresh refresh refresh*
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#128 Post by Victoria »

Okay for me :mrgreen: But trust me, you'll get people :)
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

IxIoN
Regular

#129 Post by IxIoN »

I hope so. Thanks for the support! *refresh* *refresh* *refresh* *refresh*
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

juryia
Projects: CG artist for Caught in between

#130 Post by juryia »

Hi! i'm kinda interested in this project :D you can check sample of my works here at cocojam.deviantart.com

Name/Nickname: Jam
Timezome: UTC/GMT +8 hours
E-mail: (can PM me with it if you want privacy) cocojam_tako@yahoo.com
Applying as: Art assistant

IxIoN
Regular

#131 Post by IxIoN »

Art assistant: Will help either with the backgrounds or the character. Will do small things like objects that will appear as a background (like the watch that Haruo is holding) to weapons and stuff. I would like some slashes too. Accepting anyone who wants to apply. Accepting till the credits can't hold anymore names.
That'd be your work, 'kay? Thanks for applying and I saw your art and it's quite good. I recommend you to contact Aka-kami (the sprite artist) and ask her if she has some work for you. If she doesn't I can give you some (mainly the weapons and slashes).

Welcome to the team, juryia! =D
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

juryia
Projects: CG artist for Caught in between

#132 Post by juryia »

That'd be your work, 'kay? Thanks for applying and I saw your art and it's quite good. I recommend you to contact Aka-kami (the sprite artist) and ask her if she has some work for you. If she doesn't I can give you some (mainly the weapons and slashes).

Welcome to the team, juryia! =D
ok, will contact Aka-kami. thanks :D and Glad to be of help. :D

Alphonse
Regular

#133 Post by Alphonse »

Why are Kazuhiko and Haruo friends? You're not showing us their good sides, at all. Though you show us that insane sprite of Kazuhiko, so I'm assuming they're going to go all Higurashi and stuff. But even in Higurashi, the girls were somewhat likable, or at least tried to be likable.

How can Kazuhiko laugh when someone falls while running on the asphalt? (I mean, that stuff really, really hurts. Haruo must have scraped his hands, at the very least.) And then he chases his friend, trying to punch him. And he's really perverted too. It didn't even seem that funny, just annoying.
And on Haruo's side, how can he taunt his friend like that, just for a laugh? How can he just go watch his friend confessing his love for fun? It's even worse if Haruo is a self-centered jerk, because he's the protagonist... I could accept this if the point is supposed to be that he's a jerk or something. However, that doesn't seem to be the case so far. Nobody really seems to notice his jerkiness and it's not like he started off as a nice person who started to become twisted, like Light Yagami or something. In other words, his being a jerk seemingly serves no purpose.

And the occasional grammar errors pulled me out of the story, but you got some proofreaders so that's not important anymore. I can say that the description is pretty good, the art is very good, and the use of sound effects interesting. The music could be a little better and the font used in the game isn't very good for long texts, more like titles and headers and whatever, like that other person said. But please work on making your characters more tolerable. (My apologies for my inability to put this in a nicer way. orz)

IxIoN
Regular

#134 Post by IxIoN »

The problem is that those are ALREADY twisted, insane.
They even met in an hospital.
I made them like that because both of them don't know what pleasure and friendship really is (but sometimes they will show a good friendship, don't worry. And well, Haruo is actually mean =P), but slowly in the story they will find out. And actually I'm glad someone said something like that because I made them intolarable and hatable, to give room to a plot twist to make them lovable. I worked all that out with my cousin who is psychologist so I don't think it's wrong as a human.

About the font, yeah I know, will have to find one sooner or later.

And I'm not making an excuse, I'm just stating that all of that is planned and characters are, well, insane and sometimes they can be disgusting, but slowly, because of a reason I can't say because it'd be a BIG spoiler, they will change into normal people. BTW, I think it's right to call this and Utsuge or maybe, depending of how it develops, only Nakige.

In short, they are twisted and are made to be hatable. That's it.
Last edited by IxIoN on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is my World.
Look forward to my game.
Thinking

Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

#135 Post by Aka-kami »

Great to know that there's a new one in the staff.
Although admittedly I have nothing for her to do (since I'm such a selfish sprite artist *shot*). So Ixion, please give her some work to do 8D
See ya.