[Game project] - Iluminaire: Quest for higuer Heaven

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Otaku Dash
Veteran

#16 Post by Otaku Dash »

eclipse wrote:Glad you find them useful! If it helps bring someone that much closer to releasing a game, I'm happy I took the time to make them. In other words, there's one less excuse for someone not to release a game... ^_~
Otaku Dash wrote:Btw.... sometime ago you said you were seeking a freeware Icon making program? well I think I found one.. I'll post the details soon.
Really? Fantastic! Junichi also found a freeware Icon program but if you have another alternative - the more the merrier, I say. :D
Eclipse/Junishi -> Ok I found the site for the program.... the prob is... well erm... The program I have Is Freeware... it came with a computer magazine I have. The prob resides that they changed their policy on that program, so now the program is free.... but has a 10 day trial now.... :(

Sorry about that... got everyone fired up for nothing.... *bangs head against a wall* BAKA!! *starts bleading...but bangs head even faster and stronger* BAKKKAA!!! BAAAKKKAAAAA!! *fall on floor due to blood loss*

Iaman -> Really? That would be great! I've been working solo on this one, and I can't seem to find my Photoshop cd *points at turn over house* O_o

Once I'll get the pictures I'll PM you with details. Thanks again! :D
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#17 Post by mikey »

For simple icons (such as my games have ^_^), I don't shy away from using ye olde MS Paint, it's surprisingly non-fussy once you get the hang of it. Then, simply save the file as "ico" (of course don't just rename the extension).

Or you can simply shrink pictures to the desired size and save them as icons - This way you can create many icons from pictures without actually doing anything.

When all fails and you have to use a dedicated program like Microangelo - you're not breaking the rules if you install it and finish your icons within those 10 days ^_^. That's more than doable I'd say...

Iaman
Regular

#18 Post by Iaman »

Otaku Dash wrote: Iaman -> Really? That would be great! I've been working solo on this one, and I can't seem to find my Photoshop cd *points at turn over house* O_o

Once I'll get the pictures I'll PM you with details. Thanks again! :D
No problem... I don't have anything else to do, so I might as well help somebody!
I have no pants!

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#19 Post by Otaku Dash »

Thanks Again Iaman! Btw.. I've been searching for photo BG but I am unable to find a page that has pictures of my liking... and those I find are related to various artists (wich by lack of time, can't contact all of them).

Can anyone Indicate me a place were to find good photos for BG wich I can relate only to that site or a specific artist? :S AS an alternative I can create BG in Bryce (a 3d modeling program) but I'm not very satisfied with the results....(they look real but... well you know...). I think 3D graphics are better for 3D games only... it dosen't go to well with my idea for Iluminaire. I'll use that as a last resort for BG.....

In other news, I finally recieved the results for my exams... I was able to pass them all! :D I was worried that I would end up in an all "milkswim" situation :P but it ended all right. Evend though I don't have a solid grade for University, now I can concentrate my effords into Maths adn possibly have classes for improving my computer skills. It will be another year of efford but It will be worth it. :)
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

Iaman
Regular

#20 Post by Iaman »

Well, od, what kind of pictures do you want, because I might be able to help you with some simple things( i was in ireland last month, we've got a lot of nice landscape pictures, and some crowded city ones )... but i dunno.

Also, what size do you want the pictures to be when I do make them into BGs?
I have no pants!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#21 Post by mikey »

Yes, if you can specify what kinds you want, perhaps someone can donate some to you. If I have something, I'd upload it.

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

mikey wrote:For simple icons (such as my games have ^_^), I don't shy away from using ye olde MS Paint, it's surprisingly non-fussy once you get the hang of it. Then, simply save the file as "ico" (of course don't just rename the extension).
eeeeeehh?? AFAIR, MS paint can't save files as .ico files... In fact, I just checked, and it can't. Are there some versions that can? Because if MS Paint can save icon files, then no one needs to know about the program that I found...

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#23 Post by papillon »

Depending on your OS version/pack (I think), Windows is sometimes dumb enough to pretend that the renamed BMP is really an icon and display it that way. This creates constant confusion on the GM board, with some people insisting that Paint can make icons, some people insisting that it can't, and some complaining that it MAKES icons but then GM refuses to accept them. (Because they're not real icons, of course!)

Best to stick with an icon maker.

Me, I design them in my normal art program and then run a clipboard-to-icon converter. :) Very simple.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#24 Post by Otaku Dash »

Well I'm looking for 800*600 BG, mostly florest scenes.... but I'm also looking for some cave shots and a graveyard scene.... that is what I have planned for now.
Already got some set Endings made. I'm trying to get the materials so I can start programing with Ren'py.... mmm... I'm not sure... but I think I'll wait for Version 5.1 to come out.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#25 Post by PyTom »

Otaku Dash wrote:I can start programing with Ren'py.... mmm... I'm not sure... but I think I'll wait for Version 5.1 to come out.
If you stick to the basics of Ren'Py, there should be no changes between 5.0 and 5.1. (The basics are things like declaring characters and images, writing dialogue and menus, and showing and hiding images.) It's only when you get to sound and styles that there will be changes, and the styles changes really only involve adding new styles to the set.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#26 Post by Otaku Dash »

Hum... so the changes are only towards music and styles.... I'm actually using Ren'Py 5.0.1, and the Music I'm creating (that's right... I'm the music artist for my own game) will probably be set to Mp3 since it's the best compression method for Fruity Loops (the program I'm using).

I may be able to get a Ogg converting program to save on space.

Iaman
Regular

#27 Post by Iaman »

Well... I probably have some good graveyard shots from Ireland( we went to a LOT of graveyards there ) and I may be able to get one that could pass as a forest... but I'll have to look through them all. Anyways, I'll get back to you ASAP, and I hope you can find some good pictures for me to play around with!
I have no pants!

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#28 Post by Otaku Dash »

Well the graveyard shots must be kinda gloomy... since I'm gonna use them for an action scene.

Well Currently I'm studying the basics of Ren'Py and drawing the character sketches. It's going slow.... but I'm confidendt I'll make it. :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#29 Post by musical74 »

Just wondering, Okatu Dash...do you have a ballpark idea when this will be done? I know it'll be awhile still, just wondering how long I have to wait before being able to play it :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#30 Post by Otaku Dash »

MMmm.... well to trully answer your question Musical.... it's not going to be so soon... but the work is going smoothlly. I had some personal probs that I'm sorting out...... Iaman is helping me on the Backgrounds and MAYBE Admiral Styles will help help me on sorting out the history. :)

I'm trying to aim for IntRenAiMo... since this is just and Introduction it's not going to be a big production. Kinda like an episode 0.