From Your Zero [BxG] [Drama] [Mystery] [Romance]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
disqette
Discord: ci#3113

From Your Zero [BxG] [Drama] [Mystery] [Romance]

#1 Post by disqette »

A rising heat, a fading memory, and the thinning of fate's thread. Only at soul's end may we begin anew.

Summary
You play as 17-year-old Ren Maetoki, who is afflicted with a curse to burn people he touches. When he receives an ominous letter, his life is changed forever. Learning he only has one year left to live, and that the key to changing fate's course is to team up with a self-proclaimed serial killer to solve the mystery together.

About This Project
This is my very first visual novel. Originally, this story was a webtoon series, but the more I wrote, the more I realized that webtoon was the wrong format to tell this story. After playing a few VNs, I thought that perhaps my story would shine brighter in this medium. I've only been working on the VN for a week, and I'm already very happy with this decision. With the scenario outline and character designs already being complete, my goal is to have a playable demo within a year and a completed game within two.

Project Features
Though this game is still in early development stages, there are a few features planned.
  • Several routes, with only one romanceable character.
  • Bad ending, normal ending, and true ending.
  • 100k words at bare minimum, 300k goal.
  • More CGs than I can count on two hands, probably.
  • A cute dog.
Project Wishlist
These are things that I would like, but for various reasons I cannot promise them at this time.
  • Semi or full voice acting
  • Animated cutscenes
  • Original soundtrack
  • Multiple mini-games
Background Art

Development Team
  • Scenario, scripting, programming, sprites, CG, BG, UI: Me
  • When the demo is complete, I would like to do some crowdfunding to commission an OST and possibly CVs.
Game Screenshots
As of August 2022, not representative of a final product
For the time being, I am posting frequent development updates on TikTok, Instagram, and Patreon. All @disqette

This post will be updated as development proceeds as well o/ thank you
If you have any suggestions or questions, I would love to talk!