Rakugo, and other Traditional Japanese Tales

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Kaji
Regular
Github: Kaji01
Discord: Kaji#7767

Rakugo, and other Traditional Japanese Tales

#1 Post by Kaji »

Official game name is TBD—I stink at naming things. If I ever had a kid he'd best hope his mother names him, or he may end up as "Untitled Child", "Untitled Child 2", etc.

But seriously, back to the subject at hand! I love Rakugo stories, and have been working on translating scripts for years to try and make them accessible to a wider audience. Recently an artist friend agreed to team up with me to put together a demo and see if there's any interest in the project, and I've been working pretty hard at getting things built out in RenPy over the past month to see what we can work out. Finding a lot of awesome things we can do with it along the way!

We're not quite at the stage where I feel ready to launch a crowdfunding campaign for it yet, and this is my first time working on a project like this, so forgive me if perhaps I'm a bit premature in posting it here.

That being said, I've announced that we're going to be doing our first public demonstration of the current concept and Q&A with the artist and I on my Twitch channel this Saturday (12/17/22) at 5pm Eastern US time (UTC-5), if anyone is curious about the project. All are welcome to come by and have a look.

If anyone has helpful advice on what to do from here, I'm all ears.