[WIP] Yukionna [BxG] (Romance, Horror, Action)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Kyonko802
Regular
Projects: Yukionna

Re: [WIP] Yukionna (Looking for a BG artist)

#16 Post by Kyonko802 »

Good news everyone! *ahem*

I reached the 30,000 word mark a few minutes ago, this marks the second paranormal hunt that Yuki and Kyle have been on, one more to go, then crap hits the fan and the climax happens for her route. After Yuki's Good route is done I'm moving onto Rachel's route, and then Andrea's respectively.

And last, but most definately not least, is the aptly labeled "Cruel Route", the one where Kyle stays a bastard.

The Cruel route will probably be the most disturbing thing to write.

While this VN won't have any hentai in it, the cruel route has several callbacks to Nitro+'s Saya no Uta, an extremely disturbing game in it's own right.

Yuki, if not handled with care as she is in the good route, becomes an extremely dangerous individual.

It will not be a happy route.

Edit: Crap, totally forgot to mention.

I am STILL in search of a background artist. Yukionna will be free, but if you refuse to work pro bono I can pay you, as long as it's not some outlandish rate. You will be working very hard though, as this will be a very large visual novel.
Currently trying to regain my sanity.

Yukionna Project Thread

Mole-chan
Veteran
Completed: DUAEL, Escape from Puzzlegate
Projects: A Bird with Gold-Mended Wings
Deviantart: mole-chan
itch: moleworks

#17 Post by Mole-chan »

This looks amazingly interesting! c: The art is fantastic, as well.

XD Though now that you mention its size, it's a bit daunting. Ah well, I'm still eager to see the results, regardless of how long it will take to play! <3

Kyonko802
Regular

#18 Post by Kyonko802 »

It's more than daunting, it might as well be a full sized novel.

I won't go any greater than 200,000 though, I refuse to.

By the time I got done reading Clannad I was mentally exhausted, lol.

Yukionna Project Thread

Mole-chan
Veteran

#19 Post by Mole-chan »

Kyonko802 wrote:It's more than daunting, it might as well be a full sized novel.

I won't go any greater than 200,000 though, I refuse to.

By the time I got done reading Clannad I was mentally exhausted, lol.
XD I know how that iiis. I don't really go for the longer VN's, but some of the bigger ones do leave me a bit tired.

and holycrap. I just noticed you're from ND. O_o; XD Same here! Weird.

Kyonko802
Regular

#20 Post by Kyonko802 »

I'm also in the Air Force.

Not to brag or anything. >:3

Yukionna Project Thread

Mole-chan
Veteran

#21 Post by Mole-chan »

Kyonko802 wrote:I'm also in the Air Force.

Not to brag or anything. >:3
:D whoa, nice~

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#22 Post by VenusEclipse »

Plot sounds cool. You seem to be writing at a good pace. I really like the character designs, especially the headgear on Yuki.
*Will keep my eye on your project.

Kyonko802
Regular

#23 Post by Kyonko802 »

Doing some heavy editing.

Other than that not much, just thought I'd drop in and let you guys know I'm still alive. I've been really busy with base exercises lately, I haven't had time to do much, however, Rachel's route has started nicely, and Yuki's good route is almost completely finished.

Hopefully next time I drop in I can bring some delicious artwork with me.

Yukionna Project Thread

Kyonko802
Regular

#24 Post by Kyonko802 »

Hello again everyone.

Yuki's route is now 100% finished, and Rachel's route is making quick progress.

Sadly, my artist has dropped out of contact, supposedly she is busy, if that is the case then I will wait, if not, I'll find another.

Busy busy busy, thought I'd drop in and tell you I'm still going strong.

If there are any artists, characters, background, etc. that are interested in work, please contact me and we'll have a chat.

Ciao, have a good one.

Yukionna Project Thread

Kyonko802
Regular

Re: [WIP] Yukionna

#25 Post by Kyonko802 »

It seemed I had been caught up in the antics of a rather nasty individual. I don't care to name them, as they liked to spend most of their time making my life a living hell.

The month leading up to the incident had been especially bad. Poking and prodding at me until I couldn't take it anymore. All I wanted to do was sit at my computer and play video games, and I couldn't even do that.

"Kyle?"

I felt a pair of hands rest on my shoulders, but I still didn't tear my gaze from the computer screen. I was like a man possessed, my bed might as well have not even existed, much less the girl standing behind me.

I tried to stave her off by giving out a grunt of acknowledgement, but all I got for my troubles was a sore shoulder when she dug her knuckle into it.

"Ow... OW, CRAP!"

I turned my neck and gazed up.

What was looking down at me might as well have been a ferocious beast baring its fangs at me. What was supposed to be long black hair looked like the tendrils of a monster to my frightened vision. What were supposed to be blue eyes became portals through which I could see my death.

The next words she spoke were seething with venom.

"Don't you hate it when someone leaves something by the wayside Kyle?"

There was meaning behind the question, and only now, looking back on it, do I truly understand the mistake I made.

"Something extremely important." Her voice was smooth, but deadly. "I mean, I would hate it if something were to happen to you, should that abandoned thing gain enough insight to realize it had been betrayed."

My mouth went dry, and I felt that my doom was upon me.

"Unless you walk back and pick that thing up, I doubt you'll last much longer, consider it a friendly warning."

"Um... Yuki?"

"Yes?"

"Just another few hours."

My vision faded as my world was consumed with ice and cold.

The doctor says I left my window open, but I know the truth, and I am staying the hell away from that woman from now on.

------------

Hello and welcome to my carnival of madness!! My name is Kyonko, and I will be your host for this evening. If you could all turn your attention to the post I first made to start this thread, and then we can really get this party started.

So you see ladies and gentlemen, the slow process of an abandoned project.

The decline from what was once a heartfelt endeavor into a bitter and empty shell of what it should have been.

Fascinating yes?

Welcome back to the Yukionna development cycle dear reader.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

HUGE thanks to my new artist SweetDreams, who is absolutely phenomenal and all these awesome drawings of my characters are her handiwork.
Attachments
Draft of Alexis(Who used to be Andrea, but that can be read Andre)
Draft of Alexis(Who used to be Andrea, but that can be read Andre)
Rachel
Rachel
Yuki
Yuki

Yukionna Project Thread

Kyonko802
Regular

Re: [WIP] Yukionna BxG (Romance, Horror, Action)

#26 Post by Kyonko802 »

Music gathered. Still need all the sound effects though.

HERE, have a sample to make up for my ineptitude.

k=Kyle
mystery=...(Because Renpy doesn't like naming ... as a character.)

mystery"Don't be afraid."

"My eyes flutter."

mystery"It's alright you know, I've done this before."

"Something warm hits my face."

mystery"Anh <3"

"My eyes snap open and I almost stumble forward, barely catching myself in time. I look around and realize that I'm in my small room, sitting at my desk."

"The computer screen in front of me flashes with an indecent image. I must have left an eroge on auto read and fallen asleep."

"I let out a yawn."

Girl"So rough."

"I hit escape twice on the keyboard and the program closes. I close my eyes against the sun blaring through the window and try to get my bearings. I don't know how long I was out."

"It must have been a while, because my eyes are heavy and feel like they have crud in them."

"I stand from my desk, pinching the bridge of my nose and muttering a few choice words."

"The light illuminates everything in my room: the figurines on my desk, the bed I should have been sleeping on, my computer..."

"I check the time on my computer."

"One PM."

"There's a small sticky note on the corner of my computer that I had been ignoring for a few days."

"\"Kyle, Alexis called, please call her back. -Mom\""

"I decide to head downstairs and make myself something to eat, not even bothering to change or take a shower, my parents aren't home anyways."

"My dad's in the hospital, and my mom gave up on trying to get me to go to school. She was already working twelve hour shifts at the office."

"It doesn't surprise me that she stopped worrying about me, we're just dead weight to each other. I do my thing and she does hers, and whenever she tries to get me to do stuff it wastes our time."

"The living room is devoid of life and completely quiet."

"I find my solace here, turning on the TV and heading towards the small kitchen in the corner of the large room."

Newscaster"And it looks like this cold weather is going to continue well into next week Jane."

ww"That's right Tom, with the blizzard last week and the three inches of snow on top of that it's hard to see it letting up any time soon. Wear your parkas and drive safe."

Newscaster"Thank you Jane, now onto today's headline. Investigators are baffled as seemingly random items are disappearing from museums across the country..."

"Boring. I change the channel to an investigative documentery."

"I've watched so much crap on murder I could probably get away with it if I want to."

"I make myself a quick sandwich and lounge on the couch in front of the TV. A few hours pass and I don't hear the door open."

k"Working late again..."

"TV gets boring so I head back upstairs. Tomorrow is Saturday, so even if Mom is here to see me awake she can't whine about me skipping school."

"I decide to hop on my computer and finish the eroge I woke up to. It's not a very long one so I don't have much trouble with it."

"I become bored quickly afterwards, which doesn't surprise me at all. When this happens I kind of just stare off into space and think about pointless things."

"I don't bother to take my headphones off, instead I opt to start playing music, and it isn't long before the sun is set."

"This is more or less my daily routine. On a good day I'll play a few video games or read even more visual novels and eroge. However, my collection had seemingly run dry."

"On further inspection I had played and beaten everything that I own."

"And yet... there's no sense of accomplishment. It just kind of happened."

"The sun sets while I'm in this bored and strange state of mind."

"I'm not tired though. Staying up late has ruined my sleeping schedule... not that it matters much."

mystery"..."

"I barely hear it."

"Something on the edge of my ears."

"I take the earphones off and glance around my dark room, suddenly feeling a slight chill. I glance out the window and notice there's a blizzard."

k"Huh... no wonder it's so damn cold all of a sudden."

"I had been hearing the wind apparently, which is a relief."

mystery"...ree"

"Another chill goes down my spine, this one is stronger. I wrap my arms around myself and shiver, clenching my teeth together."

k"Who's there?"

"No answer..."

"I decide to head downstairs for some reason. It feels more like my feet are carrying me in a certain direction, not like I'm walking."

"I find myself at the front door, teeth chattering and barely able to stand the sudden chill. It feels like the heating is broke and every bit of cold air is making it past the cracks in the house."

"I glance at the coats and barely give it a thought before taking one and throwing my arms through the sleeves. I feel compelled to hurry for some reason."

"The door opens and the blast of cold air hits my face like I'm walking into a wind tunnel. Snow cascades into the living room of my house."

"I can feel the cold dig into my ears, my cheekbones, my eye sockets."

"It must be at least negetive twenty faranheit with the wind chill."

"I don't even throw my hood up before walking outside."

"I know it's stupid, but my feet continue to carry me. Every time I think about turning around and going back, I instead step forward, heading towards some unknown goal."

"I don't even think I'm going to die in this blizzard. For some reason my feet know where they're going, even if my mind doesn't."

mystery"...me free."

k"HELLO?!"

"I shout over the blizzard, hoping someone can hear me."

k"IS SOMEONE OUT HERE?!"

"Then I trip."

"My hands catch me before my face hits the snow, but I can already feel them going numb from being put on the ground. It's a painful, stinging sensation."

"I hiss and stumble back to a sitting position, bringing my hands to my mouth and breathing into them in an attempt to warm them."

k"Shit... that's cold."

"I can barely breathe it's so cold."

"I glance over my shoulder to see what I tripped over."

"It looks like a hub cap from a vehicle."

"When I stand back up I finally see it. The van wrapped around the pole, and various objects stumbling out the back of it."

"Among the pile of things I see urns, cloth artworks, jewelery, carvings, stuff that looks like it belongs in a museaum."

"Then I hear it... clearly this time."

mystery"Will you set me free?"

"My gaze zeroes in to the bottom of the pile. There is a small blue orb just on the surface of the snow. I walk to it and bend down to pick it up. I notice that it's not a blue orb when I pull on it."

"The rest of the object had been burried under the snow, and glancing at it now it's what seems to be an extremely exotic ear ring with a sapphire."

"I pocket the ear ring, walking around the van and glancing inside the driver's side door."

k"Is anybody there?"

"The windshield is shattered, with little glass remaining. I see a man slumped over the dash of the passanger side, a dark liquid leaking from his head."

"I panic and run back the way I came."

Yukionna Project Thread

Kyonko802
Regular

Re: [WIP] Yukionna BxG (Romance, Horror, Action)

#27 Post by Kyonko802 »

God it's been a hell of a week. Wrote some stuff on writing in the forums, got in trouble at work but it's nothing big. Got a lot of writing done and SweetDreams finished Alexis up.

j=James, Kyle's father
d=Deborah, Kyle's mom

"The first thing I notice upon entering the room is the EKG."

"Its constant beeping almost distracts me from the stern look my father is giving me now."

j"Kyle."

"He nods at me and then turns to Mom."

j"I'm glad you brought him Deb."

d"I'm glad he came."

k"Dad..."

"The word almost feels foreign to me, like I shouldn't be speaking it."

j"Your mom tells me you're going to school now. No need to be so stiff as long as you learned your lesson."

"For some reason I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders."

k"Right... I guess so."

j"Is that the young lady there?"

"Yuki steps forward and bows."

"She gives it a second before she's standing up straight again, and smiles at my father."

y"It's nice to meet you Mr. Grey."

"The atmosphere in the room almost does a one-eighty."

"My father's eyes narrow as he locks gazes with Yuki."

"Yuki doesn't blink, and she barely feigns breathing. It feels like one of those showdowns in a western flick."

"For some reason I'm finding it harder to breathe. I look over at Mom and I can tell she seems a bit nervous all of a sudden, fidgeting around with her hands and looking between my father and Yuki."

"I can't say anything, because I'm afraid if I do something bad is going to happen."

"Really bad."

j"Did you happen to look at this young lady's eyes Deb?"

d"...Yes."

"Yuki does indeed have unusual eyes, but nobody would get so tense over something so trivial. People who saw her would just assume she was wearing contacts or something."

k"They're contacts."

"I blurt it out without thinking."

"I don't expect it when my father glares at me."

j"You're a terrible liar boy."

k"Wha..."

j"Get that thing outta my sight."

y"I wanted to talk to you Mr. Grey."

j"Call me James."

y"I see, my name is Yuki."

j"A youkai with a name..."

y"Your son gave it to me."

"What the fuck is going on?"

d"Honey I... maybe you should hear them out."

j"How long has she been around Deb?"

d"About a week now..."

j"Hrmph, I'm surprised you didn't do anything yourself."

d"So you don't want to follow your rules anymore?"

j"I didn't say that, but this is different. Kyle's involved."

y"He chose to be involved."

"Again my father's glare turns towards me."

"I want to speak up, I want to ask them what's happening, but for some reason I can't find the words. It feels like I'm six again, and got caught stealing food from the pantry or something."

j"Remember when I took you out to the shooting range Kyle?"

k"... Yeah. Then you got in a wreck."

j"It wasn't a wreck that put me here."

k"What are you talking about?"

j"What put me here was something much like that girl standing next to you right now. I took you to shoot to get you ready."

k"Ready? For what?"

j"For doing my job, hunting."
Attachments
Alexis
Alexis

Yukionna Project Thread

Kyonko802
Regular

Re: [WIP] Yukionna [BxG] (Romance, Horror, Action)

#28 Post by Kyonko802 »

I'm okay!!

Not that anyone cares. :(

Life got kind of flipped upside down, and I'm back on track now.

But seriously, have some art.
Attachments
Kyle's Mom
Kyle's Mom
Alexis Improved
Alexis Improved

Yukionna Project Thread

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

Re: [WIP] Yukionna [BxG] (Romance, Horror, Action)

#29 Post by netravelr »

Looking great! Can't wait to see more about the game. :-)
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash