"Kanji-Panic!" Offictal Thread {NOW HIRING!}

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#16 Post by PyTom »

mikey wrote:The question is how "support" would look like for microprojects. It's something I have no ideas for at this moment. :( Maybe somehow raise the prestige, someone (I'm not implying renai.us, nor am I thinking about me ^_^, although a place in the encyclopedia I maintain is basically certain with any project like this..) could make a website or similar.
I don't think renai.us is out of the question for this, especially when I rewrite the back-end to support categories. (After 5.1 is out.)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#17 Post by mikey »

PyTom wrote:I don't think renai.us is out of the question for this, especially when I rewrite the back-end to support categories. (After 5.1 is out.)
I just didn't want to imply that everything must go through renai.us. But it would certainly be nice - the question (for a different topic maybe) is how that would affect the archive status (which I like - no fuss, just downloads). I found that whenever a site gets more dynamic, there's just so much more work around it - and often leads to closure.

bookie
Veteran

#18 Post by bookie »

As someone concentrating in Japanese in College, WHOA is that a hard task you've got set up for you. I don't doubt that it's possible, but I would say anything beyond using the basic hiragana alphebet and limiting things to words and very common phrases (please thank you) is enough to consume a lot of time and effort.

I think this would make an excellent study project if it were possible, but just thinking of the sort of logic it would entail makes my elementary programer head spin. If you need help with the language (and haven't run away yet) you can PM me. Good luck.