Yesoidos [WIP; Kabbalah, Jewish, psychological]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Musashi
Regular
Projects: Yesoidos

Betcha you've never seen this before....

#46 Post by Musashi »

A new alpha is out, v0.4a9. You can download it at http://yesoidos.sf.net/download

But, perhaps more importantly....
Jewish anime!!!!

This is my first attempt at doing anime. I guess things will only get better from here on out!

## Oct. 5:
After looking at some videos of people coloring and shading anime, I decided that while Inkscape is great for line art, I really need to learn Photoshop or Gimp if I want to take things to the next level. I already have a tablet, so I'll need to get back to practicing that.

Also, I have this idea that I might put in a Genesis sequence in the beginning, where the Biblical and Kabbalistic description of creation is depicted. That would require some epic-scale music, like Holst's the Planets or something, so I checked the score out from the library so I could follow along.

But, right in the middle of Jupiter, when the most beautiful string choir melody begins... I lost my place. What? I looked back and rewound the CD a few seconds. Again, I lost my place... Gyaaaaah! Someone ripped it out of the score! Unconscionable! Heresy! Aaaaaaargh!

Oh, well. It's probably hanging, framed in an office somewhere. It really is a beautiful section. I can see why he took it. But - ngggh!

So, moving along...

## Oct. 9:
Working on my drawing and shading the characters, focusing on Binyomin for now. Here's a pencil sketch on Binyomin ~12yrs old:

-- Oops. The neck muscle is on the wrong side...

## Oct. 10:
Another sketch, this time with Binyomin ~7yrs old:

Musashi
Regular

Story outline (spoiler!)

#47 Post by Musashi »

Story outline and spoiler! Yay!

Up until now, I have only had a very rough outline, which is helpful, but not detailed enough to write my story quickly.

I am now working on medium-detail story outline. Here is an excerpt:

First spoiler!
...Drunk on his power, Pinchas rebels against G‑d using black magic and demonology. He goes on to gather an army of sorcerers, necromancers and the like in order to secure his magical powers over the physical world and get independence from G‑d.

However, Pinchas does all of this in secret.

As part of his plan, Pinchas has one of his followers start the Movement of Atheist Activists, whose mission is ostensibly to weaken and stop any religious groups from pursuing their agenda. Unbeknownst to the members, Pinchas manipulates their actions behind the scenes to provide energy for black magic. Rumors of strange, violent beasts from the wilderness begin to appear, followed by others of mysterious freak accidents, deaths, men cloaked in black, and a new order called the "Legion of Darkness."

Then, Pinchas makes a mistake. In the middle of trying to enslave an angel, he mispronounces a mystical formula, killing his assistants around him and putting him into a coma. When witnesses arrive and call the ambulance and police, they discover the bodies of his assistants in the signature black cloaks of the Legion, surrounded by flasks of congealed human blood and mystical diagrams.

Upon hearing that his childhood friend is in the hospital, Binyomin immediately goes to see Pinchas, who is still in a coma. Binyomin is still unaware of how deeply Pinchas has descended, and after reviving him, Binyomin tries to find out what happened. At first, Pinchas lies to Binyomin, but Binyomin sees through the deception. Seeing how far Binyomin has advanced in his knowledge of the spirits, Pinchas compliments Binyomin, and tries to recruit Binyomin into the Legion.

Binyomin refuses. His cover blown, Pinchas escapes from the hospital shortly afterwards. (Since the MAA has not been linked to Pinchas yet, it continues its activities unabated. Making cover organizations becomes a core part of Pinchas' strategy.)

Learning that Pinchas organized the Legion of Darkness throws Binyomin into depression, causing him to embark on a self-imposed exile. After finding his strength again, Binyomin intensively studies Kabbalah in order to fight against Pinchas. In doing so, he gathers a following of his own. The group dubs itself the "Defenders of Light."

There follows a period of war between the Defenders of Light and the Legion of Darkness. Pinchas' army perpetrates all sorts of crimes against humanity in order to draw holy energies into evil, while Binyomin's forces bolster the hopes of the innocent, teaching them how to fight the darkness. Demons summoned by the Legion of Darkness walk the earth, destroying and murdering as they march. In response, the Defenders of Light form a troop of golems to rebuild the ruins and counter-attack the Legion's forces while defending the populace. Nations around the world ally themselves with the two groups, launching a multi-national war.

In the final conflicts, Binyomin defeats Pinchas one-on-one. However, Binyomin refuses to kill him, and shows how Pinchas made a critical mistake in the logic that led him down his dark path. Realizing the magnitude of his error, Pinchas gives up hope that he, or the world, could ever return to the light, but Binyomin tells him otherwise: "The greatest Light is the Light that comes from Darkness itself." At this, Pinchas rejoins Binyomin on the side of holiness, and orders the Legion of Darkness to surrender. Although there is a fierce struggle with the remnants of the Legion of Darkness, it is eventually subdued....
(Work in progress)

Musashi
Regular

Re: Yesoidos [WIP; Kabbalah, Jewish, psychological]

#48 Post by Musashi »

The Yesoidos sources have moved to GitHub: https://github.com/chaimleib/yesoidos
(Work in progress)