[WIP] 白夢現象 Hakumu-Genshou (in progress)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
saskuto
Regular

Re: [WIP] Hakumu-Genshou (English title pending; recruiting)

#31 Post by saskuto »

Are you still recruiting for this? I could code this in renpy seeing as it doesn't seem too complicated and I also dabble with music if ur still looking for a composer. I'll try and get some of my melodies up on newgrounds today :)

Kyosuko
Projects: Red Thread(GXB)

#32 Post by Kyosuko »

waa~ looks interesting and the art is just so-----綺麗~pretty!
um.... good luck and look forward to this game!!! fight! desu~

ja ne~

IceD
Veteran

#33 Post by IceD »

I'm dumbfounded not knowing about this... :? But I bet I've seen your DA account.

Looks like a professional work. Really wonderful art. I'm not that much into otome games (which is obvious :) ), but I'll be keeping an eye on this project from now on, and If you'll need any help, I can always hand a helping hand. Good luck!

We need more quality stuff like this!

blizz
Projects: Hakumu-Genshou

#34 Post by blizz »

General updates

Hey all, this is an overall heads up that, while I am trying to work on this, it's probably going to take a while due to how hectic my schedule is. Sorry for the delayed replies. ^^;

I'm also thinking of making a separate, much shorter game that will (definitely) be free as a debut instead of this larger project. I'll post a thread on this when I've the time and more concepts down. ^^

On recruitment

I've also received many offers to help, and I really appreciate it!

General help with storyline/plot: I think I'll post some prompts on this thread and ask for some input. I probably won't be able use all the ideas (haha impossible), but I'll put you under "special thanks" or something if I use a part of your idea. ^__^

Programming: So, according to Rei (forgot your username here, sorry! ^^; ), programming shouldn't be too hard... At the same time, I'd prefer to divide labor.

Game interface designer: I realize I put this under "programming," but it's probably an entirely separate process. xD I'll be entirely honest here--I hate doing this and cannot do it very well. Photoshop is usable only on campus (school version T_T ) and GIMP is so slow. As far as I know, these are the only programs I have that make things semi-transparent.
I'd still love someone to help me out with the message box design, title screen layout, and layouts in general. (I still don't know how to make the message box semi-opaque and it's driving me nuts!! lol, hence my desire for someone with actual Ren'Py programming experience.)

Music composer: I've gotten a few offers, and I'm really thankful for them! If you haven't already, I'd really appreciate it if you could post some sample music. I'm trying to find a style that fits the game/storyline as a whole, so it'd be good to have a few styles to compare. ^^ (Also, if I don't end up recruiting you, it doesn't mean I don't like your music! I'll contact you later if I think your style would fit another WIP game. :D)

--
cheshire-sensei wrote:BLIZZ!!! You're here too? >w<
I'm willing to help too, if you need me.
Actually, I know an awesome professional composer. I could ask him if you want.
Oh, just so you know, it's me, "Tatsubana-R" xD
Oh, hey there!! Yesyes, I'd :D Sure, if you have the time, please do ask him and with samples if possible~ I've gotten a few offers for music, but I want to choose the one whose music fits best mood- and style-wise with this particular game. >w< <3
Turnip wrote:Sorry about the delay!
Here are two MIDI files:
http://www.hamienet.com/midi32564_01.html
http://www.hamienet.com/midi32565_02.html
I don't know if these would be the kind of thing you're looking for? They're kind of "unpolished", but that could be changed.
Pretty~! :D I'll definitely keep you in mind, thanks!
saskuto wrote:Are you still recruiting for this? I could code this in renpy seeing as it doesn't seem too complicated and I also dabble with music if ur still looking for a composer. I'll try and get some of my melodies up on newgrounds today :)
Please see the above~! :D And yes, I'd appreciate it if I could hear some sample music! <3
Kyosuko wrote:waa~ looks interesting and the art is just so-----綺麗~pretty!
um.... good luck and look forward to this game!!! fight! desu~

ja ne~
Thanks! ^^
IceD wrote:I'm dumbfounded not knowing about this... :? But I bet I've seen your DA account.

Looks like a professional work. Really wonderful art. I'm not that much into otome games (which is obvious :) ), but I'll be keeping an eye on this project from now on, and If you'll need any help, I can always hand a helping hand. Good luck!

We need more quality stuff like this!
Thank you! ^^

Nanashiko
Regular

#36 Post by Nanashiko »

This looks like it will be pretty cool when it is completed I look forward to playing it. Good luck!

Nessiah
Regular
Completed: Valthirian Arc
Projects: DollMaker

#37 Post by Nessiah »

That looks so adorable, Ill be stalking from the shadows <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

skyking

#38 Post by skyking »

wow you have amazing art. how is art like this created. is this really hand drawn or is there some kind of program involved.

alberte
Veteran
Tumblr: klaruga
Deviantart: Klaruga

#39 Post by alberte »

Do you mind if you pm me some of your lineart? owo

you're coloring is very pretty btw >W<

'A ' ..

blizz

Re: [WIP] 白夢現象 Hakumu-Genshou(English title pending; recruit

#40 Post by blizz »

Progress!!
This is the first CG of the game. Yuuko is lost in her wonderful white world of nothingness. :D

I'm still fiddling with the game interface, so any suggestions are appreciated... I think I suck at this kind of designing. ><; I'll definitely change the menu buttons because they're too obscenely large, lol. And move the "close" button elsewhere... maybe I'll also add in-game date/time up top? I dunno~ haha.

Also, if anyone knows how to make a screen showing the characters' affection (hahaha you're supposed to click the bubbly thing at the right-hand corner to get to it), please tell me!! Thanks! ^___^ In the meantime I'll just mess with the settings... as usual... TT uTT

Here's a new promo image as well. Larger version on dA.

Sorry for the late reply! I really like your music! >w< Thanks for offering; I'll send you a PM if I decide I want to ask you to compose some music for this game. ^__^
Nanashiko wrote:This looks like it will be pretty cool when it is completed I look forward to playing it. Good luck!
Thank you! ^^
Nessiah wrote:That looks so adorable, Ill be stalking from the shadows <3
Thank you~! >w<
skyking wrote:wow you have amazing art. how is art like this created. is this really hand drawn or is there some kind of program involved.
I draw on SAI. ^^
alberte wrote:Do you mind if you pm me some of your lineart? owo

you're coloring is very pretty btw >W<

'A ' ..
Thank you~ ^^
And I'm really sorry, but I don't distribute lineart.. ><;

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#41 Post by azureXtwilight »

Aah! It looks so beautiful! I envy you! Btw, I wonder when you will show us your demo?

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#42 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Haha, I remember watching you make the promo on livestream :D

>D You have to finish a demo at least before the end of summer (before I go off into university XD)
deviantART
---------------------

blizz

#43 Post by blizz »

Whooo I am actually semi-diligently working on the script!! PROGRESS! (Drat, I'll have to translate this into English afterwards... aughh too lazy~~ xD; )

azureXtwilight wrote:Aah! It looks so beautiful! I envy you! Btw, I wonder when you will show us your demo?
Thanks! >w< Haha I hope to have it out sometime during the summer if possible. :) Though... no guarantees because I'll be interning in Japan. >>;
lepapillonrouge wrote:Haha, I remember watching you make the promo on livestream :D

>D You have to finish a demo at least before the end of summer (before I go off into university XD)
lol, thanks for watching! ^^ Haha, I'll definitely try~! xD

blizz

#44 Post by blizz »

More progress~ in the visual department, at least. Got 3 CGs done for this game.

Still recruiting, by the way. (see first post)

Kyosuko
Projects: Red Thread(GXB)

#45 Post by Kyosuko »

Woah! Those CGs are soo nice(makes me want to play it now!)

I would have love to help with translating this but I'm not really a professional in reading japanese, though I can speak it. ("^_^)a