Untitled GxB game

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Untitled GxB game

#46 Post by Aleema »

IonicMomo wrote:I see. It kind of suggests that the heroine identifies with her job, but of course her direct employer is not in the image at all. Part of the game is about the protagonist building her own self-esteem and identifying herself as something more than just a maid, a job that seems to have consumed her life. I will think about what you said. I could just stick the cast of (main) characters on the main page. (Or at least both the "winnable" guys.)
Hmm. I don't think you HAVE to have "The Lady" on the title screen if the title was indeed "The Lady's Maid". I think the split-second of confusion of "Hey, that's not The Lady she's kissing!" stems from the word "the". Like, the Lady is a really important character, like she abuses the Maid or something. If it were "A Lady's Maid", then, for some reason, nothing bothers me. Probably because the former title introduces two characters, instead of just her. Interesting how the language works! :3

But some sort of collage of the two gentlemen would be sweet. <3
IonicMomo wrote::O That would be awesome! I would be completely in your debt! I'm no good at designing this sort of thing, and I definitely don't have the programming skills to change anything. *dies of n00bness* I will PM you later today.
Abso-freakin'-lutely. Designing a game interface is my favorite part. I literally couldn't work on any of my 3 games before they looked at least considerably different from Ren'Py's default. Silly me.

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#47 Post by unknown5 »

gogo nike of samothrace! lookin forward to your game! =)
information wants to be free, yo.

IonicMomo
Regular
Completed: Mail Order Bride
Projects: Untitled GxB game

#48 Post by IonicMomo »

I have duly noted what you guys have said. ;)
I'll get cracking on a new main menu image ASAP, as soon as my inspiration well refills...and I finish school.
unknown5 wrote:gogo nike of samothrace! lookin forward to your game! =)
Thank you for your interest! I've never been to the Louvre to see her personally (so it's a stolen image...shh) but I love visiting art museums and staring at beautiful things. (Or less beautiful things; I'm also a huge fan of modern art.) I was recently feeling inspired by a visit to the DIA (Detroit Institute of Arts), so I might make a one-day game based on it. ;)

Well, I hate to bump this thing up, but I wanted to share a new character I've been working on (and the last planned one, aside from two more service staff and Lucy's parents, who will be minor characters at any rate).

So...this is Dorian, a less-than-subtle reference to Dorian Gray, who was part of his inspiration (in appearance, not personality). Technically, he's Emma's suitor, but really he's just some guy who always hangs around their house, eats free food, and is basically like the family dog...er, basically like a member of the family. He's more like a brother/best friend to Emma than someone she is seriously romantically interested in, but I think she harbors feelings for him somewhere deep down; he definitely does for her...Well, part of me just wanted to create a pretty boy with fashion sense that could pull off flamboyant outfits, so here he is. He's probably the most fashion-forward character in the game. :) He may be an implied bisexual, but that's not really significant to the plot. As for his relationship to you (the player), I see him developing as a brother figure that occasionally dispenses fortune cookie advice...his riddles take some figuring out, though. But he cares for your well-being, and knows that Emma does too, even if she won't say it. (He knows Emma better than anyone, is a laid-back guy, and really balances out her type-A personality; I think they're an ideal couple in that way, although they don't realize it.) He may also be the biggest supporter of a relationship between you and Fred. He's of the nobility, but very poor, and lives well beyond his means. Daddy Tarleton approves of Dorian's pure blood, but disapproves of everything else, including his socially liberal values. I think he's going to be a fun character to work with.
Attachments
Why does he have two left hands? Good question. It's called laziness and copy + paste. Don't worry; it'll be fixed, among other things.
Why does he have two left hands? Good question. It's called laziness and copy + paste. Don't worry; it'll be fixed, among other things.
Current Project: Untitled GxB Game, Untitled NaNoRenO 2011
Completed Projects: Mail Order Bride

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#49 Post by azureXtwilight »

Aww, is he obtainable? If yes, then I'll squeal! ^_^

hikaouji

#50 Post by hikaouji »

I agree with the above post, I like Dorian too... ummm, he is a ....Casanova???

IonicMomo
Regular

#51 Post by IonicMomo »

azureXtwilight wrote:Aww, is he obtainable? If yes, then I'll squeal! ^_^
Sorry, to disappoint, but I don't think so. As far as I see his character going, he only has eyes for Emma. (Also because I don't want to add a third obtainable guy quite yet...maybe eventually, if I manage to get everything else done.)
hikaouji wrote:I agree with the above post, I like Dorian too... ummm, he is a ....Casanova???
He does have that kind of history, with both men and women, but he's more or less settled down now (although Emma's father still sees him as some kind of libertine). That's not to say he doesn't make the occasional perverted joke. ;)

Hm...maybe I can modify his personality a little bit, later on, and see if I can make him an obtainable character; I don't quite want to negate the possibility just yet. It's just that, I don't anticipate every male in the game (aside from the dads) being winnable. Some, including one more guy I'm planning, have other romantic interests. (But they can still be your friends! And in the case of Dorian, he will probably still flirt with you and say shocking things that are not acceptable in polite Victorian-Edwardian society!) I'm hoping that his and Emma's story will add another dimension to the game.

But I'm glad you guys like him. :D

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#52 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

Very nice project and the setting is really interesting, if there's a gray or black-white-buff floating thing with big guns and thick sides I surely have already DL' it ;) (I'm a Naval Historian, with also a penchant for the pre-dreadnought era...)

Now, on a pair of little comment, in Victorian/Edwardian (and George V's) days eyeglasses's fashion was rather limited to relatively small & round glass, but you say that there's will be not few liberties in fashion &c. :) and OTOH, I guess that a dress with bare shoulder is a really huge no-no in the actual Victorian/Edwardian days (aside that I suspect that the good ol' gaudy Edward VII, whose was the Arbiter Elegantiarum of his times, will have welcomed this novel fashion..)

So, I'll wait for the releases, both of a playing demo & full game :)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#53 Post by azureXtwilight »

Oh is that so? But it would be nice to add a 3rd guy, unless you plan to make each rute long enough. By the way, will you release a demo?

IonicMomo
Regular

#54 Post by IonicMomo »

azureXtwilight wrote:Oh is that so? But it would be nice to add a 3rd guy, unless you plan to make each rute long enough. By the way, will you release a demo?
Yes, I've been toying with the idea of adding a third guy, but I would probably him in after I get most of the story written for the two other guys. I don't want to make any promises yet, because if I were to add a third guy, I would have to make his story interesting and unique as well...although I already have some ideas. ;)

I do intend to release demo at some point, hopefully by the end of the month because I start working full time from the first week of June until school starts again. Damn tuition!

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#55 Post by cloudyssky »

It looks like this will be a fun game to play. Wonderful art and concepts. Cant wait for the release
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#56 Post by Aleema »

Momo, where did you go? ;_; Stupid internship.

IonicMomo
Regular

#57 Post by IonicMomo »

Great timing. :)
I live! I'm slacking off in an internet cafe at the moment (well, for the next ten minutes). xD

Fortunately, since I have no internet in my apartment, and no transportation, and no library...I've had some time to continue working on this game (since all my computer is good for is Microsoft Word and solitaire). :D Unfortunately, since I have no internet, I've been unable to post updates here. :(

I'm working at a slower pace (10 hour work days :/), but I still hope to have the demo done by mid-July, possible sooner...but god only knows when I'll be able to upload it to the web. Sob.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#58 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Oh man, that's great! That's when I want my demo to be done too ...
Wait. Maybe I should hold off on that. XD -has a feeling this game will take some people away from hers-

Professor Layton 2 has killed all blonde guys for me. Forever. -_- Seriously, it just occurred to me that Dorian is about the third guy so far that looks like Anton in the WIP threads. And out of all of them, Dorian looks like him the most! XD

Ugh, well, he sure doesn't act like him, at least. ...it'd be cool if you made him obtainable, but I'm sure you have your reasons if you don't. :D
deviantART
---------------------

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#59 Post by azureXtwilight »

IonicMomo wrote:Great timing. :)
I live! I'm slacking off in an internet cafe at the moment (well, for the next ten minutes). xD

Fortunately, since I have no internet in my apartment, and no transportation, and no library...I've had some time to continue working on this game (since all my computer is good for is Microsoft Word and solitaire). :D Unfortunately, since I have no internet, I've been unable to post updates here. :(

I'm working at a slower pace (10 hour work days :/), but I still hope to have the demo done by mid-July, possible sooner...but god only knows when I'll be able to upload it to the web. Sob.
Ahh, cool!
I'm really looking forward to your demo!

Sheru-chan
Regular

#60 Post by Sheru-chan »

@lepapillonrouge:
Can you tell me what name is your syndrome is? I might as well put it in my vocab in case of emergency.lol

-------------

Well, I better stalk this one since I'm a big fan of anything medieval...X3
Currently working on:
Lock On! ~Sins and Atonement~ in hiatus
GXB game.
---------------------------------------
Imouto Complex is active.