[NaNoRenO 2010] Abraxas Battle Demo

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Jake
Support Hero

[NaNoRenO 2010] Abraxas Battle Demo

#1 Post by Jake »

So, yeah. Trying to work out what I was doing wrong with regard to some things I eventually concluded were probably Ren'Py bugs, which I'll write a thread summarising soon, (and the previous question I had) and eventually giving up on each count and spending even more time on a workaround has basically cost me so much time that there's no chance I'll be able to finish my NaNo project before the end of March. I was already down a lot of time thanks to various family commitments, crunch-time at work and so on, and I fly out of the country on holiday tomorrow morning, but I'm pretty sure I'd have been able to get my project done if it wasn't for about three days worth of spare time being killed debugging things instead of drawing. I have the script all written and about 80% of the graphics ready, but there's no chance I'll finish the remainder in the -5hours I have spare before the end of the month. So it'll have to wait 'til after I get back from holiday and have a chance to finish everything.

In the meantime, since I did eventually manage to work around all the problems I had and get the battle system working, have a demonstration of that. I'm happy to release the source code once I've cleaned it all up and generalised it a bit, but for the moment it has some hacky workarounds and some last-days-of-NaNo special-casing that I'd like to get rid of.

It has a cool logo, though!

Abraxas Battle Demo 1.0 [all platforms; 15MB]

(Posting in WiP 'cause while this is 'finished', it's also not really the whole project, there's going to be more later.)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

electric
Regular

Re: [NaNoRenO 2010] Abraxas Battle Demo

#2 Post by electric »

I'm gonna test this once I'm home, the screencap is sweet, those life bars near the characters are just plain awesome, and I'm curious what kind of battle system you went for, I guess it's turned based ? And is that a fog of war ? Ah can't wait to try it out !