[WIP] The Duke's Daughter

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
number473
Regular
Projects: The Duke's Daughter

Re: [WIP] The Duke's Daughter

#16 Post by number473 »

I don't know if that's "well into the script," because I'm still right at the beginning ^^;
I didn't think it has progressed enough to warrant an update. What I can say is that things are coming together, and the characters are starting to form nicely.
Mental weather report: Cloudy with a possibility of brain storms.

IanaBri
Regular

#17 Post by IanaBri »

Hey, Is this project still going strong or making any progress? Seemed so good...

number473
Regular

#18 Post by number473 »

It's not canceled right now, but I've been away and there has been a bit of a change to the team. I will be resuming work on the script soon, though. So I would say that it is still going but there is no set date of completion at the moment.

Progress-wise, the script is somewhere between one third and half done (I guess) and the sprites are in the design stage. There should be some more news in the future, but I don't want to promise any set dates right now.

And thank you for your interest!

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#19 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dstarsboy
Veteran

#20 Post by dstarsboy »

What's "The Baron"?

About this project, there was some severe timing conflicts between all three of us (artist, programmer, writer) and it was eventually canceled, it could be revitalized at a later date though.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#21 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Well nuts... I was hoping this one would go the distance.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#22 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

number473
Regular

#23 Post by number473 »

Well, although there has been no progress on this project in the last two months or so, it isn't technically cancelled at the moment. The artist and I plan to see it through to completion. As I said before, though, there is no set schedule that we're working to right now, i.e. it'll be done when it's done.

The information is a bit out of date too, there's about 11 000 words done right now - it's turning out to be longer than I first planned it to be. Anyway, I doubt I'll update here, but I do sometimes post progress on my blog (it's on the planet).

number473
Regular

#24 Post by number473 »

It's been rather long since I updated here... it may be indicative of the fact that I need to hire someone to hold a gun to my head and force me to work ^^;

Well, I can now say that I have completed the script (except for proofreading) and it didn't come out quite how I thought it would, but I am very happy with how it did turn out. The word count is just over 30 000, which is more than I originally intended (it was supposed to be a quick project). I don't know if I would still call it a dating sim since it has just regular vn gameplay. There is at least one romancable character, I can't say more than that without giving anything away. There are what I think are a lot of interesting characters. Hmmm, that's about what I have to say for now.

I should be able to post some art shortly.

Arcanum
Veteran

#25 Post by Arcanum »

I'm glad this was bumped up, I really liked everything I've seen! The concept is overall very interesting, and the interface is lovely <- sucker for pretty graphics. Could you give a preview on those characters? My curiosity is not satiated *g*'

SerenaLolipop
Regular
Projects: Snow White Otome

#26 Post by SerenaLolipop »

Love the idea, can't wait for it to come out!!!! :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rainbows make the world go round... Or was it that rainbows go around the world?

Jewels are Expensive. But Friendship is Priceless.

I was going to take over this website but then I got distracted by Gakuen Alice.

Ran is in the middle of her own otome game right now, Snow White!
-------------------------------Ciaossu!------------------------------------------------