RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
sheetcakeghost
Veteran

Re: RockRobin - GxB (w/Demo) - Character Contest!!

#181 Post by sheetcakeghost »

You could chip in the five I'm sure. Auburn is a fantastic hair color too. When I dye mine it tends to be black though as my hair is already a rather dark brown.

Alphonse
Regular

#182 Post by Alphonse »

Everybody, ganbatte! I'm really interested in what kind of characters will result from this contest. As for me, character creation...is not one of my talents. Even if I managed to come up with a nice design, I can't write characters at all. [fail]

sporkysan
Regular

#183 Post by sporkysan »

Oh man! I played the demo a while ago and I totally fell in love with it. I got so distracted replaying I didn't get around to making an account and posting a comment.

I love all the colors and graphics. It makes it look very professional. And the writing is just perfect for the mood. Even though Robin seems like such a terrible person, it is fun to have a protagonist with a strong personality. Plus she really drives the plot by herself. It gives it good momentum.

My favorite band member so far is Dallas. I want to know more about his past with Robin. Not that I don't like Emmitt or Beau.

Oh and I must make a character for the contest. Maybe someone with a soft mohawk and a love of dyed hair.

I know you mentioned somewhere that you want to keep this game free, but is there any way we can help you financially? I would be willing to donate some cash to the project if it will generate some more sprites. The demo felt a bit incomplete with some of the sprite placeholders.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#184 Post by Aleema »

@Starling: You gave a good reason for her change. I still would love to see her with pockets everywhere. lol. Like, they buy her new clothes, and then she "ruins" them with the pockets. xD And yes, it is ironic how it worked out, because I know what you mean. I normally avoid blond characters, because, frankly, I'm not attracted to them. >_> But Dallas is my special exception. :D

@Alphonse: Aw, I hate to see you bash your skills, but I think I know what you mean. >_> I really need a head start when it comes to characters. Thus, the contest. Thanks for your continuing support!!

@sporkysan: Thank you so much for playing the demo! And of course, for liking it! hehe. I'm working on the game right now ... writing Emmitt's path. :3

Robin IS a terrible person! Haha. I remember writing the opening scene going, "Wow, I didn't think she'd turn out to be such a betch, but ... I can't stop!" I think it was, like you said, it gives her momentum and a strong personality. Plus, there's no context for her in the demo. We don't know anything about her backstory yet. ;) Hopefully, through the game, players will notice a change. I don't plan on reversing her personality 180 degrees, though. That's not realistic, and isn't fair to Robin. Yes, I'm giving my characters rights. =P
Oh and I must make a character for the contest. Maybe someone with a soft mohawk and a love of dyed hair.
>___< I love mohawks. They totally give me a lady boner.
I know you mentioned somewhere that you want to keep this game free, but is there any way we can help you financially? I would be willing to donate some cash to the project if it will generate some more sprites. The demo felt a bit incomplete with some of the sprite placeholders.
I'm not going to pretend I didn't just *squee* at the thought of having more sprites. I would love to have them for Joel, Natasha, Marcus, etc. But, financially, they aren't an option. :( I really wish I was a decent artist, otherwise I could just whip all this crap up myself and hand it out in little goodie bags for everyone. Alas, money makes the world go around.

Character sprites cost a reasonable $5 each. Any donators will totally get any expansion packs I make for free, of course. Just put your forum name in the comment box, I guess.

GOD I FEEL SO DIRTY asking for money. >_>

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#185 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Aleema wrote:I still would love to see her with pockets everywhere. lol. Like, they buy her new clothes, and then she "ruins" them with the pockets.
Starling you come up with some of the most darling characters! I was sort of hoping I wouldn't have such good competition.

Well at least you'll have plenty of good ones to pick from, Aleema!

And you can't have dyed hair, Sporkina! It would be impossible as Faust would buy all of it despite the fact he makes just enough money to eat and pay rent on his fancy six room apartment. (That is a joke in case you can't tell. I have a terrible time gauging if my sarcasm is noticeable when the sun starts to leak through my blinds in a vain attempt to slap me around.)

Heeey, I just thought of something. Sure only one person can have a romance with Robin, but could they have romances with each other? Perhaps with a little of Robin's prodding. OH! COMBO BONUSES FOR LURVE!

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#186 Post by Aleema »

serenity-blue wrote:Heeey, I just thought of something. Sure only one person can have a romance with Robin, but could they have romances with each other? Perhaps with a little of Robin's prodding. OH! COMBO BONUSES FOR LURVE!
Actually, I encourage character-to-character relationships. Right now, I am making two characters that, if both recruited, will reveal an interesting backstory that you would have otherwise not discovered. So character combinations are definitely a YES. I'm not sure how to go about advocating this, but I assume once the characters are chosen, we could pool ideas on how they would react/interact with the other characters, including my own. Of course, that will be behind-the-scenes work, and might spoil the other character's backstories, but since this is the open-ended section of the game, that's not THAT big of a deal.

And yes, the competition is fierce. >_>

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#187 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Sweet! Faust is totally gonna hook up with Pockets McBlonde!

An idea pool sounds like a fun, but even though we've designed these characters they're ultimately yours to do with whatever you want.

I do love me some group writing though....

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#188 Post by Aleema »

serenity-blue wrote:Sweet! Faust is totally gonna hook up with Pockets McBlonde!
... >_> that actually sounds like a really cute idea.
I might have to increase the number of winners. All these characters are so *sigh* fun.

But enough yapping about the entries in public. Some other lovely people submitted wildy interesting characters, too! You guys are making this too damn hard!

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#189 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Well maybe if you get enough donations then everybody can win. *wink wink nudge nudge say no more*

Aiurax
Regular
Projects: Becoming Wishful

#190 Post by Aiurax »

A..ha.. I feel quite silly right now >.< I mean, I donated to Rock Robin (yay!) but didn't say the mula was from me (boo..), so I am sorry if you got some random anonymous donation, i'm just silly like that ^^'
ANYWAY. Really looking forward to Rock Robin! I've only just found this site, and hey £3 of my money to make an awesome game? Seems like a pretty darn good idea to me! Ahh but I digress.. Lovely to see it's so popular, though.

Uhm.. Ran out of things to say, so yes! Hope to see the finalised project being absolutely stark raving mad but at the same time wistfully awesome :D

otomefan

#191 Post by otomefan »

>_< I love all the songs in this game..is that even possible?xD <3333 Love love love love it! I cried when I saw "end of demo" seriously xD..I also teased my bro on how i found this awesome game *cough rock robin* xD ( I think i'm going to faint from excitement when it's released or run laps around my house :o) xD Everything about this game screams "professional, full of efforts etc. xD) I hope after this game you will continue to make gxb's because you're so good at it and there's not many gxb's in english v_v
Thank you for your hard work and dedication ^_^ :) People like you and azurextwilight make me want to create gxb's..only thing is i'm not so knowledgeable on making games xD! One day I will! :D

\Nish/
Regular

#192 Post by \Nish/ »

Just want to stop by and say your game looks really amazing, Aleema! I completely dig how this game looks, so professional...I think I've become a fan. :D

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#193 Post by Aleema »

Aiurax wrote:A..ha.. I feel quite silly right now >.< I mean, I donated to Rock Robin (yay!) but didn't say the mula was from me (boo..), so I am sorry if you got some random anonymous donation, i'm just silly like that ^^'
ANYWAY. Really looking forward to Rock Robin! I've only just found this site, and hey £3 of my money to make an awesome game? Seems like a pretty darn good idea to me! Ahh but I digress.. Lovely to see it's so popular, though.

Uhm.. Ran out of things to say, so yes! Hope to see the finalised project being absolutely stark raving mad but at the same time wistfully awesome :D
Don't worry! I recognized your name from your email! So it wasn't entirely random. :D
But yes, I cannot thank you (and serenity-blue) enough for your charity. I'm the first one to spend hundreds on a game, but the simply fact is ... I cannot afford to anymore, but my drive to create games has not stopped. >_> So you guys are a real life saver. I hope to make something real special for you guys (donation expansion pack), so I can properly thank you.
otomefan wrote: >_< I love all the songs in this game..is that even possible?xD <3333 Love love love love it! I cried when I saw "end of demo" seriously xD..I also teased my bro on how i found this awesome game *cough rock robin* xD ( I think i'm going to faint from excitement when it's released or run laps around my house ) xD Everything about this game screams "professional, full of efforts etc. xD) I hope after this game you will continue to make gxb's because you're so good at it and there's not many gxb's in english v_v
Thank you for your hard work and dedication ^_^ People like you and azurextwilight make me want to create gxb's..only thing is i'm not so knowledgeable on making games xD! One day I will!
Stop making GxB games!? NEVAR! This is my hobby for life. At least, until something much cooler happens to me, and I don't see that in the near future, lol.

And if you start making your own games, know that I and everyone else here will be at your back, supporting you. I mean it, you can ask me questions any time. It's surprisingly simple and easy making VNs is with Ren'Py. The hardest is and always will be the writing! Hehe.

@ \Nish/: Thanks, buddy!! Another fan to fuel my writing fire. <3 Thank you.
Last edited by Aleema on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#194 Post by sheetcakeghost »

YAY SUPPORT!

Yeah, I've found this forum to be super supportive of this thing that I kinda want to make a part-time job someday. Knowing that it's possible to make something this involved with a program I have sitting on my laptop right now is kind of inspiring. I will never wrap my head around codes though (I have very poor math skills and an intense hate of repetitive tasks) but creating a living thing and watching it evolve, that's always a blast and is always worth it no matter what end of the creative spectrum I'm on.

And hey, what better thing to spend your money on? I mean, some people in our position buy dolls.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#195 Post by Riviera »

*instantly donates*

This game is so worth it :)

I'd come up with a character myself, the idea is sooooo tempting... a rocker chick with black hair tied up in ponytails and huge bright streaks of rainbow colors in them. :D *makes a devil horns with one hand*

Or a guy with black hair and the same rainbow streaks. But no ponytails.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples