RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
sporkysan
Regular

Re: RockRobin - GxB (w/Demo) - Character Contest!!

#226 Post by sporkysan »

Ah. That makes sense. I can imagine Robin being very unhappy with Yoko. She doesn't seem the type to let someone else run her band or even influence it.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#227 Post by Aleema »

Oh, haha, when you explain it like that, the answer is YES, I already had a "Yoko," believe it or not!! I'm not going to reveal who and to whom (I need to stop spoiling the game for you guys), but rest assured that I did already code this character into the main plot, so you won't miss them. And it happens fairly early into the plot, so yeah. ^^ Looks like I already had one, lol!

Beau had a fiance, but she isn't just an idea they reference, though. You'll have to play ... I'M SO VAGUE, MWAHAHA.

And yes, groupies. Oh, the groupies. I'm going to try to concentrate the gauging of your fans to the band's website, rather than many scenes where there's groupies everywhere. But a lot of Beau's stuff has his fangirls, so ...

P.S.: For the character contest, I NEED MORE GUITARISTS. No one has submitted a guitar player yet. Guitars need some love, too ...

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#228 Post by sheetcakeghost »

I'm kind of surprised you haven't been flooded with them. The guitar is like the instrument for a band. I was expecting you to need drummers more than anything.

sporkysan
Regular

#229 Post by sporkysan »

Really? I wanted to avoid making a guitarist, cause I figured everyone else was doing one. Maybe it's time for a change in plans.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#230 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Heh, in our intent to be original we achieved being anything but.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#231 Post by Aleema »

:( That's probably why there aren't any guitarists, because people think there would a lot of them. >_< Nope.
I don't want to publish this, but showing the instrument trend might help with the new entries:

Guitar: 0
Bass: 2
Keyboard: 2
Drums: 1
Vocals (main): 1
Violin: 3

My own characters to add onto those is basically just one to each instrument. So I've got one guitarist for open-ended mode right now. x_x

What instrument your character is will have a deciding factor in choosing them. So if you can help even out the instruments to like, at most, 2 each, that will help ...
Last edited by Aleema on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#232 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Well if you allowed more than one entry a person I would totally hook you up, but then I'd end up with a full cast that could probably start their own band somewhere else.

sporkysan
Regular

#233 Post by sporkysan »

Serenity Frost wrote:Heh, in our intent to be original we achieved being anything but.
Haha. Like, I didn't even realize that violin was an option. And I don't see many violinist, but it has the most entries.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#234 Post by sheetcakeghost »

I made one of those myself. Electric violin is awesome and I wanted to be different. =P *fail*

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#235 Post by Aleema »

Serenity Frost wrote:Well if you allowed more than one entry a person I would totally hook you up, but then I'd end up with a full cast that could probably start their own band somewhere else.
There's no rule against multiple entries ... I'm still only going to pick a limited number, though. You can also edit your existing entries.
sporkysan wrote:Haha. Like, I didn't even realize that violin was an option. And I don't see many violinist, but it has the most entries.
It was my mistake. For the first two violin entries, the entry form said that I would code special instruments, and I said the violin for instance. Then I removed the example and just said I'd do special instruments. And then I removed the special instruments all together after getting another one. >_> I'm sorry to their creators. Your characters ARE really interesting on their own right. But they can't all be violinists. :(

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#236 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Sure they can! They can be the strings section in a symphony! For a different game.

TyranX
Regular

#237 Post by TyranX »

o.O Holy crap. D: I didn't know there were that many elec violins.
I coulda sworn that it was obscure enough that I could sneak it in.
To hell with it then. :\

-walks over to Ledahn, takes his elec violin and smashes it-
*Ledahn tearing up*
-tosses a guitar into his hands-
"Sorry bro, boss lady's orders, You play that now."

This guy volunteers for guitar then.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you to death with their experience."

Current Status="A brilliantly lazy man"

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#238 Post by Aleema »

:( I'm sorry. I really didn't want to post the instrument tally, because the violin creators were each really attached to it. >_> I'm such a bad girl. But thank you for volunteering your character, but I hope it's really okay with you, and you don't feel obligated.

TyranX
Regular

#239 Post by TyranX »

I don't mind changing him, him on the other hand *cough*
I originally avoided guitar because it seemed so generic and bland =P but I'd rather sacrifice him I guess to avoid turning it into a raffle to decide who stays.

*Ledahn, crying in background*
o_o >_>
*closes the door to the room the noise is coming from all ninja-like*
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you to death with their experience."

Current Status="A brilliantly lazy man"

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#240 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Well luckily Faust doesn't care what he plays so long as the music gets made. So we're down to one violin again.