RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
xelacroix
Regular
Projects: beautiful girls

Re: RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

#571 Post by xelacroix »

when will the game completed..i hate playing demos..

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#572 Post by Aleema »

xelacroix wrote:when will the game completed..i hate playing demos..
To be fair, you'll probably hate the full game, too. Lots of talking. :P

Kyminara
Regular

#573 Post by Kyminara »

I played the new demo. I can't wait to see the finished thing. It looks awesome so far.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but in the screen where you explain all the manager buttons, it would be better if you also point out the current goal and the calander date in the corner. It's small and easy to miss but kind of important for the player.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#574 Post by Aleema »

Thank you, I will totally do that. :)

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#575 Post by Wright1000 »

If you don't play the demo, how will you know whether the full game will be worth your time or not?
You can't expect such a high quality non-commercial game to be released without a demo.
Besides, it sounds rude.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#576 Post by sayuri »

Aleema wrote:Yeah, someone brought that up somewhere in these 30 pages, too. xD I guess I should check out the anime eventually, too! I know who Mika Nakashima is (she played Nana in the live action movie -- which I have now watched), so it's funny. I think the biggest overlap is Nana's appearance? Which I agree with. They both are rocker girls with short, black-ish hair. :) The 4 chars designs (robin, dallas, beau, emmitt) were actually out of my hands because I used stock sprites, and then let Lorey do whatever based on them. xD

Glad you enjoyed it!! :D "Easy to get along with" is definitely not how I would have described her, but I get what you're saying!
Yup. That would be me. Page 14. Seriously, I have too much time on my hands. I just played the newest demo, I'm excited all over again. I cannot wait to write my own songs. It's the OCD part of me that cries a bit inside to see a red down arrow XD.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#577 Post by azureXtwilight »

Aleema wrote:
To be fair, you'll probably hate the full game, too. Lots of talking. :P
Aleema is awesome, as always!

AriaRules!
Regular
Projects: High School, for the Supernatural!
Organization: AriaGames

#578 Post by AriaRules! »

Wait? What! There's a new demo. Can't wait to see this finished, I love your games!
Once I finish, my own project, I might donate :)

victorita9
Regular

#579 Post by victorita9 »

I have a question. Will any groupies be making appearances?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#580 Post by Aleema »

victorita9 wrote:I have a question. Will any groupies be making appearances?
Hmm, why do you ask? :) Answer is, yes. Though, I try to keep the fandom on the game's forum system, but fans do make recurring appearances.

Redplayer4win

#581 Post by Redplayer4win »

I really am so excited for the full game to come out :3 The demo was fun too!! :D

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#582 Post by Blane Doyle »

Just finished the demo, and it was a LOT of fun! I hope this comes out very soon, but I don't want to rush you to finish it. I know I am going to like it.

Chushiki Maho
Regular
Projects: X-Tasy, Teacher Pets, Virus
Organization: Infinite Scribbles Productions

#583 Post by Chushiki Maho »

Uhm, I tried the demo, but I found a bug... I was in the part right after you get Beau to help you, but once I got into band info and picked the public opinion thing, it crashed. Has this been mentioned before?

Other than that, it's an amazing game and super fun.
X-Tasy - GXB (WIP)
~ My Fanfiction
Virus [NaNoRenO 2012]
French to English (or vice-versa) VN translator ~ PM me if interested :3

Oestaira

#584 Post by Oestaira »

Is there any word on this project? The official website seems to no longer exist.
I just finished playing the demo and was thoroughly impressed with the amount of work and attention to detail that went into it. My only qualm is the bulk of the characters are generally unlikable (in my tastes, at least), though they do still feel genuine and unique, which is refreshing in a genre of games that tends to cookie-cutter characters and dialogue.
The band management angle was marvelously executed with just enough level of customization and control without feeling micromanage-y and overwhelming. It was exciting to be able to choose band features such as genre and name, even if they are mostly cosmetic. The art style is fresh and hearkens enough to it's anime roots to interest Otome purists, but is unique and Western enough to satisfy those who are tired of pigtails and fist-sized eyes.
While I personally find the main character irritating and boorish, it's still nice to be able to play a character that isn't obsessed with baking cookies for all her potential love interests and giggling through half the dialogue.
Suffice it to say, I am looking forward to the full release of this game and really hope it is still in production.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#585 Post by Aleema »

It is very much still in production. Alizze just drew Wizz's second CG for Open-Ended Mode. It's adorable. :)

The new forum is here. The original website got hacked only a couple days ago, so it's only been down for that long. Since people are going to it thinking the project is on hiatus, I will make a placeholder very soon (or fix the original site).

I'm glad you gave the demo a go, even though you find all the characters unlikable. You can't win 'em all! Luckily, the band sim and story objectives are completely separate from any romance, so you could play just for the band management if you want. :) And I'm at least glad you understand the appeal of an anti-hero like Robin, even if you don't agree. While making a rock band game, you just simply can't go with the traditional heroine!

@Chushiki Maho: That's unfortunate, and no, I was not aware of that. The next time you get this error, could you kindly tell me what it says, if you can copy/paste it? If not, don't worry, the thing will get a LOT of bug testing.