RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: RockRobin - GxB (w/Demo)

#76 Post by lepapillonrouge »

And Beau is beau.

-shot for bad puns-
deviantART
---------------------

Yunome
Regular

#77 Post by Yunome »

lepapillonrouge wrote:And Beau is beau.

-shot for bad puns-
Heehee :D
-is shot for liking bad pun-

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#78 Post by Aleema »

You guys are silly. :lol:

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#79 Post by azureXtwilight »

By the way, I notice the I'm 16 or older thing in the options...
What does that means?
Does choosing "no" disables some events?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#80 Post by Aleema »

azureXtwilight wrote:By the way, I notice the I'm 16 or older thing in the options...
What does that means?
Does choosing "no" disables some events?
I'm going to remove that for the future release. If you're younger than sixteen, then don't tell me. xD
Just make sure you're okay with something an R rated movie might have. Don't worry, no violence or gore or anything.
You might get a little smexy time on your romance path, but nothing explicit.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#81 Post by azureXtwilight »

I see :)
No, I am already 17.

What makes you decide to remove it?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#82 Post by Aleema »

azureXtwilight wrote:I see :)
No, I am already 17.

Because, like someone already said, it just wouldn't be the same game without that color (the mature content).
And also, because when I finish the game, I probably don't want to waste more time going through it again. x_x

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#83 Post by azureXtwilight »

Aleema wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:I see :)
No, I am already 17.

Because, like someone already said, it just wouldn't be the same game without that color (the mature content).
And also, because when I finish the game, I probably don't want to waste more time going through it again. x_x
I'm grateful that I am over 16. :D

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

#84 Post by CaesMRaenes »

I played the demo and am VERY satisfied as to where this is going. The characters are raw and real and I'm loving the turn of events and Robin's hard-to-handle attitude. The interface was so polished and pretty that I couldn't help but to forget that this was a demo.

I can't wait for the finished product. *_*
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#85 Post by Starling »

Played it again XD And I got more cut scenes than I did the first time *didn't do somethings last time that she did this time* and I have to say right now Beau is my fave right now. His personality makes me happy XD
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#86 Post by Aleema »

CaesMRaenes wrote:I played the demo and am VERY satisfied as to where this is going. The characters are raw and real and I'm loving the turn of events and Robin's hard-to-handle attitude. The interface was so polished and pretty that I couldn't help but to forget that this was a demo.

I can't wait for the finished product. *_*
That's fantastic!! Wow, really. ^__^ I'm working on the game right now, so hopefully it will be done in a reasonable amount of time. x_x
Starling wrote:Played it again XD And I got more cut scenes than I did the first time *didn't do somethings last time that she did this time* and I have to say right now Beau is my fave right now. His personality makes me happy XD
Haha, that's cool that there was even more for you to experience! I always like it when there's an easter egg or something in a game I finished.

And you like Beau the most?? Oh, I'm so glad! (I thought I was the only one ... >_>)

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#87 Post by Starling »

Aleema wrote: Haha, that's cool that there was even more for you to experience! I always like it when there's an easter egg or something in a game I finished.

And you like Beau the most?? Oh, I'm so glad! (I thought I was the only one ... >_>)
That scene after the first concert with him hooked me, it was just so amusing and by the end I really wanted to see what happened if he tried to put his moves on Robin (other than the fact that she might just smack him... but shh)

I can also tell you know that I believe this game, because of the different ways you can take the managing parts this is going to be a very replayable game for me at least.
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

blakjak
Veteran

#88 Post by blakjak »

Rock Robin is an awesome demo.

Or should I say, "BROKEN", because that's the name I chose for my Alternative Rock band. The UI is beautifull and unobtrusive. I liked the management part, and I loved the music, what a really good choice you made. The character sprites were pretty good, especially Emmerit and Robin. What got me most is the writing off course, it's quite solid, and I really liked the mature approach to it.
Only thing was that one thread was a little too obvious
The fact that Beau will join the band later on is hinted at very soon, a bit too soon to my tastes.
But other than that it's all just a lot of fun to read. Robin is a very likable character.

One thing though, is that the sprites are really tall, nothing wrong here, it's just that it's hard to catch any expression changes while reading at the same time, their head being so far away from the textbox. But I might be reading with my laptop too close =)

Anyways, good job on this demo, it's A grade.
edit : Oh and you got me laughing out loud several times, thanks to Emmerit's skill at branding band names in particular =D

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#89 Post by Aleema »

Starling wrote:That scene after the first concert with him hooked me, it was just so amusing and by the end I really wanted to see what happened if he tried to put his moves on Robin (other than the fact that she might just smack him... but shh)

I can also tell you know that I believe this game, because of the different ways you can take the managing parts this is going to be a very replayable game for me at least.
You love the LadyKiller Beau? Tehehe. ;) And I like things with replayability, too! I hope I make the game seem like it really is your band and your Robin. She'll grow in different ways depending on what paths you take ...
blakjak wrote:Rock Robin is an awesome demo.

Or should I say, "BROKEN", because that's the name I chose for my Alternative Rock band.
lol, you gave me a heartattack before I read the end of the sentence. I was like "OMG, broken1?!?" xD
blakjak wrote:Only thing was that one thread was a little too obvious
The fact that Beau will join the band later on is hinted at very soon, a bit too soon to my tastes.
This is also something I was afraid of. Was it that he had a character sprite? (Or was it simply that he's listed a band member in the opening post? lol) >_> We would like it to be where you'll never know if a character will be important later, but so far, almost everyone with a character sprite will be important. =P
blakjak wrote:One thing though, is that the sprites are really tall, nothing wrong here, it's just that it's hard to catch any expression changes while reading at the same time, their head being so far away from the textbox. But I might be reading with my laptop too close =)
This is something I agree with completely. In my other games, the character's faces are always in the box next to them. This is because I hate having to look up and down just to see their inflection for every line. I think I avoided it in this game to simply be different. Maybe I should have just gone with my instinct and put side portraits for everyone? That would solve the problems with figuring out who's talking when, too. Naturally, I would want them on the left side ... I'll play around with side images and see if I can still get a clean interface. But yes, I agree. :)

I'm very glad you liked the demo, and even found it funny! A lot of the laughs I should credit to unknown5, as he's a comic genius. Any jokes I managed were because he's my muse. ;)

And it's always nice to hear from you, blakjak. <3 (Are you, by chance, French? ... That's a stupid question, I know.)

blakjak
Veteran

#90 Post by blakjak »

Was it that he had a character sprite?
Not really, because Owen has also got one and I didn't expect him to become a band member, even though he might become one in the full release.
Or was it simply that he's listed a band member in the opening post?
I completely missed that post so that's not to be blamed. =D
What hinted at me was that he made it clear he knew who Robin was early on, and the fact that she asks him what he knows in fact about music, that seemed to prepare for a future reverseal of the situation.
Maybe I should have just gone with my instinct
Yep that's usually the best way to go =D

While I'm not a French national, I've been living here since my early youth, so I'm as French as one get get without having the nationality :3