RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
sheetcakeghost
Veteran

Re: RockRobin - GxB (w/Demo) - Character Contest!!

#166 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Phew, there we go. Done and sent. Hope you enjoy him. I didn't add any dates for event trigger or anything, but if you want to use him we can work all that out. I can also just leave it to you.

Oh, and glad I made your day! You've been helping out so much I just wanted to help back. Plus this game looks really cool.

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#167 Post by Starling »

Lol, well then Serenity-Blue beat me to it~ Mine is also sent however (inspiration it took me by the throat and would not let me go) so you'll have at least two! Already! :D

The character is completely different than anything I've ever done before so it was a good experience for me to come up with. I do apologize for writing so much on the about I kinda got carried away...
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#168 Post by Aleema »

Thanks, you two!! Uwaah ... such amazing characters. *_* Yes, I got your email, Starling, so you copied it right.
I'm going to read them now and reply if I have any questions (I got a really big one for you, serenity, lol).

And I know what you mean, Starling, about getting so wrapped up in characterization. For some reason, the endless possibilities is kinda intimidating, and so far, people are much better at making characters than me anyway. :D (I can only credit myself for Robin, and I just strengthened IonicMomo's characterization for the main cast.)

Dark Cloak

#169 Post by Dark Cloak »

I can't seem to download the demo. Otherwise I'd join in the contest. D:

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#170 Post by Aleema »

Dark Cloak wrote:I can't seem to download the demo. Otherwise I'd join in the contest. D:
Yeah, my hosting is going through server maintenance right now (middle of the night for us). Should be up in an hour, or at most a few hours. Sorry, I guess more reason to upload to a site like Megaupload. =P

But thank you for your interest in the contest! Hopefully you will get to the demo sometime. :)

Dark Cloak

#171 Post by Dark Cloak »

OH MY GOODNESS. I just love this. Best hour and a half I've had in a long while. I'm so crazy about Beau. And the characters are so lifelike it feels like I KNOW THEM. Props to the writers, seriously. :D

I'll be working on my contest entry now.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#172 Post by Aleema »

@Dark Cloak: I'm really glad you like it! Best hour and half, lol. I'm honored, really. *_* I like Beau, too. Well, I like them all, hehe. And yes, props to unknown5 for some of the funniest lines evar.

And thanks for the entries, guys! If you guys keep sending me these awesome characters, you're going to make it really hard for me to pick, lol.

Just FYI, but all the characters submitted thus far have been blondes. I have nothing against blondes (or that it would have any weight on me choosing a character for the game), but there are plenty of other hair colors to choose from, too. Even weird colors, because of the magic of dyes! xD

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#173 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Hey! Faust is only blond when he wants to be! Also, he's German so he's allowed to be blond.

Did you know that adding an e to the word blond denotes that you're referring to a girl? That's because the word blond is French.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#174 Post by Aleema »

serenity-blue wrote:Did you know that adding an e to the word blond denotes that you're referring to a girl? That's because the word blond is French.
I'm very aware of that, yes. (I'm writing a French character here, lol.) Joor silly.
Faust's been the only guy submitted so far, and you did allow him to dye his hair, so ... :3

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#175 Post by sheetcakeghost »

If it were up to me his hair would be a randomly generated color every week, but that would be some extra coding work and would frankly get a bit silly.

And YES more wild hair colors on girls! You're rockers! You don't have a dress code!

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#176 Post by Aleema »

serenity-blue wrote:If it were up to me his hair would be a randomly generated color every week, but that would be some extra coding work and would frankly get a bit silly.

And YES more wild hair colors on girls! You're rockers! You don't have a dress code!
Wouldn't be too much code, actually. In one of my games, one of the character's hats changes every time you meet her. Don't restrict yourself when it comes to coding, because it's always possible, you just have to want to do it. In this case, I would want to do it, because I love colors. <3

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#177 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Yay palette swapping! Oooo, would the artist be miffed if his hair style and clothes changed too? Blar, lookit me talking like I already have a slot.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#178 Post by Aleema »

serenity-blue wrote:Yay palette swapping! Oooo, would the artist be miffed if his hair style and clothes changed too? Blar, lookit me talking like I already have a slot.
She wouldn't be upset, but I would be, lol. Getting different clothes/hairstyles would require commissioning another sprite. Yes, I am paying for these characters, so one sprite with multiple expressions is kinda all I can offer, unless you're willing to spring for the extra sprites, which would be cheap actually ($5) -- in which case, I've made an awful contest that makes you pay ME. :( But I'm not letting that small monetary barrier stifle your guys' creativity. If I like something enough, and there's a good enough reason for a physical change, then I would consider it. But for the same cost, I could get an entirely new character, too. lol Decisions, decisions!

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#179 Post by sheetcakeghost »

You mean artists require legal tender? O.O!

The only reason I could think of for his changing hair and clothes and such is because he enjoys changing up his look. Something easily conveyed with a simple pallet swap that I could do my own self.

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#180 Post by Starling »

XD! I find it ironic that this is probably one of the first blondes I've created (Snow White doesn't count cause I just always think she should be blonde D< XD) in a very long time and you get flooded with them. Auburn is almost always what they get to be because that's my favourite hair color XDXDXD *case in point I dye it that color*

I feel bad because I wrote a clothing change... but for the character I kind of have to.... I'm glad it's only 5 dollars though, it could be worse.
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)