RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
IonicMomo
Regular
Completed: Mail Order Bride
Projects: Untitled GxB game

Re: Rock Robin (Band Manager) - Needs Writer!

#16 Post by IonicMomo »

Yay! I love the details of each of the characters' eyes...they match their personalities completely! :D
Also, I like that Robin has a more mature look in the sketch. I dunno...I guess I just have a thing for older heroines.
Current Project: Untitled GxB Game, Untitled NaNoRenO 2011
Completed Projects: Mail Order Bride

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Rock Robin (Band Manager) - GxB

#17 Post by Aleema »

Lorey, the artist, is churning out the character art real fast. :)
I've attached the characters Dallas and Emmitt, though the colors might change.
The sprite for Robin has also been completed, but I'm re-coloring her.
Oh, I'm the colorist, so don't blame Lorey for the awful, awful cell-shading job. >_>
Dallas2.png
Emmitt_happy.png
Also, we've kinda settled on the game beginning off in a "story mode" and then allowing the player to fully customize their band members after the story ends. This is for the best, trust me!

The mini-games are also in the works. So far, there are 3 of them (if I can get the third to work well ...) so we'll see how it goes from here. :)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#18 Post by azureXtwilight »

Wow, and you called that awful!? Then mine will be super horrible. Good joob Aleema!

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#19 Post by Chansel »

Wow, your art is so amazing!
I'm totally jealous T^T
And not only the art, the whole game sounds great.
Can't wait for it to be finished =D
So, any guess on how long it'll take to finish it? Or to release some sort of demo =D?
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

mori-jane

#20 Post by mori-jane »

This game looks so interesting. And the graphics are amazing!

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#21 Post by cloudyssky »

If you're still in need of a writer, I'm game.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Aleema »

Oh, cool! Replies! :D
Thank you for the support, guys! It certainly fuels those late nights of coding. :)
azureXtwilight wrote:Wow, and you called that awful!? Then mine will be super horrible. Good joob Aleema!
Aww, no, I didn't mean to imply that considering my own work awful, that that is my standard for all art. ;_;
I am a super perfectionist, so I see all my flaws and they kick me in the head, no matter how I look at it.
And this is my first time cell-shading, so I'm really not confident in it ... The only thing making these sprites look good is the talented Lorey. :)
Chansel wrote:Wow, your art is so amazing!
I'm totally jealous T^T
And not only the art, the whole game sounds great.
Can't wait for it to be finished =D
So, any guess on how long it'll take to finish it? Or to release some sort of demo =D?
Good question (and thanks)! A tech demo has been circulating the writers, and those who showed mild interest, lol. While the technical aspect of the game is pretty advanced, the story is barely conceptualized, so to have a demo there would probably need to be a snippet of the story ... so it is not immediately ready for a public demo. However! IonicMomo, unknown5, and I have been hard at work in the last month, and we've well-established the characters, and are so close to a plot I can taste it. Once we we've settled on the basic drift of the game, a demo will not be far away.

tl;dr; soon! Maybe a month or so. >_> Wishful thinking, maybe, but a goal is a goal.
cloudyssky wrote:If you're still in need of a writer, I'm game.
Well, without a plot nailed down, we can definitely use input and suggestions on all fronts. If you're interested, I can PM you information and you can decide what you would like to work on (if anything).

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#23 Post by Chansel »

A month?
It's going to be hard to wait that long T^T
But, I'm positive it's going to be worth it ^^
Well, without a plot nailed down, we can definitely use input and suggestions on all fronts. If you're interested, I can PM you information and you can decide what you would like to work on (if anything).
I'd like to help out as well ^^ That is, if you don't mind some grammatical errors here and there. My native language is Dutch, not English. So I'm afraid it can't be avoided... If you're cool with that though, I'm your girl ^^
Or I could just sprout some ideas. Which is (if I may say so myself) one of my specialties.
Xx
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#24 Post by azureXtwilight »

I hope you didn't find my previous post offensive. It's just that I envy your coloring skills. :D

Oh, and by the way, is it possible for you to release a demo for us? I'm curious about the system. I don't know such things can be done with ren'py. :)

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#25 Post by cloudyssky »

Sure go ahead! I'd love to jump on board. I have a hell of a lot of free time as classes are ending for me (though I will be taking some summer courses). I'll do whatever you need done. I'll be satisfied with the smallest amount of work.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Aleema »

@Chansel + cloudyssky: Awesome! I do have some things that need input/to be completely written (don't worry, not like, scenes or anything). Any contributions would be such a relief. ;_; I'm really going to send a PM now.

@azureXtwilight: Oh, no, I didn't take offense to your post! I just don't people thinking I'm conceited or something. I really don't like anything I make. >_>

As for a demo, right now, the story is not well-defined enough to release. In a few weeks, maybe.

As for sharing code ... Like any hard-working programmer, I want to be greedy and say NO MY CODE GET YOUR OWN! But I do want the game to be open to modding from the players (custom band album covers, etc), so I may have no choice but to go open-source. My biggest problem with that is how I'm a sloppy coder. I probably write code like it shouldn't written. >_> So learning from me is probably a bad idea. If there's something specific that I have done that you would like tips on, then ask away.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Aleema »

Progress is going swimmingly, so I guess I should thank the sickness that somehow inspired me to write. I updated the first post with some "new" screenshots, in that they now reflect what's actually in the game. Ones that didn't make the front page cut are:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Character art has kinda come to a dead halt, as I cannot afford to commission any more. ;_;

If I keep up this progress, a demo is not far away. :D

I also want to thank everyone who's made contributions to the game so far. I don't know where this game would be without ya! <3
Last edited by Aleema on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#28 Post by azureXtwilight »

Wow, amazing! As expected from Aleema! I'm so into this game now.
Waiting for demo... :)

blakjak
Veteran

#29 Post by blakjak »

Ouch ! Looks so pro *_*

HiroC
Regular
Projects: White Lily(GXB)

#30 Post by HiroC »

looks awesome! nice art! Um, i'm sorry bout this if this would offend anyone but if it wasn't the heroine's clothes, i would thought of a boy... a pretty boy i mean. lol. must be the influence of lots of shoujo manga and since the eyes were smaller wherein i'm used to those big eyes that are usually used.
Projects:
::Currently in Progress::
>>>White Lily GXB
Will go hiatus because of my work. TT__TT