RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: RockRobin - GxB (w/Demo) - Character Contest!!

#256 Post by Aleema »

Thanks for the support, guys! Thanks to donations, I have just gotten back some sprite sketches for the missing characters in the demo. They look amazing, FYI. LinWest is also working at the speed of light, and is completing her second CG. Which is love. <3
Starling wrote:I'm perfectly happy with one ending per guy. I think the main draw of this game is the management part and how you can customize it differently, the romance with the boys is just an amazing added plus lol.
Oh, lol. It's been a long time since I worked on the sim part of the game, I almost forgot it was the main draw, haha. Well, just let it be known that I'm taking the story part seriously. >_>

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#257 Post by sheetcakeghost »

As you should. A bad story has made me lose interest in some of the best made games.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#258 Post by Aleema »

Because of the slow of entries, I'm going to choose the winning characters soon. If you planned on entering the contest but haven't yet, send in your guys, though I will continue to accept them past the deadline. Not sure how likely your character will get a slot, though. I'll post winners on Monday if my personal life allows.

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

Re: RockRobin - GxB (w/Demo) - Character Contest Deadline NO

#259 Post by Starling »

*waits in anticipation*

And good luck with picking them :D
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Red Lilies
Regular

#260 Post by Red Lilies »

Well, since it isn't monday yet, and this game is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious awesome I guess I'll still try to enter. Entry sent!
"Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops" - Mortimer Brewster, Arsenic and Old Lace

Lace

#261 Post by Lace »

omg i just finished the demo :D
its so awesome >< i wanna keep playing it!!!

but heres like one thing i thought was a bit odd D:
like how bea is an amazing pianist but on the management section, he didnt have much music skills and only writing skills
i thought that was kinda weird ><

or i might be wrong haha :)
and imm so glad the character contest is still going on :D
i might enter >< so yeahhh

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#262 Post by Aleema »

Lace wrote:but heres like one thing i thought was a bit odd D:
like how bea is an amazing pianist but on the management section, he didnt have much music skills and only writing skills
i thought that was kinda weird ><
Would the game be any fun if all the characters started off amazing? ;)
The starting values of the characters will probably change, though. Also, Beau hasn't played the piano in a while (I tried to get this across with the piano room locked, and him actually telling you to not be fooled by the demonstration). Also, I don't consider the zero on the music bar to mean "no talent whatsoever", just that they're not actively practicing, so they're not performance-worthy. At least, that's how I like to think about it. I'm trying to give each character a good reason to start off kinda sucky. Robin -> Not as good as she thinks she is, and she hasn't played the bass in forever, Emmitt -> never good to begin with, Beau -> doesn't really want to play and hasn't for a while, Dallas -> he's actually going to start with a good music stat, so no excuse needed, haha. :)

But thank you for liking the game! It would be neat to see some more character entries. Lorey's still working on the demo sprites, so I will probably postpone the winners for another week, or until she finishes. x_x Sorry, guys. I know you're eager.

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#263 Post by sheetcakeghost »

You could still announce and us just not get started for a week. I don't quite see how the demo sprites have any real bearing on writing for the extra mode.

Lace

#264 Post by Lace »

ohhh haha i forgot that bea didnt play the piano for a while :D
im glad that dallas has good music stat ^^ (he's prob gonna be my fav)

i also have a question on the characher contest ><
you mentioned that only one girl can have a romantic plot
does that mean only robin can have it? or a new girl can also but robin cant??
sorry for being confused ><

btw can sterling be in one of the GxB if my girl char can have a romantic plot?
i always liked the bad boys hehe ^^;;
i thought maybe sterling can be good also cus of his backstory? (maybe???)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#265 Post by Aleema »

Serenity Frost wrote:You could still announce and us just not get started for a week. I don't quite see how the demo sprites have any real bearing on writing for the extra mode.
Actually, the other reason I'm postponing it is because I'm still trying to set up a headquarters. My free time and motivation to do anything but write is really limited at the moment. I'm a sleepless wreck, which, for some reason, is the perfect mood to write Dallas' path, haha.
Lace wrote:i also have a question on the characher contest ><
you mentioned that only one girl can have a romantic plot
does that mean only robin can have it? or a new girl can also but robin cant??
sorry for being confused ><
I meant that there can only be one romance with the MC (main character, i.e. Robin) with one of the recruitables, but I'm willing to change that if you help me flesh out their story. Meaning, if you submit a male character who has the option of dating the MC, it might be dropped if it's too much to write, but, again, that's not at risk right now. Recruitables x other recruitables are totally encouraged. I love the idea that the sub characters hook up and the world doesn't revolve around Robin (I was iffy giving a romance path to all three band members to begin with, since it's just a mary-sue situation no matter what ya do).
Lace wrote:btw can sterling be in one of the GxB if my girl char can have a romantic plot?
i always liked the bad boys hehe ^^;;
i thought maybe sterling can be good also cus of his backstory? (maybe???)
Sterling does have an attractive bad boy vibe to him, I agree. I don't want to say no, BUT ...
Let me put it like this ... The open-ended section is going to be somewhat of an "alternate universe" where the story-mode's characters don't exist. Meaning, there won't be a Dallas or an Emmitt, or even a Sterling. >_> So events that depend or include them can't happen. Once you play the game, you will see why I have to do this. Because there is so much backstory and character development that if I tried to give it to you for your own character development, that would spoil the game, you know? So, to avoid "no, sterling wouldn't do this because of that," he won't exist for your character to interact with. It's best to think of it like that. If you really want character relationships with existing people, let me know, though, so I can see how I can work with it. So I will keep this in mind for a character you write.

But if you wanted to see something from the existing characters, you could suggest things for the story version. I'm still open for that.

Lace

#266 Post by Lace »

wow >< so much to take in haha
but robin is still gonna be in the alternate universe?
and i would love the recruitable x other recruitables idea :D
sound like its gonna be super duper more fun than i expected xD
im sorry for asking so much questions ><;;

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#267 Post by sheetcakeghost »

Questions are the fuel of life, my friend. Never need apologize for asking them.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#268 Post by Aleema »

Haha, sorry. I run at the mouth sometimes.
Yessss, right now, Robin is in open-ended mode. :)

Lace

#269 Post by Lace »

ohh haha ^^
im halfway done with the character things but i dont think ill get to finish my drawying ><

Mghrabiya

#270 Post by Mghrabiya »

can't wait :3 luved the demo u rock XD