RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Julie
Regular

Re: RockRobin - Band Manager (w/Demo)

#466 Post by Julie »

SETH! <333333
I can't wait for this game to be done. How is the progress so far? ^^

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#467 Post by Aleema »

Progress is smashing, Julie. I feel like we're really getting somewhere. It's actually happening. This will be a game, and in a matter of a couple months.

Julie
Regular

#468 Post by Julie »

I'm so excited for it! ^^ You guys are putting a lot of effort in this game and it really shows! I wish you good luck with everything. I'm so excited for this to show up in the Completed Games thread! <3

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#469 Post by Snowflower »

I may be asking an already answered question, but when will the full game be available?
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#470 Post by Aleema »

I'm joking. =P

So long as nothing else fracks up my life, which is totally possible since the powers that be are really being big a-holes lately, I want to really see efforts to getting it done done done in March.

What would help me is writers who are willing to write out the plot of an existing open-ended mode character. Alessandro, Joel, Natasha, Jammy, Owen, and Marcus do not have plots that are being worked on. And we can always use help for the ones that are. If anyone is interested in being a contributing writer, be it for entire characters or even just topic posts and song titles, it would help the progression of the game significantly!

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#471 Post by Snowflower »

Aleema wrote: What would help me is writers who are willing to write out the plot of an existing open-ended mode character. Alessandro, Joel, Natasha, Jammy, Owen, and Marcus do not have plots that are being worked on. And we can always use help for the ones that are. If anyone is interested in being a contributing writer, be it for entire characters or even just topic posts and song titles, it would help the progression of the game significantly!

Hmmm... I'm kind of only aware of Natasha, Joel, and Marcus within the story. I guess I missed the parts about Alessandro, Jammy, and Owen (?)

But if you need help with writing and stuff, I can help you out if I know some background. I'm assuming the guys aren't obtainable.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#472 Post by Aleema »

Snowflower wrote:Hmmm... I'm kind of only aware of Natasha, Joel, and Marcus within the story. I guess I missed the parts about Alessandro, Jammy, and Owen (?)
You didn't miss Alessandro or Jammy, they're not in the demo. :) They're for Open Ended Mode recruitment only.
Owen is the guy in the cowboy hat at the bar. So you did miss him. xD

If you're serious about writing, like actual scripts will result, then I can give you access to the writer pool. But the writer pool does have spoilers on almost all of the Open Ended Mode characters, so I should only let you in if you want to actually contribute rather than just speculate. It's okay if you don't want to, because I know you're writing you're own games. :)

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#473 Post by Snowflower »

Aleema wrote:
Snowflower wrote:Hmmm... I'm kind of only aware of Natasha, Joel, and Marcus within the story. I guess I missed the parts about Alessandro, Jammy, and Owen (?)
You didn't miss Alessandro or Jammy, they're not in the demo. :) They're for Open Ended Mode recruitment only.
Owen is the guy in the cowboy hat at the bar. So you did miss him. xD

If you're serious about writing, like actual scripts will result, then I can give you access to the writer pool. But the writer pool does have spoilers on almost all of the Open Ended Mode characters, so I should only let you in if you want to actually contribute rather than just speculate. It's okay if you don't want to, because I know you're writing you're own games. :)

Ah, now Owen is coming back to me. I didn't miss him; I just couldn't remember his name on top of my head.

What kind of writing are you looking for in the Open Ended Mode characters? Further development with Robin? Speculate on her progress?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#474 Post by Aleema »

With open ended mode characters, each character has their own subplot, and since the game is written in first-person point of view, it it involves Robin. The idea is that as you get closer to a band member, cutscenes will happen. What those cutscenes are are up to the character's writer. They're usually scenes that develop that character, tell us more about their personality or backstory -- or it could be a full on plot with conflicts/climax/endings. I'm trying to avoid "dud" band members -- meaning they don't do anything but look pretty. I would like every band member you can recruit to feel real and to be interactive. They would need a few friendship cutscenes (you raise their relationship meter to certain points), a cutscene for their introduction to Robin, one for when you recruit them to the band, and one for when you fire them. Along with that, they should have some brief conversations to have in the Band Meeting chat area, and forum topic posts about them would be great, too. But that's stuff I can do if you don't want to. I'm just writing too many characters at once and I really want a new perspective on writing so I don't write the same arcs over and over, you know? Different writer, new material.

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#475 Post by Snowflower »

I have couple ideas with Owen and a little bit of Marcus, but I don't know if it'll make sense with the plot as a whole.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#476 Post by Aleema »

There's little to no plot in Open Ended Mode, there are just character studies. If you mean that they would completely change their character, then yeah, that would be a problem. xD

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#477 Post by Snowflower »

Hmmm...
Once I get all the ideas settled into my brain, I'll PM you :)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#478 Post by Aleema »

Officially making a call for writers, here.

shwippie
Regular
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop. Mitzi's Fable
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie

#479 Post by shwippie »

I'm definitely trying the demo ^^ What a cool idea~
(Btw, I'm really REALLY looking forward to "By the Lake" because of the gorgeous artwork)
Image Image Image

shwippie
Regular
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop. Mitzi's Fable
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie

#480 Post by shwippie »

Played the demo ^u^
I liked the character sprites a lot, especially the movement of the eyes on some of the guys :D
It was a little dialog heavy for me (but that's just personal taste). I feel like I had to wait a while before choices became available.
Another thing I liked was the music for the menu screen! The sound effects were nice, too.
Image Image Image