Kigen no Monogatari [BxG][Supernatural] [update pending]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

Kigen no Monogatari [BxG][Supernatural] [update pending]

#1 Post by curry nochi rice »

Kigen no Monogatari formerly from Antarctica with Love, is a Visual Novel Project started in the summer of 2009.
Nanako, Hiromi, Maya, Tomoko, Kyo

GAME INFORMATION
tag spam: Visual Novel, Student Heroines, Student Protagonist, School Life, Infodumping, Slice of life
number of playable characters: 1
number of dateable character: 4
number of paths: 12
length: possibly 200000 words
Development Page
Main Blog

STORY:
The story follows the pov and life of a 22nd Century student Kyo Nakahara as he is surround by the not so normal people, and surroundings of the 22nd Century.

MAIN CHARACTERS:

Nanako Asegawa
Nanako is currently Kyo's girlfriend. A rather shy girl, Nanako never fails to cry over her own mistakes.
She is a magician capable of performing powerful spells.

Hiromi Aoki
Hiromi is Kyo's first love and childhood friend. She is quiet, yet harsh to people that show their affection to her. Hiromi is a rather capable "naturalist", with her ability being "energy direction."

Tomoko Oniyama
Tomoko is Kyo's other childhood friend. She is clumsy, and often makes mistakes. She is very dedicated to her role as Izumi's older sister figure. She is a rather poor magician. She is unable to use vocal spells. Her ability is rather limited to using off-the-shelf spell cards.

Maya Miyamae
Maya is Kyo's best friend. She is very athletic, and plays both online games and sports. Maya and Kyo first met in an online game, and the two of them were "institutionalized" because of their social withdrawal syndromes... because of this, they finally met in person.

SECONDARY CHARACTERS
<more to follow once art is available>

CREDITS:
SilentSysteme for the sprites
Otakumi for the original character art
JunProject for the backgrounds ~

Harris, Rahesa for the music
Nikolas for the programming
Last edited by curry nochi rice on Fri May 16, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 43 times in total.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: [WIP] Project Delta

#2 Post by LVUER »

The art is good! I'm gonna waiting for this one.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

hikaouji

#3 Post by hikaouji »

wow! looks interesting!^^ the drawings reminds me of school rumble and clannad. Hope to see more of it!

iAsobu
Regular
Projects: [TBA]

#4 Post by iAsobu »

Sounds interesting.

Also, "愛の南極大陸から" seems to look like "from the love of Antarctica". I think it would be "愛で南極大陸から", just changing the の to で, but I'm not completely sure.

IceD
Veteran

#5 Post by IceD »

Glad to finally see this thread! I hope you manage to finish this, although I find this story a bit amusing to some extent. Could you explain why you've chosen antarctica and Japan? I just can't cope with this whole idea of evacuating so many people from one place to another - it's a bit unrealistic. Is it somehow connected with the story?

Other than that, I'd like to point this out:
curry nochi rice wrote:Maya Nohara - Kyo's online buddy who is an otaku and an ex-borderline hikikomori... she suffers from a lot of emotional conditions. She's outgoing and active....
I hope you know what being a hikikomori is. Even if ex-borderline (those are really rare cases), such person can't be active not even talking about being outgoing. Even if she somehow managed to get out from it (which isn't simple, beacuse borderline hikikomori's tend to completely isolate themselves from their past enviroment; Being out of it propably means she sustained somekind of a terrible shock which made her life upside down. Treatment takes many years and is hard, especially if without realisiation of such person), I'd still be catious from making her such kind of a character. Instead, I'd make her a bit still on the "edge", with hopes of finding new friends and starting new life, unless you already plan something similiar for her :)

I love the art. Character concepts look great, if not a little crooked here and there but that's not a problem, at least from my point of view :)

I wish you good luck on this!

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by curry nochi rice »

IceD wrote:
Other than that, I'd like to point this out:
curry nochi rice wrote:Maya Nohara - Kyo's online buddy who is an otaku and an ex-borderline hikikomori... she suffers from a lot of emotional conditions. She's outgoing and active....
I hope you know what being a hikikomori is. Even if ex-borderline (those are really rare cases), such person can't be active not even talking about being outgoing. Even if she somehow managed to get out from it (which isn't simple, beacuse borderline hikikomori's tend to completely isolate themselves from their past enviroment; Being out of it propably means she sustained somekind of a terrible shock which made her life upside down. Treatment takes many years and is hard, especially if without realisiation of such person), I'd still be catious from making her such kind of a character. Instead, I'd make her a bit still on the "edge", with hopes of finding new friends and starting new life, unless you already plan something similiar for her :)
I've got to admit... I think i made a mistake on that one... it just came out of my mind and i wrote it in the script... though there is a reason for her "recovery".... though she already has been regarded as "recovered" she did it under 6? years...

Thanks guys, we're only a two-man team here for now, it might take some months to finish...
I wanna be done.

dstarsboy
Veteran

#7 Post by dstarsboy »

The art looks great on this one! I can't wait!
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by curry nochi rice »

Statistics: (As of Day 2 AM Time Frame)

The game contains 1004 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 7962 words,
for an average of 7.9 words per screen.
The game contains 10 menus.

once the character sketches are done, we might need artists.... and a colorist/inker....

@iAsobu

got your correction... It's okay enoug for google and babel fish...
thanks...
Last edited by curry nochi rice on Thu May 20, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wanna be done.

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#9 Post by cloudyssky »

I'd jump on as an artist if I was any better than your friend there. If you keep doing this into the summer then I'll be free to do some BG art for you if you need it.
This really looks good and I'm waiting right here until you release it.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#10 Post by Chansel »

This sounds like a very interesting idea for a story ^^
Count me in as interested.
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by curry nochi rice »

cloudyssky wrote:I'd jump on as an artist if I was any better than your friend there. If you keep doing this into the summer then I'll be free to do some BG art for you if you need it.

you mean you can do some sprites???

I'll keep that in mind, but summer there is already school time here.... hehehe... thanks anyway, I might need some BG's drawn if the team can't find free to use pics of Antarctica.... once they go out of the settlement, the story would involve a lot of snow and black and white terrain....
Last edited by curry nochi rice on Thu May 20, 2010 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wanna be done.

number473
Regular
Projects: The Duke's Daughter

Re: [WIP] Project Delta ~From Antarctica with love~

#12 Post by number473 »

Antarctica!
I extremely approve *stamp*

And the art looks good so far, will be keeping an eye out for updates.
Mental weather report: Cloudy with a possibility of brain storms.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [WIP] Project Delta ~From Antarctica with love~

#13 Post by curry nochi rice »

RECRUITING:

Artist/Designer...
someone who could derive the poses/expressions from that simple concept art the lead artist has made.... someone who could follow or derive from that art-style....

and the colorist/inker...
it could be the artist or another different person...

really....
PM me for those who are interested....
I wanna be done.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: [WIP] Delta ~From Antarctica with love (Artist needed)

#14 Post by azureXtwilight »

Nice game you have there! I adore the beautiful art. Good luck on this!

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#15 Post by cloudyssky »

curry nochi rice wrote:
cloudyssky wrote:I'd jump on as an artist if I was any better than your friend there. If you keep doing this into the summer then I'll be free to do some BG art for you if you need it.

you mean you can do some sprites???

I'll keep that in mind, but summer there is already school time here.... hehehe... thanks anyway, I might need some BG's drawn if the team can't find free to use pics of Antarctica.... once they go out of the settlement, the story would involve a lot of snow and black and white terrain....
Yea I could possibly get some badly drawn sprites for you. But warning, it'd be my first real attempt at them, so I wouldn't count on me for good art. I could get it done for sure, just not well.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}