School's Out! GxB / GxG

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: School's Out! GxB / GxG

#106 Post by Aleema »

I really am very happy with your GUI, and everything I was making was crap. You'd be much more pleased with your own work, anyway, and I think you've really improved since I last saw your GUI. :D

Cool to see the MC. Is she getting a custom sprite now?

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#107 Post by Chansel »

Ah, thanks for the kind words :)
And yep, Kimiko has her own sprite now. Once charmwitch is done with her the player will be able to give her different haircuts and clothes (as was the original idea) So I'm eternally gratefull to her for drawing Kimiko :3

I could still use you're help with implementing a closet system when she's done though. Since I have no idea where to even start... I'd totally understand if you're busy with RR these days and rather work on that. But you don't know untill you ask, right ;)
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#108 Post by VenusEclipse »

I saw your recent screenshot. The interface is nice. :D It looks like it's coming together. The background, sprite and text box matches each other quite well.

I'm looking forward to this game. ^.^
Last edited by VenusEclipse on Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#109 Post by Blue Lemma »

I agree, the interface looks very spiffy :) Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think the female-lead projects more often have a more aesthetic UI, and guys are more "just the basics"?
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#110 Post by Aleema »

You snazzed up your first post. Me likey.

Chansel
Veteran

#111 Post by Chansel »

@VenusEclipse: Thanks :) It’s good to hear you all like the new look.
@Blue Lemma: Yay, I’m glad you like it :3 Also, I think you may be on to something about girls and their GUI’s... I think we just want everything to be ‘pretty’ XD
@Aleema: Yeah, I thought it was about time to update the main page. Those big sprites were, well, too big >.> It looked good when it was just Sakuya, but now they just took up too much space. I shamelessly copied the style from RockRobins and Starlit Dream though :$

@Everyone:
So, I updated the first post again to show some more progress on the interface of the game :) The first version of the Daily Planner is up (the morning version, at least ;)), the Journal and so called ‘stats screen’ and the lovely shop Concept Aleema made for my Secret Santa.
All in all, it’s starting to look like an actual game!
Also, Eva Adams (Kimiko's mother) will make her first appearance on the LemmaSoft Forums in a few minutes ^^
Eva Adams is now viewable in the character list ^^

selenity136
Regular

#112 Post by selenity136 »

Eva is really pretty. I feel a bit sorry for the MC's dad at losing her :/. The front page looks pretty nice.

YukinoAi

#113 Post by YukinoAi »

I cant wait till theres a demo the game sounds great!11

Chansel
Veteran

#114 Post by Chansel »

The worst thing that could possibly happen to someone working on a computer just happend.
Yep. You guessed it. A total crash.

Now most people have a nice foul proof backup system. And well, I thought I had too. Apparently, I did not. Turns out that if your laptop catches some sort of virus there’s a good change all your backup files on your external hard drive, that’s been plugged in to your bugged pc, is suffering from the same virus. And if I plug it in another computer, there’s a good change that it’ll get the virus from my external hard drive. So now I’ve delivered both my poor laptop AND my external hard drive (which was my backup system) to our local computer shop and it’s fingers crossed to see if they can fix it or not.
The guy told me to have little hope.
Just. Freakin. Great.

So now all that’s left of School’s Out! (not to mention ALL my other stuff) is whatever I posted online. And that’s not an awful lot.

Anyway, I’m still going to complete the game because I desperately want to (and because I’ve put down some hard cash for it already ^^”)
Just know that this is a major set-back. Both because I lost ALL my files and because this is a major motivation breaker. It’s not fun do have to write/make/do everything all over again.

So fear not, the game WILL be finished.
Just not anytime soon ^^”

And before anyone asks, I don’t know what virus it was. The guy told me, but after the words ‘computer virus’ I started panicking and have thus forgotten nigh everything he said besides “we’ll probably not be able to salvage much”

On the plus side, chances are I’ll get a completely cleaned up laptop back with nothing on it besides Windows. So it’ll be a lot quicker than it was before.
(That’s me trying desperately to find a silver lining)

Xx
Chansel

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#115 Post by Snowflower »

This looks fabulous. I love the art (AYeee Sakuya issss gorgeous XD )
I hope you finish fast because I'll definitely be waiting.
& I love how customized your game is (window, boutique, action pages, etc)
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#116 Post by PyTom »

Chansel wrote:And if I plug it in another computer, there’s a good change that it’ll get the virus from my external hard drive.
That's only true if the computer is running the same OS. A reasonable thing to do would be to boot your computer from an Ubuntu usb-drive, then use Ubuntu to copy the files from your backup drive. Certainly, be sure that the computer guy does not format the backup drive.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#117 Post by Aleema »

PyTom wrote:
Chansel wrote:And if I plug it in another computer, there’s a good change that it’ll get the virus from my external hard drive.
That's only true if the computer is running the same OS. A reasonable thing to do would be to boot your computer from an Ubuntu usb-drive, then use Ubuntu to copy the files from your backup drive. Certainly, be sure that the computer guy does not format the backup drive.
Yeah, I totally just told Chansel the same thing. The spiel these repair guys give are the same for every customer. "I dunno. Looks like everything is gone. We'll see if we can salvage anything ... That'll be $500." Make sure you have control over anything destructive they're doing.

Chansel
Veteran

#118 Post by Chansel »

Ah, so there is hope for me yet!
That sounds good. I'll give them a call first thing in te morning.

Thanks for giving me hope again :)

Nagu

#119 Post by Nagu »

Chansel wrote: @Nagu: Ah, thank you :) I’m quite proud of EriDaiho’s artwork. She’s an amazing artist. And, speaking of good artists, your signature says you’re looking to work on a Otome game? Well, I’m making an otome game. And I’m looking for an artist to do Kimiko’s art (1 pose, 5 expressions, several outfits (shirt and pants on separate layers) and several hairstyles). Hmm… Maybe, if you’re interested, we could work something out? ^^
omfg i'm so so so sorry for the freakin' late reply D:!!! *feels ashamed to hell xD*
but as i see now your already found another artist, that's simply great!
also wish you luck with that virus thingie
keep it up :D
Working on my own VN right now. wohoo! :D
http://nagusame.deviantart.com
SOMETIMES my english is really awful.
Pero hablo y escribo español xD

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#120 Post by sheetcakeghost »

This looks so neat! No wonder the other ladies want to see it get finished so much! Well, you know you've got my pen if you need it, Chansel!