{ HIATUS } Les Étoiles Brillent Pour Vous -- Otome Game :D

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
aestate
Regular
Projects: Twinkle Twinkle

{ HIATUS } Les Étoiles Brillent Pour Vous -- Otome Game :D

#1 Post by aestate »

Greetings, all. ;D This is an otome game that I've been planning for a while. (i.e. since I've begun lurking around this forum. Haha)
...Honestly, I'm not much of an artist, writer, nor programmer, so please be gentle. xD

* the main menu, currently. It'll be made spiffier ...one day.

Information

Title Les Étoiles Brillent Pour Vous { "The Stars Shine For You" }
Genre Romance / School Life / Slice-of-Life
Summary 16-year-old Alis is part of The Astrology Club, a group of oddballs who set up people based on their astrology signs. With the (MAJORLY EPIC, SUPER-COOL) school dance fast approaching, Alis is (kind of) excited to snag a date. But with whom...? The cutesy, boy-next-door Riley? Maybe the bold, moody and mysterious Zach? Or perhaps flirtatious Manami...? { more characters might be added ;D }

And just a bit of an explanation to the completely cheesy and clichéd plot line:
I'll write a more deep and meaningful story later on, but at the moment, I think this plot would be simpler for my first game.
...And because otome games are fun. LOLOLOL.

* there's going to a bit of mini introduction to the astrology signs. (As in, a menu-ish thing. Not some long, long sequence that the reader will have to sit through. LOL.)

--------

Characters :'D

More info to come. (i.e. blank spaces to be filled in when I'm not being lazy / studying for exams D: / etc.)

Riley Bellamy, the cute and adorable leader of the Astrology Club. Very pokeable. He brings his stuffed bunny everywhere he goes, in his school bag. What's its name? Nobody knows. He calls it "Bunny", but that's not really a name, is it? It's more like a nickname. That's how Riley is... he never really calls anyone by their actual name, and just gives them the most ludicrous nicknames. Not that he'd ever reveal this to you, but Riley would only call the person who means the most to him, by their actual name. Riley is straightforward, and when he talks, he just gets to the point. He's blunt and usually says the wrong thing at the wrong time, but because he's also so clueless, he doesn't realise it.
Riley wrote:Ehhh, you hurt Bunny's feelings! ...Don't worry, Bunny-bun, don't listen to this meanie! "Bunny" is a real name!

The unofficial leader. When things get really stressful, Zachary Yang just completely freaks out and takes over. (He's really the secretary, btw.) He's a literature nerd and is always in the midst of reading three books in the same time period. Although he acts cool and nonchalant, he actually is as emotional as a fangirl at a Super Junior concert (kpop ftw!) and frequently writes spazzy entries in this generic black notebook he carries around all the time. Zach also likes reading chicklit. His excuse is that it's an experiment "to better understand the complex mind of the human female".
Zach wrote:OK GREAT. Now the world knows everything about me! While you're at it, why don't you just reveal to everyone my glasses prescription and my clothing size and where I live and my teddy bear's name and my brand of shampoo and *rambles on*.
* HAHAHA, this is Manami. :'D An actual sprite will be coming soon.

Actually, no one really knows what Takashima Manami's role in the club is. He just kind of hangs around. Which is really an apt description for his character: he's some sort of weird person who just grows on you. Like a weed. One day, you'll notice Manami there and before you know it, he'll be this central part of your daily interactions. It'd be creepy except he's too amusing for you to be disturbed. He makes the worst jokes and puns ever, and often writes down amusing moments of his life, sharing them with random people. He'll flirt with anyone--and really, anyone. He's not limited to females because that's how he rolls. ;D NOTE: his name is comprised of two characters meaning "love" and "beauty". xD
Manami wrote:Mou~Your words hurt me!! ...Speaking of "hurt"--did it hurt? ...when you fell down from heaven?

Ha. I hope there isn't some unwritten rule about how many images you can have. D:

Please tell me what you think~
Last edited by aestate on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
tumblr.Umbrella Cookie.dA.
Current Project: Twinkle Twinkle.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: { WIP } Les Étoiles Brillent Pour Vous -- Otome Game :D

#2 Post by MaiMai »

Super adorable French title immediately grabbed me. Cute art and otome storyline is also a plus. Wishing you luck and hoping to see this finished!
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

IonicMomo
Regular
Completed: Mail Order Bride
Projects: Untitled GxB game

#3 Post by IonicMomo »

Wow, this is beyond cute! Everything about this looks cute: the astrology theme, the art, the plot summary...
You'll find a lot of support here...and if you ever need help, just ask. :D
Current Project: Untitled GxB Game, Untitled NaNoRenO 2011
Completed Projects: Mail Order Bride

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#4 Post by azureXtwilight »

Wow! It's such a nice game! Thanks for sharing it to us!
Definitely rooting on this!

Zumi
Regular

#5 Post by Zumi »

EVERYTHING. LOOKS. SO. CUTE.
I will follow this. 8D

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by lepapillonrouge »

This is very Rouge-approved. :D

>D SO ADORABLE! I want to hug them!
deviantART
---------------------

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#7 Post by curry nochi rice »

I like French man...
I've been a fan of France since I was little....
good luck!
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Nanally

#8 Post by Nanally »

Yay a French title !! ^.^
I like the soft colors you are using, everything looks cute so far :p

I can't wait to see the other characters !
Keep up the good work !!!

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#9 Post by Chansel »

I agree with everyone who came before me.
It all looks so adorable and cute ^^
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by gekiganwing »

I don't know if you're aware of this, Aestate, but many years ago, there was a video game that also featured a female main character named Alis. (And back in 1987, there were barely any female leads!) It was called Phantasy Star, and it was the beginning of an eastern RPG series.

That aside, good luck with your project!

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#11 Post by sake-bento »

I feel much more proud of myself than I should for understanding the title. : D (I've never studied French, so...)

That side, this looks like a very cute piece. The soft style of coloring you use reminds me of Honey and Clover, and I loved Honey and Clover. The astrology chibis are also very cute~

Zanahoria
Regular

#12 Post by Zanahoria »

This looks all kinds of amazing! :D

I'm looking forward to it! ^^

aestate
Regular

#13 Post by aestate »

Seeing comments on this topic made my day so much better! (:
It's like long weekend + nice comments = WHEE!!
...I say "Haha" and use emoticons wayyy too much. D:

-

@MaiMai Haha, thank you. ;D French makes everything sound a bajillion times cooler.
@IonicMomo LOL, thanks! I'm glad you find it cute...I actually have this inability to write actual serious stuff. D:
@azureXtwilight Yay! Thanks for your nice words. :'D
@Zumi Ooh, this is so exciting. Thank youuu. ;D
@lepapillonrouge That's so adorable! ("Rouge-approved"... hehehe)
@curry nochi rice Thank you! And me too~France and the French language is so fascinating. :3
@Nanally Oh wow, you're French! :3 ...Hopefully, my French isn't too fail. I'm Canadian, so I'm learning French at school. xD
I love using softer, lighter colours~ Thank you for your comments!
@Chansel Heehee thank you. (:
@gekiganwing Whoa! I didn't know that; it was totally a coincidence. (But a cool coincidence!) Thanks for the enlightenment?
@sake-bento LOL. xD Thank you! I loved "Honey and Clover" too. ♥
@Zanahoria I'm looking forward to it too. *feels lame* Hahaha.

alberte
Veteran
Tumblr: klaruga
Deviantart: Klaruga

#14 Post by alberte »

I consulted with my mom, who's native language is french and the title she said would be like: Les Étoiles Brille Pour Vous.

Your male characters from the orange sketch look the same, I really would have a trouble differntiaing them, and the hair clips in guys hair.. uhh, no, just no =w=.

But if there personality is just the definition of there signs.. that'd be kinda blah...
[X
I want to play it though, goodluck on it.

aestate
Regular

#15 Post by aestate »

@alberte That's strange--are you sure? "Étoiles" is plural, so the verb should be conjugated "brillent" (3rd Pl.) vs. "brille" (3rd Sing.), right? D: Do you mind asking your mother why...? Maybe it's some French thing "that works like that just because". xD
Ha, yeah, I fail at coming up with "innovative" hairstyles... I hope I don't have to resort to using hair colour to telling characters apart. And BUT I ENJOY RANDOMLY GIVING GUY CHARACTERS HAIRCLIPS (my OCs suffer so muchhh ;D).
Of course it won't be just that! (Ahem... I hope) That'd be boring because people have many layers! :'D Anyway, thanks for your comments! I'll keep them in mind.