[WIP] Red Thread

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Kyosuko
Projects: Red Thread(GXB)

[WIP] Red Thread

#1 Post by Kyosuko »

Genres:
-Fantasy/Historical/Romance/(slight)Comedy/(slight)Mystery/Gender Bender/Tragedy
Setting:
-Ancient Japan
Type:
-Adventure
Art:
-I'm not a good artist nor do I have a tablet so....XP.(It's not that good), I'll post them later...I guess or if anyone is glad to do it.... i'll also be glad to let them do it.lol
Story:
Kyoko is the main protoganist of the story. Her main goal is to find her twin sister who disappeared in their town after murdering their whole clan. As she searched for answers and her twin sister, she have met different kinds of people, letting her discover romance and leads her to a much more dangerous adventure with her haremfriends as they travel together and achieve each other's goal.

Note: This is a straight visual novel. No RPG or any others.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Characters:

Name: Kyoko Kamimura
Description: energetic and friendly but physically weak (she can't fight at all). She might not be beautiful like her twin sister but she is handsome a.k.a. pretty boy. She wears a male's attire as to make their journey safer(It's ancient Japan~ anything can happen)
Goal: Bring back her twin sister and learn the truth to why she resorted to such a thing.

Name: Ryoko Kamimura
Description: feminine and sickly. She is a popular beauty in their town that even the some people from the other towns will travel to their place just to see her beauty. Without known reason, she killed their whole clan and disappeared. Upon tracking her, you will found out she joined an unknown organization.
Mystery: Why did she kill her whole clan?

Name: Daisuke Yukimura
Description: your very own shouta friend. He is an example of the so-called "small but terrible". Daisuke will accompany you on your journey knowing that you are a weak small animal that would venture in the wild forest. Strong in nature but has no sense of direction. He bluntly says that he likes Ryoko but is it really?

Name: Souji Abe
Description: Hotheaded and arrogant. Souji is the youngest son of the elite family of Abe's. Daisuke and Kyoko met Souji as he was pursuing Ryoko and mistakenly thought of Kyoko as Ryoko(still, they're twins and 68% identical).
Mystery/ies: When the moon fulls, Souji disappears....why?
Why is he in dire to find Ryoko? (Is he in love with her?)
"I never saw him smile"--Kyoko.

Name: Yuki Todou
Description: You'll met Yuki when you reach Jimagawa. Yuki is a famous dancer that our gang save from a flock of perverts. She fall in love with Souji and eventually decided to join the gang. Cheerful and playful, she become close friends with Ryoko.
Mystery: Is she really a "she"?

Name: Fang Yu Hei
Description: Yu Hei is a Chinese merchant that you'll met in the forest. Being a flirt, no one buys anything on him. He joined you and your friends as he insist so. Souji and Yu Hei unexpectedly gets along each other.
Mystery: He seemed to know about the organization Ryoko joined.
Why does he always flirt?!

Name: Ranu Sukijanaiwanai Kiramekidondon teraikemenyarou
Description: Please just call him Ranu. He wants to be called by his full name but gosh, who could? Ranu is a former member of the unknown organization but quits. He is the default ending if you didn't get the dead ends or anyone's ending.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess that's all for now...

Will update very soon.
Last edited by Kyosuko on Mon May 24, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [WIP] Red Thread

#2 Post by Wintermoon »

You should be aware that there already is a visual novel called アカイイト, which is Japanese for "Red Thread".

Lanna
Regular

#3 Post by Lanna »

Normally I'm not into fantasy/historical, but since there is slight comedy involved and I like the characters judging from the descriptions, I'm looking forward to this! :D

Can't wait to see the art~ Especially of Kyoko, I think she's my favorite already XD

Headache
Regular

#4 Post by Headache »

I like Ranu's name. XDD The character descriptions are really hilarious too! Especially Yuki's. XDD Can't wait to see his true gender. From you character description, the person I REALLY like is Daisuke. I dunno why, he seems so manly and awesome and cute at the same time.

I just hope Kyoko doesn't have the normal shoujo personality like shoujo mangas... That'll be a total turn-off. :(

All the best in your new game! I hope you can find a good artist - maybe you can try Deviantart?

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#5 Post by Chansel »

This sounds like a very good idea/story =D
Good luck with making it ;)

One small tip though: perhaps you could try to find a proofreader? There were some (small) grammar mistakes in your post.
I'd do it myself if I could, but, alas. I make a lot of mistakes myself ^^"
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

Kyosuko

#6 Post by Kyosuko »

Wintermoon wrote:You should be aware that there already is a visual novel called アカイイト, which is Japanese for "Red Thread".
so i need to change the title??? that's a problem... but anyway red thread seems to be too dark for the story so maybe i'll rethink about the title. ( ^_^)a
Lanna wrote:Normally I'm not into fantasy/historical, but since there is slight comedy involved and I like the characters judging from the descriptions, I'm looking forward to this! :D

Can't wait to see the art~ Especially of Kyoko, I think she's my favorite already XD
Thanks! About the art, i'll do my best to post it as soon as possible. (^_^)メ
Headache wrote:I like Ranu's name. XDD The character descriptions are really hilarious too! Especially Yuki's. XDD Can't wait to see his true gender. From you character description, the person I REALLY like is Daisuke. I dunno why, he seems so manly and awesome and cute at the same time.

I just hope Kyoko doesn't have the normal shoujo personality like shoujo mangas... That'll be a total turn-off. :(

All the best in your new game! I hope you can find a good artist - maybe you can try Deviantart?
Haha. Ranus name is inspired by Yuu(who has an even more tongue twisting name) of Arabian's lost. About Yuki, hehe... it's as if you're clearly stating that she's a he(that has a possiblity, it's 50/50). Thanks for liking Daisuke! Actually, he's also my fave and i'm also tired from shoutas who are feminine so I made Daisuke stronger.

Don't worry about Kyoko... cause i'm seriously tired of those "my heart is beating so fast! why?" characters...-_- not mentioning characters who are so strong and gluttonous(especially female characters).

Thanks for the support. \\(^__^)//
Chansel wrote:This sounds like a very good idea/story =D
Good luck with making it ;)

One small tip though: perhaps you could try to find a proofreader? There were some (small) grammar mistakes in your post.
I'd do it myself if I could, but, alas. I make a lot of mistakes myself ^^"
Thanks for the advice. I'll try looking for one once i'm done with the most of it(it's pretty long).

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#7 Post by DrakeNavarone »

Kyosuko wrote:
Wintermoon wrote:You should be aware that there already is a visual novel called アカイイト, which is Japanese for "Red Thread".
so i need to change the title???
No, no you don't. Call it whatever you like.
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

Lanna
Regular

#8 Post by Lanna »

Yeah, if you like the title, do keep it ^^ Coincidences like that just happen. In the end it's really just a combination of two English words anyway.

And now you got me even more excited about Kyoko - I hate the kinds of stereotypes you mentioned too haha. (But apparently, not enough people do... These types of main characters are eeeeverywhere. :?)

Kyosuko

#9 Post by Kyosuko »

yipee~ I was already in the middle of rethinking of a new title when you said i don't have to! Thank you very much!!!

another update: Done with the sprite sketches! XD
(and will soon get a tablet!)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#10 Post by Aleema »

Kyosuko wrote:so i need to change the title??? that's a problem... but anyway red thread seems to be too dark for the story so maybe i'll rethink about the title. ( ^_^)a
Absolutely not. Multiple things can have the same title. They're not copyrighted, so have any title you think represents the story. When I saw your title, I was immediately reminded of what the red thread represents. I think it is perfect.

Also: I <heart3 historical Japan. I hope you do some research. :D

happysnowXD
Regular

#11 Post by happysnowXD »

wanna play
I'm gonna faint if you don't! >:D

namakemono-chan

#12 Post by namakemono-chan »

Is this dropped? It sounds interesting but there have been no updates...
my blog:Otome Science

Forgive the bad English, English is not my first language nor second; It's currently my 3rd language.