Magic Memoir WIP (I don't even KNOW)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Magic Memoir WIP (I don't even KNOW)

#1 Post by MaiMai »

I think there is something wrong with my head. I already have a slow project going along. BUT.

Summary:
"Do you want to be a witch?"

Amelia Steinbeck, a full grown adult witch, reminisces about her younger days as a student of magic-- The days where she struggled with the trials of love, loss, and the burden of responsibility she carries to this very day as a consequence of being bestowed great power.

Genre: Fantasy, otome (because we can't get enough of our silly romances), maybe action
Character Artiste: C'EST MOI C'EST MOI
Writer: SHIIIIIIIIIINJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Too brief? Damn straight. There will be at least three or four guys to pursue in this game as you play a no-nonsense literature loving redhead witch.

First, of the main protagonist girl (more otome!!11 oh how thrilling)
Name: Amelia Steinbeck
Age: As an adult, she looks like her middle twenties, as a teen she looks sixteen. Buuuuut....
Short Bio: Amelia is a teacher at Blackgale Highschool, and teaches AP Literature. (Advanced Placement for you non-American folks!). Her serious straight-laced face isn't the most friendly, but she's known to be a hard working teacher who looks out for her students. She is secretly a witch who has actually lived for a long time, so you can bet she's had her painful adolescent... Pain. Yeah. Basically, the story starts out with her as an adult, but then it will jump to her past self.

As a teen, she looks poker-faced at times, but she's actually rather sarcastic and gets frustrated at others easily. After many years of mastering magic, the younger Amelia has found life boring and mundane even with her incredible powers bestowed upon her. That is until the following events due to certain people starting with Briar...

Name: Briar
Short Bio: Briar is a quiet and expressionless young man... Who actually came from a magic rose Amelia had been tending for many, many years until an overflow of magic caused him to be created. Think Thumbelina, except a guy and full-grown. He basically IS a magic rose being if you wanted to get technical. Amelia names him and takes it upon herself to teach him about the world. You could say he's almost childlike, but he learns pretty quickly from just watching others.

Name: Adam
Short Bio: Adam is the new guy in town who quickly establishes himself as a 'Hunter of the Supernatural'-- that would include witches like Amelia herself who finds that she dislikes this guy pretty quickly since he seems to suspect her of having powers. He's friendly in his own way though, but not used to girls which is why Amelia's snarky attitude can put him off at times.

NEW!!!
Name: Micheal DeRosier
Short Bio: Micheal is a 'full-blooded' wizard unlike Amelia who was given her powers. He is considered an arrogant delinquent by Amelia. Micheal has a tendency to show up anywhere Amelia is (she calls it stalking) to challenge her in spell-casting since she has more skill than him despite her weaker magic. (If you can't tell, he's nursing a grudge basically.) Micheal gets especially riled up when Amelia calls him 'Michelle' on purpose. Despite the silly arguments between them, she doesn't totally hate him, and commends Micheal for his power.

And on that note, I will leave you folks with this terrifying GIF of Shia LeBouf enjoying the men that will be in this game. Because even he can appreciate them 8|

Last edited by MaiMai on Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

IceD
Veteran

Re: Magic Memoir WIP (I don't even KNOW)

#2 Post by IceD »

Nice idea. Lately, I haven't seen much VN's revolving around magical themed stories. Judging by characters looks, this will be something similiar to Sabrina or WITCH?

Either way, you've made quite a big progress with art! Nice concepts. I'm not big fan of WIP threads anymore, but I hope you'll suceed with this. Haha, this year will really seem a year of otome games :lol:

MaiMai
Yandere

#3 Post by MaiMai »

Yeah, similar to Sabrina, but with its own serious moments. It should still have some silliness though since I'm going to try my hand at writing humor. I noticed that when I try writing a cool story, I try to do something dramatic and dark when... I don't think that's actually my forte (i.e. Stained One which is why it's on hiatus >.>; )

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#4 Post by Aleema »

Your character art is so cute. <3 (And oddly familiar, lol) I am particularly impressed with Amelia.
And I always liked the Sabrina show and I'm a fan of drama, so I definitely want to see where this goes. :D

As always, if you need help, just PM me.

MaiMai
Yandere

#5 Post by MaiMai »

Yeah, might tweak Adam's design a bit, he looks a bit too much like a guy from an 18+ otome game O.O;; Yay, Aleema Approval *__* And I think I will be needing your help! Since I am a subpar programmer ahaha ;;

Rough drafting and Amelia's side sprites starts today! I have no work since projects at school are done +A+

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#6 Post by sake-bento »

Oh, Shia. Look how much you've grown.

That aside, Adam's design actually reminds me of Harima Kenji from School Rumble, especially after he ditches the facial hair. I very much like Harima, and I think he deserved much better than the girl he was pining after. >.>

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Briar screams, "I am sad."

Adam screams, "I am a badass."

Who do you think people will go for~? -shot-

Anyway, good luck. -_- I feel the pain of working on two things at the same time too.

(Actually, Briar reminds me of one of my characters. Then again, every other person seems to be reminding me of someone else these days.)
deviantART
---------------------

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#8 Post by Aleema »

MaiMai wrote:Yay, Aleema Approval *__* And I think I will be needing your help! Since I am a subpar programmer ahaha ;;
Count on me. :D
And there ain't nothing wrong with 18+ Otome guys. *winky, blinky*

MaiMai
Yandere

#9 Post by MaiMai »

@lepapillonrouge-- Hm, should make sure that Briar looks more innocent then! He's actually a really affectionate young man ;w;
@sake-bento-- Haha, I didn't notice that! You're right, he really does look a bit like Harima XD (I LOVE School Rumble)

Short character bios are up! And a sketch and character bio for the third and final guy, Micheal will be up :)

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by lepapillonrouge »

...GUY THUMBELINA! -shot-
He got upgraded. :3

And so did Amelia! I loved my AP Lit class. T_T I'm going to miss it very much.
deviantART
---------------------

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#11 Post by Starling »

This looks interesting~ I'm a sucker for framed storylines like this though XD

I like Briar... His design is adorableeeee~
lepapillonrouge wrote:...GUY THUMBELINA! -shot-
He got upgraded. :3
D: Now I like him moreeeee. Unfortunately if I played this I'd probably accidentally end up with Adam.. because I always mean to go for the cute one first but somehow end up with the one you're most likely to argue with.. maybe that says something about me >_>...
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

MaiMai
Yandere

#12 Post by MaiMai »

Third and final guy is up! Sticking with three, because anymore and I will die from drawing too much. Also, preview of the side sprite image for Amelia! (teen version, will work on Adult version soon since that should be easy)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#13 Post by azureXtwilight »

More OTOME!!

Oh wow~!
Cool!
I like Micheal :3

Blue Sky
Regular
Projects: The Perfect World, Mahou Shoujo Daisuki!

#14 Post by Blue Sky »

I... I love you.

This looks like a great game. I'll be looking forward to it! :)

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#15 Post by Starling »

Yes! Amelia is a redhead!... ... Red heads UNITE!!! (...okay so mine is dyed but so what D<)

And I like Michael, he is now my favourite XD
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)