Fantasia: Grand Finale [Hiatus]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Arisu

Re: Fantasia: Grand Finale (GXB, VN+RPG) NEW DEMO 1ST PAGE

#541 Post by Arisu »

Awh, that's sweet. And you're most welcome ^_^

I'll give some decent feedback on this demo once I've had some sleep. ^^;

And, ooh, forum link! *bookmarks it*

Edit: Demo feedback!

I'm sorry if any of these comments have already been made, but this topic has 37 pages now, so I might have overlooked something. I won't comment on Extras, (lack of) CGs or things like that. Because I know it's a WIP. Mhm.

In general: Overall, I really enjoyed it! The intro serves its purpose, but was perhaps a bit long. I do see why you want to keep as much info as possible, though, but perhaps things like where they went and such could be removed from the intro, and rather be brought up if the place is mentioned in-game. Len could possibly make a remark on it, remembering the name from the diary, for example. I really like the font, though. Pretty, while easy to read. Voice over singing? Sweet, who's the singer ^_^ The teaser at the end was... being a total tease! I need the full version noooow! xD I like the pet so far! (I don't have much to say about it yet, other than it seems like a fun feature).

Characters: Haha, I'm such a fangirl when it comes to your characters. Can't wait to see more of Thanos. It's kind of hard to give good feedback since it's only a demo, and there are so many of them, so it's kind of hard to "get to know them" well enough yet. But I have high hopes for the full version ^_~

Interface stuff: The message box was pretty. The font was a bit hard to read at times... perhaps adding a thin outline to it would make it more visible. Albel's name was kind of hard to read as well. Perhaps it's my monitor, though ^^; I liked the little chibi portraits in the message boxes. All the menus were really cute looking. The text "save screen" on the save screen (and the equivalent for the load screen) was a bit distracting though, imo. And I think the preference screen would benefit from less fonts. But, hey, that's just me and my love for minimalism. :3 The screens for overwriting save, loading and quitting were cute and amusing. I liked those ^^ One thing, though: the overwrite screen says "can't spit it again"... and I assume that should be "can't spit it out again". Adding status and inventory screens was a lovely idea. I like being able to get an overview. The message system was great too. I only wish there was a way to reply to messages somehow, to show the sender that you've read it.

Battles: I liked the battles. They were quite fun and a nice addition ^_^ It was straight forward and the layout was neat (with cute icons for the skills), and the victory screen was pretty. I really liked the combo skills; that was a fun feature.

Dialogue stuff: The story and dialogue is well written. I didn't pay super much attention to grammar and spelling, since I was too focused on playing ^^; So I'll just list the things that caught my eye.
After shooing away the mean bully girls the first time you run into them, Albel says "Your welcome, and sorry for earlier" Should be "you're".
Letter from Thanos: "I didn't stole the documents". Should be "steal".
Bugs:

The first time I did the tutorial battle, the game crashed and I got an error. I reloaded and tried again, without getting one, and I didn't encounter any other errors during the battles.

Code: Select all

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'pos' referenced before assignment

While running game code:
 - script at line 100 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/battle_engine.rpy
 - python at line 314 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/battle_engine.rpy.
 - python at line 1284 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\(demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/script.rpy.
 - python at line 454 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/anim.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Ashley\Desktop\Fantasia 3 demo 2\Fantasia 3 demo 2\_demo_v2__Fantasia_Momento_of_\(demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 260, in bootstrap
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Ashley\Desktop\Fantasia 3 demo 2\Fantasia 3 demo 2\_demo_v2__Fantasia_Momento_of_\(demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Ashley\Desktop\Fantasia 3 demo 2\Fantasia 3 demo 2\_demo_v2__Fantasia_Momento_of_\(demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Ashley\Desktop\Fantasia 3 demo 2\Fantasia 3 demo 2\_demo_v2__Fantasia_Momento_of_\(demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 234, in run
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Ashley\Desktop\Fantasia 3 demo 2\Fantasia 3 demo 2\_demo_v2__Fantasia_Momento_of_\(demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 558, in execute
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Ashley\Desktop\Fantasia 3 demo 2\Fantasia 3 demo 2\_demo_v2__Fantasia_Momento_of_\(demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale-win32\renpy\python.py", line 937, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/battle_engine.rpy", line 314, in <module>
  File "D:\renpy-6.10.2\(demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/script.rpy", line 1284, in dofoeattack
  File "D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/anim.rpy", line 454, in skill_anim
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'pos' referenced before assignment

While running game code:
 - script at line 100 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/battle_engine.rpy
 - python at line 314 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/battle_engine.rpy.
 - python at line 1284 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\(demo) Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/script.rpy.
 - python at line 454 of D:\renpy-6.10.2\Fantasia_Momento of Grand Finale/game/anim.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.10.2e
Oh, and...
When you go to the alchemy shop with Iggy and Fir, for the mission, and give the second potion to Fir, the animation of her running out will show, while her original sprite is still in place.
And I have a question:
The piano player is sometimes referred to as "they" or "them"... but it's only one piano player, right? Saying "they" or "them" indicates that there are more.
That's basically it. ^^; I'm sorry if I come off as negative for pointing out stuff, but I'm just trying to give constructive criticism to a game I'm sure will be heaps of fun (and probably dangerously addictive). I'm very curious, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next version. Keep up the good work! ^_^

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#542 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

oh man! i just finished the demo and oh god who knows how fast my heart was beating when Len's dreams about the Leingolds appear! and know im cursing myself because WHY DOES THE DEMO HAVE TO END!!!!!!!!! okay..im not mad at azurextwilight but...............ahem nevermind GGOOODDD LLUUUUUUCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#543 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you for the feedback! I'll see what I can do :D
However, in game the story will twist and turn so all in the intro are necessary for me to write :D

P.S : 'them' as in I am going to make some kind of riddles with that. Ohohoho.

I am glad you are looking forward to the games, you gave me full motivation!

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#544 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

the demo is awesome and the main menu........i wonder if that black haired person is valen oooooooh and wat if valen is Len's real mother............... by the way where did you get the themes can i download it?

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#545 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

the demo is awesome and the main menu........i wonder if that black haired person is valen oooooooh and wat if valen is Len's real mother............... by the way where did you get the themes can i download it?

chelxoxo
Regular
Projects: Fantasia RoT novelisation, editor for Fantasia 3... and a secret :p

#546 Post by chelxoxo »

'They' can be used as singular when we don't know the gender of a person (or the number of people, but in this case this doesn't stand as we know it's one person)... as in we *don't know* who is playing the piano, therefore we cannot use 'he' or 'she', so we use 'they' as a singular pronoun. :B
Turns out my unicorn was a donkey with a plunger stuck to its head.

AqwaGaudian

#547 Post by AqwaGaudian »

nero279 wrote:the demo is awesome and the main menu........i wonder if that black haired person is valen oooooooh and wat if valen is Len's real mother............... by the way where did you get the themes can i download it?
You know, I was thinking that Len is the reincarnation of the former Goddess of Birth. You know, the one lady from the first Fantasia game who died in the second. I figured that she’s also connected to Cheryll, who I think is he black haired person, since she keeps having past flashes. Thanos also mentioned something about only one immortal who could enter because they didn’t have the red eyes which would be Cheryll. It would make sense because I'm guessing if you don't get the ending with the researcher he goes back to earth and he'll probably need her help or something

...Her name is Cheryll right? I can't remember if thats how it spelled...
Last edited by AqwaGaudian on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#548 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

that does make sense by the goddess of birth im sure you meant lady vestoria

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#549 Post by azureXtwilight »

It's Cheryl :)
That's one good theory, actually :D

But you don't hear me confirm anything~

AqwaGaudian

#550 Post by AqwaGaudian »

XD that’s not nice. You’re totally leaving me hanging here.
Oh well, I can wait for you to finish
T-T
oh the pain of having to endure~
:wink:

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#551 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

i wasn't expecting that was cheryl since i thought from the menu she was wearing black or was that her hair??????????
and yes OOOOOOOOOH THE PAIN of waiting
YAY LOVE U GRAY-MAN AND GREEN-MAN THANOS XD

AqwaGaudian

#552 Post by AqwaGaudian »

Huh good point...oh well, time will tell.
Okay two things have been confusing me...
Why is it that some of the characters take on their maternal surnames ad some take on their paternal?
Like how Nero Vanguardion is the descendent of Raven who is the son of Gil Roughknight while Forte Xaverius is the descendent of Ceil Xaverius.

And more importantly: the little avatars of the boys in the lower corner shows how much they like you right? If there is a vein it means they dislike you, "..." Means they think your okay, and Thanos' crossbones and skulls means he hates you? Because for the longest time I thought that's those where their emotions while talking, but it didn't make much sense...

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#553 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

why does this demo have multiple parts? O_O

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#554 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

i've also been thinking actually if Aldius the god of life has an incarnation (if AqwaGaudian's theory about incarnation of birth is Len is correct)
then what if it's another character(Aldius's incarnation) who sneaked into the guild? at first i thought that it was Oswald but then i forgot that red
eyed immortals couldn't come in and suspecting from the dialogue during their lunch "Damn it" and the "where the hell" it couldn't be a girl or maybe
Oswald found a way into the guild DUNNO just my guess

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#555 Post by sayuri »

Elemental-Butterfly wrote:why does this demo have multiple parts? O_O
Because the entire file would be too big to download/upload at once.