Fantasia: Grand Finale [Hiatus]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Fantasia: Grand Finale (GXB, VN+RPG battles)

#46 Post by Aleema »

shahab96 wrote:About the battle engine (no disrespect to Aleema....sorry Aleema) why not use the one Jake made? Even though it's still an alpha release, I found it to be very easy to customize (I made my own battle in 10 mins, including making the battle sprite. 1 sprite for the whole battle since my drawing's not all that awsome.) with multiple battle types. (Again...sorry Aleema, it's just a suggestion i mean no disrespect.)
It's not disrespectful, it's just a weird question. o_O Why would she change battle systems for no reason, if she already has one? The real reason is because I built her engine from the ground up for her specific game (and it was done quickly), rather than one that's meant to serve every game. Battles are quick and easy, and even better, are easy on the eye. I'm proud of what I did in a weekend. It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it's what azure asked me to make. ^^

On the dog-cat issue, I like dogs, so I would hate to beat them up. xD

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#47 Post by Coren »

Hmm, then I'll prefer a cat a little bit more. XD

And heh, that's the Mii-chan I know! XD

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

#48 Post by CaesMRaenes »

How about mixing the two ideas and make something in between? Though, the first thing that hits my head is a fox-like thing or a leopard-like creature. :/

Personally though, I could see Lenarche with a cat, even though I would choose a dog if given the choice. But I like parakeets if that answers anything. XD
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#49 Post by Riviera »

I love cat pets, so a cat'd be awesome.

Could always go the route of having a small, fluffy, furry little critter that COULD be a cat.. or a dog.. or a rabbit? The heroine isn't really sure. She just calls it a cat/rabbit/dog and calls it good. It could lead to jokes later. Or not. Could even leave the gender a mystery.

guy: Nice pet!.... What is it?

heroine: SHE'S A CAT!

other guy, at the same time: HE'S A DOG!

yet another guy, also at the same time: SHE'S A HAMSTER.

everyone else but guy #3: What..?

guy: Forget it.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#50 Post by azureXtwilight »

I decided to make it neither animal, maybe some kind of a mythical animal. :)

I am now making the first mission. Enjoy seeing different storylines for the same mission. :D
By the way, if I am going to release a demo, what do you want to see in it? I mean of course all the battle and such I mentioned in the first page, but what else?

jadacamilla
Regular

#51 Post by jadacamilla »

mythical....you mean dragon....or like phoenix??? I'm sorry I don't make sense. @~@

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#52 Post by azureXtwilight »

Something like that...
And maybe it has wings... :3

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#53 Post by lepapillonrouge »

...you know, azure, I just got finished with Cain's Best Path right now, I finally get online, and I see this.
WHAT THE HECK.

My jealousy flows with a heat of a thousand suns -shot-

Gosh, I don't know who to pick anymore. I mean, I was going to go for Zephy because he looks like Sync -shot- and now I want to go for Avalon because he looks like Yuri from ToV -shot again- and I wonder how the crap are you going to do eight guys plus the mission thing XD. Wow.

I demand a crossover mission. With whatever other game you'd like. -coughminecough-

But for real...
Maybe you could do a joke mission like they did in Tales of Graces where all the guys have to perform in a play...or something. Crossdressing is a plus. Love rival battles is a plus. Actually, love rival battles should be necessary. LOVE RIVAL BATTLES! -shot-

I love that line. XD
deviantART
---------------------

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#54 Post by azureXtwilight »

lepapillonrouge wrote:...you know, azure, I just got finished with Cain's Best Path right now, I finally get online, and I see this.
WHAT THE HECK.

My jealousy flows with a heat of a thousand suns -shot-

Gosh, I don't know who to pick anymore. I mean, I was going to go for Zephy because he looks like Sync -shot- and now I want to go for Avalon because he looks like Yuri from ToV -shot again- and I wonder how the crap are you going to do eight guys plus the mission thing XD. Wow.

I demand a crossover mission. With whatever other game you'd like. -coughminecough-

But for real...
Maybe you could do a joke mission like they did in Tales of Graces where all the guys have to perform in a play...or something. Crossdressing is a plus. Love rival battles is a plus. Actually, love rival battles should be necessary. LOVE RIVAL BATTLES! -shot-

I love that line. XD
Ah well, Zephyr is actually inspired by sync -shot million times-
Crossdressing seems nice, but I didn't play Tales of Graces, care to explain?

Aha, you are quoting Raven.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#55 Post by sayuri »

It's a Chimera
http://www.toyvault.com/herebemonsters/ ... 0Large.jpg
Jkjk

I'm guessing Alviss and Avalon are twins? I. Love. Twins. Now I love you for putting them in a game ^^. Even if they are just look-a-like brothers I'm happy! I really like Forte, I wanted to date Vahn in RotA so that makes me happy. I also really like Zephyr. If it weren't for Thanos, I'd totally pick him to be the main guy. I've pretty much figured out who's parents are who's except for Zephyr and Nero. I want to say Cain/Valen but I'm not sure. Brain hurts :P. Anyway, if you need a proofreader I'd be more than happy to help! It seems that you have quite a few volunteers already but the offer is there. Good luck!

*EDIT*

I just thought of a mission. You are asked to find this crazy old lady's cat that has gone missing. You search the forest and her little kitty is really a sorcerer in disguise trying to spy on the old lady who was a powerful sorceress before she lost her mind. The situation is pretty hopeless though and the sorcerer tried to run away, tired of being treated like a pet. The party must defeat the sorcerer in kitty form and bring the lady back a different, less evil cat.

Aka-kami
Regular
Projects: A long-ish project. Will probably make a WIP thread when it's 50% done.

#56 Post by Aka-kami »

HOMG you work fast.

D:

anyway, mission ideas?

hmmm... You could try something like a "level up mission", where the mission gets you to a higher rank (like, from novice to semi-expert... Or something that branches out to a certain job class), something like collecting different parts for your new weapon.

Also, you can try babysitting. IDK

How about a mission where in criteria is also important? Something like, try to defeat monster X within a certain number of attacks. (this could force the player to level up more)

OH. OH... Something like finding a woman's lost son or something.

...I'm running out of ideas... Sorry, i'm not really creative D:

*gets back to lurking*
See ya.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#57 Post by azureXtwilight »

I'm guessing Alviss and Avalon are twins? I. Love. Twins. Now I love you for putting them in a game ^^. Even if they are just look-a-like brothers I'm happy!
Well, fortunately, they are :mrgreen:
I really like Forte, I wanted to date Vahn in RotA so that makes me happy. I also really like Zephyr. If it weren't for Thanos, I'd totally pick him to be the main guy. I've pretty much figured out who's parents are who's except for Zephyr and Nero. I want to say Cain/Valen but I'm not sure. Brain hurts

Oh, Zephyr's father is Helberg Vanguardion, Ian's great grandson, the guild leader. And nero's father is Raven's descendant. However, his mother is Helberg's sister.
I just thought of a mission. You are asked to find this crazy old lady's cat that has gone missing. You search the forest and her little kitty is really a sorcerer in disguise trying to spy on the old lady who was a powerful sorceress before she lost her mind. The situation is pretty hopeless though and the sorcerer tried to run away, tired of being treated like a pet. The party must defeat the sorcerer in kitty form and bring the lady back a different, less evil cat.
Awesome idea!
Aka-kami wrote:HOMG you work fast.

D:

anyway, mission ideas?

hmmm... You could try something like a "level up mission", where the mission gets you to a higher rank (like, from novice to semi-expert... Or something that branches out to a certain job class), something like collecting different parts for your new weapon.

Also, you can try babysitting. IDK

How about a mission where in criteria is also important? Something like, try to defeat monster X within a certain number of attacks. (this could force the player to level up more)

OH. OH... Something like finding a woman's lost son or something.

...I'm running out of ideas... Sorry, i'm not really creative D:

*gets back to lurking*
Babysitting is already in my list :lol:
Thank you!

Lyyli
Regular

#58 Post by Lyyli »

You could also look at other games quests like from Morrowind and Oblivion: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Quests , http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Quests
It's a detailed and complete list of the games quests. You might get some inspiration for your missions from looking at them :)
Meep.

chelxoxo
Regular
Projects: Fantasia RoT novelisation, editor for Fantasia 3... and a secret :p

#59 Post by chelxoxo »

Maybe a mission with multiple parts, like a legend or something that they find out is real... searching different areas and finding more clues, like statues with cryptic messages and the like. And maybe some guardian demons to fight! :D And when they go to find whatever it is they're finding (perhaps in a grand cave hidden in the side of a mountain, with some hidden artifact in it that the other clues point to, or so they think) there's some big boss battle. Character, characters... you could make it so that the boy with the higest affection value along with an enemy are chosen to go along with Lenarche, for some laughs. :D
Last edited by chelxoxo on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Turns out my unicorn was a donkey with a plunger stuck to its head.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#60 Post by Riviera »

Yeah, I'd say just the highest affection person and their enemy/rival/whatever to go.

That could get really funny if it's used often enough...

boy 1: EVERY TIME something happens, I'm always stuck with YOU!

boy 2: Hey, I don't like this either!

boy 1 & 2: Image

Lenarche: God, it's like being a babysitter!
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples