Fantasia: Grand Finale [Hiatus]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Fantasia: Grand Finale (GXB, VN+RPG battles)

#16 Post by Riviera »

Ummm. Mission ideas..

Could always have a "Go kill rats" mission, as a parody of pretty much every rpg out there, and have some comments about it.

Finding a letter in a bottle and tracking down who wrote it?

Deciphering some runes/letters/diaries that were found that may help in the future? Whether they actually do help or not, you could set it up so that you learn a scrap of information needed to decipher it at different places (keystones?) or just have one of the characters talk to various people in different locations.. maybe doing favors for them in exchange for knowledge?

Helping to develop some towns or support the people within them? You can scrape up resources to help build houses/public places and such. I always loved it when you could visibly contribute to the communities in a game. Even if it was just cleaning up some farms and maybe putting up a fountain. Felt more meaningful to actually add a physical place/object to the game world.

Solve puzzles in a ruin/out of the way area. Could even make it a mini-adventure of its own, old fashioned adventure game style... do you pick door a or door b? Do you pick up the rope or light the candle first? A short, tiny dungeon crawl like that would be rather nostalgic. I'm thinking like The Dark Spire. :D

Producing things.. it's been brought up, but just doing some chores like shearing a sheep and spinning it into wool, or a small cooking system so you can make your own recovery items and perhaps sell the finished product. Could use the same system to make other items too, and getting these items would be easy mission ideas.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

SugarlessGiiRL
Regular
Projects: Starry Night Blues [GxB]

#17 Post by SugarlessGiiRL »

my, you guys are very creative :D
Last edited by SugarlessGiiRL on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageRecruiting!! If you're interested pls help

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#18 Post by azureXtwilight »

Riviera wrote: Finding a letter in a bottle and tracking down who wrote it?

Deciphering some runes/letters/diaries that were found that may help in the future? Whether they actually do help or not, you could set it up so that you learn a scrap of information needed to decipher it at different places (keystones?) or just have one of the characters talk to various people in different locations.. maybe doing favors for them in exchange for knowledge?

Producing things.. it's been brought up, but just doing some chores like shearing a sheep and spinning it into wool, or a small cooking system so you can make your own recovery items and perhaps sell the finished product. Could use the same system to make other items too, and getting these items would be easy mission ideas.
*writes down idea*
Running a farm is a good idea! :)
jadacamilla wrote:How bout substituting a bride who was kidnapped and need to be saved. It is such a coincidence that the bride has almost the same look as the heroine with a very few differences. Then on the wedding,
if this could ever happen, there could also be a scene where the guy with the highest affection was overwhelmed by jealousy then bahm! stops the marriage
the kidnapper came and tries to kidnap the heroine(becuz their real intention is the guy's bride not really the woman itself.) since the heroine can fight, battle begins and blahblahblah...... i know it sucks.lol. it's just a whim anyway ^...^
Ahahaha~
Sounds like a plan *writes*
:mrgreen:

I just made winners for the character contest, these are the winner.
First place will be a recruitable member, second place as enemy, third palce normal people.
:)

http://azurextwilight-rllz.deviantart.c ... /33010174/

shahab96
Veteran

#19 Post by shahab96 »

MAKE ALL THE GODS DIE!!!!!!!!!!!
YEAH THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
The true measure of a man is what he does with his power.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#20 Post by Coren »

Zomg yes! Main girl needs an evil twin. XD Or somebody who pretends to be her and wrecks havoc.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#21 Post by Coren »

Oh and I would like to be a proofreader, please. ;D Once you get the script done.

I'll be more than happy to do THAT PERSON's path, if you get my drift. :>

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#22 Post by Aleema »

Cool! A WIP thread! The characters all look sooo cool. <3 Way better than what I had in my head the whole time. xD

You'll get a pet!? ;_; I'm sorry, azure, but this game is like ten times more awesome than your others. Promise me you'll come to me if you ever need scripting/designing help (to get things to look like the battle GUI, or to change the battle GUI, etc).

FoxyYoko
Regular

#23 Post by FoxyYoko »

Yeeee , sounds exciting . I like all chacters expecially Shea and Albel ^...^

jadacamilla
Regular

#24 Post by jadacamilla »

azureXtwilight wrote:
Ahahaha~
Sounds like a plan *writes*
:mrgreen:
You mean you'll include it??? *jumps and squeals*
I wanna imagine how would my fave Shea stops the marriage and what would he reason! XDD
Well, IF you include it.lol

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#25 Post by azureXtwilight »

@Aleema: Yes! I plan to make a pet, and the way you care for it and the food you give determine it's battle stats.
Thanks for the help!
@Kirro: Oh yeah, THAT guy. I see. Heh. Heh. :)
@FoxyYoko: Hehehee. Guess there is another person who will be afraid of gals

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#26 Post by Victoria »

Pets! What kind of pets? =D
*I just love animals.*
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#27 Post by azureXtwilight »

I guess you can adopt a cute monster though...
Sadly, you won't be able to pick the appearance, you can name it, though.

Lyyli
Regular

#28 Post by Lyyli »

Yay! I came first in the contest?! I am so happy and chocked at the same time xD (I usually have bad luck with contests) I'm so happy! <3

About missions...
Maybe one where Lenarche has to find a sorcerer that has gone crazy for power?

Or a mission where every villager in a small village has disappeared and Lenarche has to look for clues for their whereabouts. And it turned out that it was slavetraders that had kidnapped everyone to sell as slaves?

Or a mission where Lenarche has to find a very rare beautiful flower growing in a hidden path for a love strucken man that wants to give it to his love?

Hahah, that was just some suggestions ^^'
Meep.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Riviera »

Could have missions of a sort for the pet.. having it sniff out things, learn tricks, help you and/or your friends train by posing as the monster (if it has special powers), giving the heroine opportunities to feel up the guys..
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

BondedWings
Projects: None, but I'm good for creating characters and plots

#30 Post by BondedWings »

I just thought of something REALLY funny, that Fir could do when Lenrache chooses her guy! :mrgreen:

Seeing as she's Lenarche's best friend and she wants the best for her; I was thinking, that when Lenarche leaves the room, Fir could threaten [love intrest] that if he doesn't take good care of Lenarche, she'll personally come and kill him! :twisted:

Then turning all sweet and innocent when Lenarche returns.
:lol:
Each guy could have different reactions to her treatment; from scared, shocked, pissed off, clueless, or complying!

I think it'd be really funny!