Starry Night Blues [GxB] (BG help!!)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Ren

Re: Starry Night Blues [GxB] (Recruiting!!)

#16 Post by Ren »

I'd say the first one, personally.

The contrast between the green/grey jacket and her hair and skin (cool against warm colours) helps in making her more interesting. The reason why the third one doesn't work so well: her eyes are too light and don't provide enough of a contrast to actually draw the attention to them (and we all know the eyes are very important!)

Also, on the criticism of the way you draw guys: I wouldn't worry too much for the moment - it seems to me that he perhaps looks a bit younger than he should, but he's till a much better attempt than many guys I've seen in VNs drawn even by well respected artists, here. :3 The chin could do with being less pointy, but you're already off to a very good start.
Try not to polish your lines *too* much, there's something about the sketchiness of them that is very charming and distinguishes your stuff and makes it more interesting.

Perhaps your lines could do with being a bit more "relaxed": try using the kind of drawing you showed here as a base, in your program of choice, and then lower the opacity of he layer it's on and go over the lines again, with smoother, faster gestures, without worrying too much if you get small bits you didn't plan to have. It'll give your drawings an even fresher look than they already have!

SugarlessGiiRL
Regular
Projects: Starry Night Blues [GxB]

Re: Starry Night Blues [GxB] (Recruiting!!)

#17 Post by SugarlessGiiRL »

Ren wrote: Also, on the criticism of the way you draw guys: I wouldn't worry too much for the moment - it seems to me that he perhaps looks a bit younger than he should, but he's till a much better attempt than many guys I've seen in VNs drawn even by well respected artists, here. :3 The chin could do with being less pointy, but you're already off to a very good start.
Try not to polish your lines *too* much, there's something about the sketchiness of them that is very charming and distinguishes your stuff and makes it more interesting.

Perhaps your lines could do with being a bit more "relaxed": try using the kind of drawing you showed here as a base, in your program of choice, and then lower the opacity of he layer it's on and go over the lines again, with smoother, faster gestures, without worrying too much if you get small bits you didn't plan to have. It'll give your drawings an even fresher look than they already have!
oh my, now that you say it they really look pretty young... :shock: but thanks a lot for the advises, i'll make good use of them!! :D
ImageRecruiting!! If you're interested pls help

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Starry Night Blues [GxB] (BG help!!)

#18 Post by Cain0425 »

wow this cool i want play it

machinist
Regular

#19 Post by machinist »

i like 2 anyway yay another GB

SugarlessGiiRL
Regular

#20 Post by SugarlessGiiRL »

thanks :D i have a lot of time today, so i'll try drawing guys again, sigh~

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#21 Post by sayuri »

Good luck! I really like your style, the only thing I have to point out is that the eyes seem to be opened really wide. Maybe it's because the entire iris is visible.

littleramyun
Regular
Projects: Don't Go Saiyuri!

#22 Post by littleramyun »

Hey SugarlessGiiRL, I've been trying to pm you but it hasn't been going through >.< Please send me your email addy. Thanks!
Indie Game Localization and Distribution

Doggy Nino
Regular
Projects: Crystal Hearts (Discontinued)

#23 Post by Doggy Nino »

Wow I love the girl drawings! This art style is very cool! Nino-chan supports you all the ways!!!
"In our world of big names, curiously, our true heroes tend to be anonymous. In this life of illusion and quasi-illusion, the person of solid virtues who can be admired for something more substantial than his well-knownness often proves to be the unsung hero: the teacher, the nurse, the mother, the honest cop, the hard worker at lonely, underpaid, unglamorous, unpublicized jobs." -Daniel J. Boorstin

SugarlessGiiRL
Regular

#24 Post by SugarlessGiiRL »

littleramyun wrote:Hey SugarlessGiiRL, I've been trying to pm you but it hasn't been going through >.< Please send me your email addy. Thanks!
i send you a email :D
Doggy Nino wrote:Wow I love the girl drawings! This art style is very cool! Nino-chan supports you all the ways!!!
thank you x3

celectis
Regular
Projects: Eternal Circle | something else in progress...

#25 Post by celectis »

I like your art and coloring style! : D I like the first but I kind of want to see a mix of the first and third style in coloring. A little darker with the outlines maybe? I love how you did the eyes for the third style really XD but if I had to choose, I'd go with 1 for clarity's sake.
ArtBlog:Image
Open for Commission~ PM for rates.

Lace

#26 Post by Lace »

wow this games looks cool ^^

cant wait till this gets out :D

oh and i like the 2nd one of the drawings
pink looks more femenine ;)

i would love to help but im too new ^^
maybe go to photobucket??? (im sorry if this doenst help at all)

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

#27 Post by kinougames »

The kanji you have there in the background of your game logo picture: 星夏夜
This doesn't mean anything altogether like that, and also, the middle character is "summer" and I am not sure if that is what you wanted it to mean.

(Altogether, it looks like three different words, or like you are trying to use the kanji for a made-up word. "Star", "Summer", "Night".)
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

haruka
Projects: Angel Academy, Ouran High(Fanmade Verison of OHHC)

#28 Post by haruka »

I can help....
I'm no Angel, but I've spread my wings a bit.

afu
Regular
Completed: \(^o^)/
Tumblr: afusushi

#29 Post by afu »

Good luck with this, the art (as everyone says) looks great! ^^ Looking forward to playing it!
(*´﹃`*) Commissions Open! Art samples: afuji.org
Looking to work on otome games~ (indie or commercial)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

WinterFall99

#30 Post by WinterFall99 »

i like the sketch on the first one and the color on the third one :D