The Aces - GxB vn in progress

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
LunaVampirePrincess
Regular
Projects: Hearts! LOVEly academy

Re: The Aces - GxB vn in progress

#46 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

1.AMAZING ART
2.FABULOUS STORY I LOVE THE HORRER+ROMANCE GENRE
3.CAN'T WAIT FOR IT 2 BE RELEASED!!!!!
Thank you for doing this!! Oh and are any of the boys mean? I hope not because they all look nice and I prrefer kind boys to mean ones lol.
Never underestimate anyone....... who knows what they're capable of.....

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#47 Post by Victoria »

I want to play this *.*
I absolutely love the main screen. And the art. And the idea.
I'm watching this thread from now on ^^
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

nefferinthia
Regular

#48 Post by nefferinthia »

This sounds so amazing and aesome and just YES! I really, truly this will get finished <3
And, and, Mister Ace of Hearts reminds me of Silver from the Pokemon games/manga! Which is a good thing <33

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

#49 Post by CaesMRaenes »

@everyone:
Thanks for the support and comments. Really motivating and very helpful in seeing where the range of opinions are. Deji, I'll look over the cards and try to draw them to fit the quality of the rest of the image. Azure, I'll look into imagemapping. I may end up drawing up a different version of the main menu if the design changes drastically.

Now for an update:
I am done with the basic skeleton of the story so I'll be scripting/finalizing roughs soon. Some of the characters have undergone change in design (I'll upload an example in the future) and the story has changed up quite a bit. Seriously. It's expanded to a good potential of 20 chapters (one or two major events per chapter) with at least 10 endings after I got rid of some excessive parts. The idea of incorporating "psychological horror" has turned out more secondary than the idea of it being a "mystery". There are plenty of things that will need to be changed and rearranged so it comes down to this.

I'm looking for a secondary writer (co-editor/writer) to help me along writing and scripting as well as organizing the story. HOWEVER, being that this is a secondary project that is in no need of an immediate attention, I will need someone who is willing to stick with me on this project even if the progress is PAINSTAKINGLY SLOW. Basically, a lot of downtime ranging from weeks to months. Also, communication is a perk. If we're going to be sticking together for awhile, we might as well be buddy-buddy, eh? :3

PM me if you're willing to take up the position. I'll need a writing sample of what you're capable of (anything written specifically for a VN scene) and a way to contact you besides board and e-mail (i.e. MSN, Skype, etc.)

EDIT:
Haha. I forgot to type this in too. Answering LunaVampirePrincess, here are the personalities and roles of the Aces:

Ace of Clubs - Intelligent, calm but unpredictable, Clubs is the brains of the group and the master of operations. He handles much of what regulates the Region, alongside the government stationed in the northern Region of Nord. He is also the one who holds up the barriers that protect the Regions from the Dead Lands.

Ace of Hearts - Playful, social but a flirt, Hearts is the leader of the group and is the public face of the Aces. He is often seen on television and, due to his frequent appearance, even has his own fanclub. He is responsible for emergencies and anything that the other Aces cannot hold up on their own.

Ace of Diamonds - Friendly, cheerful but emotional, Diamonds is the youngest and fastest in the group. What Diamonds does is regulate the Distributions for each Region and also deliver materials between Regions. He also regulates some of the interregional routes alongside Spades.

Ace of Spades - Strong, protective but aggressive, Spades is the strength and the fist of the Aces. He handles much of the repairs outside of each Region and, with Diamonds, regulates some of the routes. What he is often called for though is the elimination of monsters that crawl in from the Dead Lands.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#50 Post by Riviera »

I think me and Diamonds will get along smashingly. I've always liked cheerful characters.

The hints at big plot changes intrigue me. I like the mystery focus though, a good murder mystery (or just mystery) is always nice... wonder if we'll be playing detective at all? *dons sherlock hat and monacle*

Potential of 20 chapters sounds wonderful to me. I love reading. Lots of reading is like saying instead of just a chocolate cake, I get a super size chocolate cake. One that tastes amazing and has no calories. GLEE!

Change in character design should be fine. I like what art I have seen, I'm sure I'll like how they turn out. :)
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

LunaVampirePrincess
Regular

#51 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

First of All: YAY!!!!!!!!
Second of all: Kooool!!!!
I'm sooo happy none of the guys are REALLY mean like steo kaiba from yu-gi-oh (I really dislike mean ppl with BIG atitudes =P)
But I like Clubs the best!
This looks gr8 and I''m waiting 2 play it so good luck finishing it hopefully soon there'll be a demo!
(I have my fingers crossed) =D

ElementalButterfly
Regular

#52 Post by ElementalButterfly »

This looks awesome! i hope you complete it soon. =D

LittleSora10
Projects: Teach Me! (GxB Visual Novel)

#53 Post by LittleSora10 »

This looks really good! I'm loving the art work and the personalities. Spade seems more my type, :wink: Can't wait for the realese!!! :D

CaesMRaenes
Regular

#54 Post by CaesMRaenes »

lol Thanks.

I love how I have support in this thread. Being that the project will be undergoing a lot of growth and a lot of whatever, I decided to go and make a development blog. You can find it here and stay tuned to whatever else I have in-progress.

http://vaultinthesky.blogspot.com/

Currently there are a few posts and one of the Aces (redesign of the Ace of Diamonds) which also links back here. Now what I'm doing with this thread? I'll be turning it into my major announcement thread so any huge development will be posted here. And on that note:

icebluehost is now my co-writer and partner-in-crime. Yipee ky yay~ partner.

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#55 Post by icebluehost »

Thanks for the announcement and for welcoming me into your team XD We shall have tons of fun...*evil laugh*

maypaymusic
Regular

#56 Post by maypaymusic »

eek HORROR? I'm scared of horrors xD I mean I love the story lines and characters but if it's scary...i don't think I can take it xD but I'll still play it when it comes out though...:D so keep going with this!!
♥Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears...♥

LunaVampirePrincess
Regular

#57 Post by LunaVampirePrincess »

=D sooo happy 4 the october update but u ARE still doing this rite? cuz it seems so coolll =)
plz update on ur blog 4 novemer 2

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#58 Post by icebluehost »

@maypaymusic: So far from what CaesMRaenes and I discussed and from what I know of the story, it's not that horrifying or pure blood and gore. I think it's more dark than horror. Don't worry, I think you can still play it without feeling terrified ^^

As mentioned before, this wasn't going to be top priority on her list so she'll take her time in doing it. But if it's any consolation it's slowly making progress...emphasize on the word SLOWLY. XD

CaesMRaenes
Regular

#59 Post by CaesMRaenes »

Thank you, ice, for replying. You're a real partnah~ <3

@maypaymusic:
Ha ha. Oh no. I don't think it'll be that much horror that you wouldn't sleep at night. More or less, it'll be the kind that makes your head turn a little or make you cringe. Or as ice mentioned, dark. P: Depends on how the finished product turns out as my poor writing skills is getting uber-rightified by the grace of my lovely Vienna White-cough-partner. A lot of things to cheese out.

@LunaVampirePrincess:
I went, "Whoa. I like her. XD" when I read your post. Mmm, yes, the process is currently slow, like slow-slow but still under progress, but I will make more of an effort to post in the blog of my projects, what's being withheld, what's being updated and more news about what I'm involved in. I'll update some time in the next few days. P: Hoorah!

Thanks for still following me on this project. You guys are awesome!

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#60 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

The guys look so awesome ^O^