[WIP] Snow White & Rose Red [Fairytale GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
machinist
Regular

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red

#46 Post by machinist »

Starling wrote: That sounds amazingly adorable...
xD

oh and btw pretty start menu! and nice you got all members :O

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

#47 Post by Starling »

@mechnist: And it looks amazingly adorable as well~

OKAY! Epic news, I have finally finished Bear's sprite. This is the first animal that I've drawn seriously.. ever.. except for fish, so I'm rather proud of it. It took me like a week and a bit to figure out how to draw and the anatomy isn't 100% but with the amount of time I spent on him, he's done.

Now I'm on to work on Wolf~ And expect a fake screenshot of Bear sometime soon, because Kaorien finished his default background :D (and it's GORGEOUS).

Hope you like him~
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Lace

#48 Post by Lace »

@mechnist woah they got 5?
I only remember like 2 & 3 coming out :D

oooh the bear looks really nice starling ^^

Doggy Nino
Regular
Projects: Crystal Hearts (Discontinued)

#49 Post by Doggy Nino »

YAY!! BEAR SO COOL LOOKING!! *Starts to shreak like a helpless fangirl* XD
"In our world of big names, curiously, our true heroes tend to be anonymous. In this life of illusion and quasi-illusion, the person of solid virtues who can be admired for something more substantial than his well-knownness often proves to be the unsung hero: the teacher, the nurse, the mother, the honest cop, the hard worker at lonely, underpaid, unglamorous, unpublicized jobs." -Daniel J. Boorstin

Starling
Regular

#50 Post by Starling »

@Lace: Thankies

@Doggy: LOL I thought you might like that :3
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#51 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanahoria
Regular

#52 Post by Zanahoria »

Wooow this looks so cool! ^^

The bear is so adorable! :D

Starling
Regular

#53 Post by Starling »

Two weeks since I last updated :) A true sign that I'm actually working on this instead of just talking about it :D

Since I've hit a milestone writing wise and I know what I'm going to do for the Demo I thought I'd update with a breakdown on how much of it I have finished. I will update the first post with this as well:

Demo Progress
Overall: 26% Complete

Sprites: 50%
Backgrounds: 20%
Event Graphics: 0%

Script: 50%
Coding: 10%

I have pretty much finished writing the Static Novel portion of the game. I'm now going to focus on art and coding for a while.

This game is taking a lot longer than I thought it would when I came up with it at the beginning of the summer, but it's been godly satisfying and I don't see me losing pace anytime soon.
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Topagae

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit am

#54 Post by Topagae »

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordShiranai
Regular
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest

#55 Post by LordShiranai »

To be honest, I'm actually very much looking forward to this just because I remember this fairy tale from when I was like... three. For some reason the story has always been in the back of my mind.
Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Vermin Supreme.

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#56 Post by Der Tor »

Schneeweißchen und Rosenrot... CUUUTE... :D

I loved the story when i was a kid... i had it on tape and kept listening to it over and over (for lack of a TV back then :- )

I am kinda surprised that Schneeweißchens name in English is Snow White. Then how do you differentiate her from Schneewittchen whom i think is also called Snow White in English?

Anyway, so is this gonna be as commercial game? Cause quality wise it seems like it could become one?

LordShiranai
Regular
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest

#57 Post by LordShiranai »

Der Tor wrote:Schneeweißchen und Rosenrot... CUUUTE... :D

I loved the story when i was a kid... i had it on tape and kept listening to it over and over (for lack of a TV back then :- )

I am kinda surprised that Schneeweißchens name in English is Snow White. Then how do you differentiate her from Schneewittchen whom i think is also called Snow White in English?

Anyway, so is this gonna be as commercial game? Cause quality wise it seems like it could become one?
In some places I've seen Schneeweißchens be translated as "Snow-White." I'm not sure if the hyphen is an attempt to differentiate it between the more familiar Snow White (Schneewittchen), or just something arbitrarily done by the translator. Unfortunately, most people in the English speaking world will probably think of the Disney movie regardless of the hyphen.

Basically, the presence Rose Red is the main way to know which one it is without going into more detailed explanation. The title "Snow White & Rose Red" should hopefully tell people that this isn't the same Snow White as in "Snow White & the Seven Dwarves."
Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Vermin Supreme.

Starling
Regular

#58 Post by Starling »

I have also most commonly seen the hyphen, but in the end when it comes down to it a hyphen doesn't change it all that much, since it's often assumed to be a stylistic thing and not a translation thing. So the best way is, as LordShiranai said, to just always attach Rose Red to her.

Since this fairytale isn't as well known in America at least, though, it can be rather frustrating since the first thing out of anyone's mouth about it is to ask when Snow White had a sister, or something to that relation.

I'm glad you both are fans of the fairytale :D It's my favourite one hands down. I really hope that my adaption does it justice even with the changes I made to flesh it out.
Wow, really? XD No, it's not going to be commercial, but I take it as a huge compliment that you think that it's at the quality of one. Thank you.
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#59 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starling
Regular

#60 Post by Starling »

I've never read Fables so I'm not sure I could do that~

Anyway, thought I might give you guys a peak at Kaorien's beautiful backgrounds by showing you a REAL screenshot of the game so far.

Enjoy :3

P.S. I updated the first post with a temporary design of Mother, I'm not sure if that's what I will be going for in the end, but something similar to that in clothing and character design will be her~
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)