[WIP] Snow White & Rose Red [Fairytale GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red

#91 Post by Aleema »

Starling wrote:Image

And yes, I am so weirdly productive in SWRR for no reason whatsoever, but it's awesome :D
They's so cute!! :D I love how their outfits are opposites, but the green is the same. *squerk*
And I know how inspiration strikes: when you have motivation to do something, you gotta do it!!

Starling
Regular
Completed: Rapunzel, Ishara: Bane of the Seas
Organization: Happy Backwards

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red

#92 Post by Starling »

@Lumen, Aleema: Thanks :D I do enjoy drawing cute things~

Finally fixed up the first post to have the new sprites and to reflect the current staff.

Also if you notice there's a new sprite done~ 8D

She took much longer to make than the girls due to the fact I'm not experienced with drawing older women... and I mostly failed here, but at least she doesn't look the same age as her daughters yes?

Put her full sprite up on my DA if you care to see it: http://kikuhito.deviantart.com

Also I'm at 14,500 words for the writing, and using the rest of my writing as a guide I should only have about 1,000-2,000 words to go before I go through and figure out what CGs I need :D
Completed:
Rapunzel -- Fairy Tale Kinetic Novel
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Starling
Regular

Re: [WIP] Snow White & Rose Red [Fairytale GxB]

#93 Post by Starling »

The game contains 521 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 6,524 words,
for an average of 12.5 words per screen.
The game contains 11 menus.
Most of the menus are for editing purposes (only one so far is in the actual gameplay), so ignore that counter, but anyway~

I haves started to input the writing into Ren'Py YAY, so that it can be edited and proofread~ (If anyone wants to volunteer to do that, that would be awesome. Once I get it up on dropbox, I'll start looking for some so volunteers are much yes.)

Also should hopefully be starting Donovan's sprite tonight, he's the last one I need for the demo, so I'll be able to start putting the sprites in as well, which is EXCIIIIIITING.

Figured out that I will be having 6 CGs in the demo as well, scrapping the one I finished before, due to using a different idea.

All in all, I'd say that this is coming along quite nicely now XD YAY FOR BURSTS OF PRODUCTIVITY.
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Starling
Regular

#94 Post by Starling »

So Donovan is proving to be a bit of a poo head about being drawn, but he's finally been sketched out and I should have him done tomorrow YAY.

I thought I'd give you a nice little preview first though:

Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Celestine
Veteran

#95 Post by Celestine »

The sprites look cute, no darling.
Is Donovan an elf?
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#96 Post by Aleema »

He's a goblin. :D :D :D

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#97 Post by GeneDNC »

Starling wrote: I haves started to input the writing into Ren'Py YAY, so that it can be edited and proofread~ (If anyone wants to volunteer to do that, that would be awesome. Once I get it up on dropbox, I'll start looking for some so volunteers are much yes.)
Last edited by GeneDNC on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starling
Regular

#98 Post by Starling »

So that took a LOT longer than I thought it would (not counting the time I spent playing LRR)

BUT

Donovan's sprite is finally complete~

And that's like his constant expression, he is seriously not a happy goblin XD Not that the goblin race in my games are ever really that happy...

And all I have left to input for editing is Snow White's Non-Plot Events, so the stuff with the boys.

@Celestine: What Aleema said :D He's a Goblin, a kind a readaptation of the fact that the character is a angry old dwarf in the original fairytale.

@GeneDNC: All it is is words right now, so it shouldn't be too different to proofread~ You'll need to get a dropbox account, however, since I've found that the only real way you can edit/proofread something for a game is inside Ren'Py itself (That way you get a feel for the timing), and dropbox makes that very easy. :D Thank you and if you can get a dropbox, I'll contact you when I finish up.

I am also a huge fan of adapted fairytale, which is why I've always wanted to make one (and this would now be my second)

EDIT: ALSO!!!

I've been looking over my endings again and the sheer amount of them and I realized something that maybe I should make clear. There are really only 5 endings for each girl (so about 10 endings) HOWEVER, there are more factors to the ending than just who you end up with and so the endings work like Princess Maker in which there are many variations of the
'same ending" due to the choices you made during the game(The ending might be Artist, but did she marry a noble? Or a merchant?).

The game pushes you along the main plot line but ALL of the relationship (except your Mom) are 100% under your control.
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

Celestine
Veteran

#99 Post by Celestine »

:cry: I just had a bad dream of a goblin like Griphook from HP try to kiss me, lol so I'm glad I just read and saw your cute Donovan color :D

The way to get the endings sound cool I love those types. Variable factors getting different endings. They seem more lifelike that way. (But that also means complex, so its going to be one heck of a journey) can't wait to try it out.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#100 Post by manga_otaku »

I'm looking forward to further development in this ^_^ even if it does seem like it's died xD
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Celestine
Veteran

#101 Post by Celestine »

You mention "each girl". Does that mean you get to play both Red Rose and Snow White?
Do you play them both at the same time? Or do you choose one?

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#102 Post by WickedRaccoon »

pleaaaaaaase tell me this is still an on-going project!!!!!

✿ Usagi Totoro ✿

#103 Post by ✿ Usagi Totoro ✿ »

Is this still going on ? :'3

Starling
Regular

#104 Post by Starling »

So... after studying abroad in Japan, coming back, graduating college, running around like a chicken with its head cut off looking for a job and then finally ending up back in Japan as an ALT, I have gotten back on the horse.

At first I was afraid that I might have to trash this project. I've been at it for four years now and I haven't been happy with it for a while.

But I really didn't want to so I sat down and analyze WHY I disliked it so much.

I think I got it figured out. BASICALLY I'm doing a huge rehaul of the story and gameplay. Wrote out quite a few things on the first post.

You'll have to wait a bit though before anything concrete, however, because I'm heading another Happy Backward's NaNo, but I'm not dead and as soon as March is over this is going to be something I focus on. I'm currently about a a third done re-plotting things out.

I also wanted to thank anyone who still has any interest in this game.

But yes check out the first post for some new characters (but alas no sketches/art for them yet) and the new synopsis.
Completed:
(NaNoRenO '11 )
the empty orchestra
(NaNoRenO '14)
(NaNoRenO '15)

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#105 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Glad to see you back! :) Can't wait to check this re-writen game, so I'll be sticking around. Wish you luck!!!