Falling Cherry Blossoms - A Work in Progress

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Requiem
Projects: Falling Cherry Blossoms

#1 Post by Requiem »

___Image

Plot:
The plot is the category of Boy follows Girl. The user takes the place of Albion and is thrown into his world. There is constant drama due to two of the characters, but Albion has gotten used to it. The game relies heavily on menus and jumps with each decision made changing the course of the story. In the end, you get one of the girls, or nothing. Who knows, there might even be a death.

The 4 Main Characters:
Albion

Albion is the main character in the game. You take his place and use menu's to guide him through the story. He is 17 and attends the R. Smith Academy. He can be rude sometimes, but is generally quite kind.

Shion

Shion is your average, smart girl. She gets A's in her subjects, and is committed to work. However, she is very sensitive to being harrased and is known to have a temper.

Kat

Kat is the loudmouth one of the 'group'. She is always smiling, but is known to be evil... very evil. At times, she can change from having the biggest grin on in the world to your worst enemy in seconds. Some say she may be bipolar.

Mai

Mai is the very quiet, intelligent one in the group. She almost never speaks, unless she feels she is required. When she does speak, her voice is very soft but her words are firm. She is hardest one to woo in the game.

Information:
Name: Falling Cherry Blossoms (possibly a working title)
Genre: Slice of Life, Boy pursues Girl, Romance
Est. Time: Unknown at this point.
Date of release: Unknown at this point.

Behind the Scenes:
Day 1: 100% complete
Day 2: 1% complete
Day 3: 0% complete
Demo: 85% complete (The demo is Day 1, but I'm not releasing it until I have customised the layout and am firm on the title.)

Creator: Me - Requiem (a.k.a. Joseph)
Published by: Forgotten Vision Studios
Character Art used: AnimeGen Character Creator (I have the drawing skills of a duck ;=;)
Backgrounds by: Samu-kun (Thanks for the 1000+ Pictures!)
Music used: SAM (sam-free.com)
Sound Effects used: Unused at this point.
Engine: Renpy (orly?)
Testers: Unused at this point.

Demo
Taken down because I'm just updating it quickly!

In my opinion, the story my be flawed and it might be very confusing. Please forgive my stupidness for that! <3

There is one small 'easter egg' sort of thing, and no customised README as of yet. It features:

The game contains 380 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 3676 words,
for an average of 9.7 words per screen.
The game contains 12 menus.

The demo contains 1 Bad Ending (w/ credits) and the rest of the paths will lead you to a Ren'Py error saying something along the lines of "Can't find label daytwo, daytwomaiignored" etc so don't worry when you get there.

FAQ:
Q:
Are you planning on keeping that horrid Menu Screen:
A:
GOOD HEAVENS NO IT'S JUST A PLACEHOLDER D:

Q:
Are you planning on customising the entire VN:
A:
Yes.

Q:
I found an error... what should I do?
A:
Tell it me it please <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my first visual novel so please go easy on me <3

Once I release the demo, I ask all for Constructive Criticism and Feedback of what to improve ^3^
Last edited by Requiem on Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 16 times in total.
A work in progress

Lekhaka
Regular

Re: Falling Cherry Blossoms - A Work in Progress

#2 Post by Lekhaka »

Just one thing...does the character generator allow you to pick different eyes and face shape? It really looks like all the girls are just the same person but with different hair...

DragoonHP
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Christmas
IRC Nick: DragoonHP

#3 Post by DragoonHP »

The game looks promising, but as Lekhaka stated all the girls lok same with differnet hairs and eye clours. The art is good, but try to add some diversity...

Requiem

#4 Post by Requiem »

You can change the eyes, but they look extremely unconvincing, with like the eye colour then literally an undefined blob in the middle. I'll look into it, so thank you for your feedback!
A work in progress

Picez

#5 Post by Picez »

agree with previous comments, try different eyes and mouth, n skin color maybe... because all girls looks alike xD
read twitter novel The Word Puzzle via figment http://bit.ly/twpfig or via textnovel http://twptext

Lekhaka
Regular

#6 Post by Lekhaka »

Well you know, you could just draw a pair of eyes yourself and paste it on... even if you say you "can't draw crap", doing ONLY the eyes might be something feasible.

Requiem

#7 Post by Requiem »

Lekhaka wrote:Well you know, you could just draw a pair of eyes yourself and paste it on... even if you say you "can't draw crap", doing ONLY the eyes might be something feasible.
I can try, so thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately for me, that may take awhile as the eye's are the part I struggle drawing. I'll still give it a shot! :3
A work in progress

Doggy Nino
Regular
Projects: Crystal Hearts (Discontinued)

#8 Post by Doggy Nino »

I also agree you should change the eyes it would just help to give each of the characters' personality. Other that it seems like a pretty good story! Good luck! You have my full support and if you need help don't hestitate to ask.
"In our world of big names, curiously, our true heroes tend to be anonymous. In this life of illusion and quasi-illusion, the person of solid virtues who can be admired for something more substantial than his well-knownness often proves to be the unsung hero: the teacher, the nurse, the mother, the honest cop, the hard worker at lonely, underpaid, unglamorous, unpublicized jobs." -Daniel J. Boorstin

Lanna
Regular

#9 Post by Lanna »

Eyes aren't such a big deal - I'm sure some of the artists here would be willing to help you draw/color them :) I'm currently practicing my anime style for my upcoming VN, so maybe I'd be able to help you too.

And while I'm not normally into dating games, this one seems like it has some interesting endings. Guess I'll be stalking this thread every now and then XD

Requiem

#10 Post by Requiem »

Following everyone's feedback, I have changed Kat's and Mai's eyes (and Kat's hair got longer! Eep!). Shion's eyes may be changed later on in the following week when I'm free at Work Experience (*cry*)

Enjoy ^_^

(The demo should come out soon).
A work in progress

Lekhaka
Regular

#11 Post by Lekhaka »

They still look a bit similar, but much better than before. :-)

Requiem

#12 Post by Requiem »

Thank you Lekh! ^_^
There's only like 5 styles of eyes... so yeah D:

~~~~~~~

The demo has been released!

Taken down because I'm just updating it quickly!

It's just day one.
In my opinion, the story may be flawed and it might be very confusing. Please forgive my stupidness for that! <3

There is one small 'easter egg' sort of thing, and no customised README as of yet. It features:

The game contains 380 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 3676 words,
for an average of 9.7 words per screen.
The game contains 12 menus.

The demo contains 1 Bad Ending (w/ credits) and the rest of the paths will lead you to a Ren'Py error saying something along the lines of "Can't find label daytwo, daytwomaiignored" etc so don't worry when you get there.

FAQ:

Q:
Are you planning on keeping that horrid Menu Screen:
A:
GOOD HEAVENS NO IT'S JUST A PLACEHOLDER D:

Q:
Are you planning on customising the entire VN:
A:
Yes.

Q:
I found an error... what should I do?
A:
Tell it me it please <3

I hope you enjoy it, and please give me feedback (I will be at Work Exp. until 5PM GMT and then I'll be back to gather FB and CC).
A work in progress

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#13 Post by Samu-kun »

In the scene in the screenshot, it should be, "you're just like her," not "your just like her."

CandyStar
Regular
Projects: Unnamed Stalker vs Mystery Game! :D

#14 Post by CandyStar »

Samu-kun wrote:In the scene in the screenshot, it should be, "you're just like her," not "your just like her."
I was gonna say that!! :D It seems like a nice little game ^__^ I wish the main character had more personality. :(
I'm working on my first visual novel! Boy stalks girl. Girl offers to date boy if boy solves puzzle. Game commences! Click here to encourage meee -> Hooray! Attention!

Requiem

#15 Post by Requiem »

Eee!
Thank you Samu-kun! I would have never noticed that >_<

And also thank you so much for your awesome backgrounds~! ^__^
A work in progress