Untitled Game : Stalker Boy Gets Chance to Date Dream Girl

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

Re: Untitled Game : Stalker Boy Gets Chance to Date Dream Gi

#16 Post by Pyonkotchi »

You could always call it "Adventures of a Hopelessly Geeky Stalker Boy Who Solves A Puzzle In Order To Date His Dream Girl"

/is totally serious btw

It seems like it'll be an entertaining story.
good luck n_n

machinist
Regular

#17 Post by machinist »

'The date bet'?

CandyStar
Regular
Projects: Unnamed Stalker vs Mystery Game! :D

#18 Post by CandyStar »

fortaat wrote:I thought they were older. I guess not brining adults into the picture is logical, but if she hates him she has no reason not to tell about him to her friends (and thus the entire school). In terms of plausibility, the story would be better off if she had some tendency to give him a chance.
For example, she could think he's kinda oddly sweet, but not want to show it because her friends would make fun of her for dating a creep.
This scenario gives her a reason not to rat on him, and makes the story more believable.
Haha... she doesn't have friends, though. ;) She's an angsty loner. I didn't want to go with the whole "Hopeless geek likes popular chick" thing, because that's so overused, and I like quirky odd couples.... so it's "Hopeless geek goes after cranky punk chick" XD

I agree with the plausibility thing. I'm thinking that Raven just found Theo annoying, and never realized his stalking had romantic intentions... maybe thought he was making fun of her or something... but when he randomly asks for a date, she's sort of taken aback, like "Huh? That's why you're doing this?" And lessens up on her "totally pissed off at him" thing.

But I definitely agree it needs to be a little thought about more.... :P I'm still working on very beginning, and outlining the trails the plot will take.... so it's in the very very early stages ^_^;;; Backgrounds have been taking up most of my time haha.

-Jesse
I'm working on my first visual novel! Boy stalks girl. Girl offers to date boy if boy solves puzzle. Game commences! Click here to encourage meee -> Hooray! Attention!

Koizumi
Projects: Maya's Dream/Fantasy

#19 Post by Koizumi »

CandyStar wrote:
Koizumi wrote:I'm making one too but I'm going to use adobe flash
Doesn't the flash editing program cost a lot of money? I know my dad always wanted to use flash for his websites (he does some freelance web design) but said that the program is so expensive it wouldn't be worth it

I've made a couple of flash games my own :3 all unfinished XD

[Warning! : This is outside LSF]

http://koizumi636.deviantart.com/gallery/#Flash

That's my devArt btw ^^
where most of my arts are posted

CandyStar
Regular

#20 Post by CandyStar »

"all unfinished" hahaha I do believe that is my life story in two words.... :P

Cool!!! I'll check them out ^_^
I'm working on my first visual novel! Boy stalks girl. Girl offers to date boy if boy solves puzzle. Game commences! Click here to encourage meee -> Hooray! Attention!

Lanna
Regular

#21 Post by Lanna »

Ohh, I can't wait to play this! The puzzle really got me interested haha.

...and probably Raven, too. She's really pretty.

CandyStar
Regular

#22 Post by CandyStar »

Lanna wrote:Ohh, I can't wait to play this! The puzzle really got me interested haha.

...and probably Raven, too. She's really pretty.
Haha.... Most of the gameplay will be the puzzle. Based on something I've ALWAYS wanted to do.... but I could never think of anything elaborate enough hahaha... and I doubt anyone at my school would've been interested.

:P And when I first showed my fiance the pictures of the people he was like "omg she's hot" and I'm like "she's a cartoon. She looks like all the other ones..." XD

dstarsboy
Veteran

#23 Post by dstarsboy »

Looks great, I think the story's cute. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what puzzles you come up with.
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by lepapillonrouge »

CandyStar wrote:
RAVEN
The love of your life, Raven. She is sarcastic, cynical, argumentative, and pretty much hates you (Do you blame her? She once caught you licking her pen). She doesn't have many friends because she prefers a book and her ipod to human contact.

DEREK
Rival. Sort of a know-it-all obnoxious jerk who likes to mess with people. Has heard about your little puzzle game and is out to mess you up for fun. Raven sort of likes him, and you're worried!

STERLING
Sort of a rival. Sterling is a moody emo/goth type guy who really likes puzzles. He's playing the puzzle game because he likes puzzles, and has no real interest in the prize. ((My Fiance says Sterling looks too much like a girl... do you agree??))
Ah. All three of these people's names are in LSF games that I've played XD
The Dereks are similar too... (The bolded parts)

A puzzle game...-thinks Professor Layton- about a stalker and his unrequited love...
This sounds absolutely hilarious! You have to finish this game!
deviantART
---------------------

CandyStar
Regular

#25 Post by CandyStar »

They are? I may change their names. Derek was supposed to be a stereotypical hot name, Raven was supposed to be a cranky goth chick's name (Maybe her real name is AGATHA or something and she made up Raven to make herself feel coooool)... Haha Derek is sort of a harmless jerk.... he's not quite a bully, because he's not MEAN per se, he's just sorta obnoxious. I didn't want him to be a dislikable character :(

QUESTION: In the game, you kind of have the option of pursuing Raven, pursuing Mia, pursuing Kim (eek! I didn't put her up there... she's the librarian, and is a REALLY minor character unless you try super hard), or just being like "Meh! I don't need girls!" and doing the puzzle for yourself. Would you also like the option of pursuing one of the guys?

I always like it in games when it gives you the freedom to be whatever sexuality you want to be. :P Sometimes I play games where you're a girl and you're supposed to go after the guy and I'm like "omg but my best friend is HAWT how come I can't date her!?!?!" Haha... annnnnywayyy.... Would that be interesting to other people or am I just weird? XD

-Jesse

Esphirisa
Regular

#26 Post by Esphirisa »

Hahas, came here after seeing the link in your siggy. Gambatte! This looks interesting!

Meems
Regular

#27 Post by Meems »

CandyStar wrote: QUESTION: In the game, you kind of have the option of pursuing Raven, pursuing Mia, pursuing Kim (eek! I didn't put her up there... she's the librarian, and is a REALLY minor character unless you try super hard), or just being like "Meh! I don't need girls!" and doing the puzzle for yourself. Would you also like the option of pursuing one of the guys?
I wouldn't mind that at all. I also like games that give you the option of pursuing both genders.