WIP - Remember Me

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: WIP - Remember Me

#31 Post by Cain0425 »

well that can wait for this one come out it looking really fun to play

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#32 Post by Riviera »

Looks very promising! I've been semi-following along with your blog, and it's nice to see this one coming along so well. The art is beautiful, the chibis are adorable, and overall it looks like a fun game. :)
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#33 Post by jack_norton »

thanks, have yet to code all the simulation part, including the optional ice-cream minigame :) It mostly depends when I'll be able to finish Planet Stronghold, since after that's done I'll resume working on this title (I also have several others like FS2 and Love & Order that might get released too in the meanwhile).
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#34 Post by jack_norton »

All right, so starting this week I should be work fulltime on this game. I made a blog post also explaining a bit the title meaning: http://www.winterwolves.net/blog/2011/0 ... me-update/
as for the minigame, I'll think about it and leave it as last time, since after all this is an otome/dating sim, so I'm not sure a time management game is really what most people would enjoy, and I'd rather add more variety of actions or other stuff than spend lot of time on something that wouldn't really appeal the target market :)
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#35 Post by jack_norton »

After two days (well almost) of work, have the map working and the first version of the simulation interface. Short video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4C4HCwj264&hd=1

Image Image
computer games

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#36 Post by Alera »

Wow! Looks awesome so far!!! I'll really be looking forward for this game. >w<

I like the style in which you do your VN's with the separation of the daytimes and freedom of things to do~ and chances to fail and everything else! :'D
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

selenity136
Regular

#37 Post by selenity136 »

I saw the simulation video and it looks awesome. The one thing I have to say is that I don't like the look of the text box since I think clashes with the left column. It seems kinda plain looking and the color of the border stands out more than the art.

Also, does morale decreases over time or with each failed action only?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#38 Post by jack_norton »

Yes I might redo the text boxes, for now I'm going to use those but I am already redoing the dialog box which right now looks horrible :D
Morale decreases for failed actions and during the morning when you work (working stress people!)
computer games

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Cain0425 »

do you know when the demo is going to be out?

LondonIvy
Regular

#40 Post by LondonIvy »

I wish I had something meaningful to say, but I would like to voice my support for this project. The main heroine looks cute and like someone I can identify with. Also, your artist seems to have a grasp on how to properly draw old people. You wouldn't believe how rare an ability that is. XD The little chibis that go with the activities definitely work with the art style, even if the story contains some mature (not necessarily adult, mind you) elements. Princess Maker and Tokimeki have similar systems to yours and they both used chibis. I don't think the "mature" (I wish I could find a better word for it) elements were cheapened any by it or that I could ever not take the story less seriously.

Nitpicks: "It's beautiful, you often go there to relax and think." is technically a comma-splice. Try adding some sort of conjunction like "so" or "and" before the comma. Better yet, just put a period instead of a comma. Also, it should be "The town's biggest park" not "the town biggest park." These are probably just typos you missed that a decent proofreader would have caught anyway, but I went ahead and pointed them out.

Anyway, I'll definitely look into buying this when it comes out. I've been looking forward to seeing you release an otome game. That's my prefered genre, anyway.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#41 Post by jack_norton »

Cain0425 wrote:do you know when the demo is going to be out?
Hah with all the stuff going on right now I really am not sure, however it might be end of March, but to be honest is more likely mid-April :mrgreen:
It depends mainly if I'm going to add the ice-cream minigame: I'm not sure if the game really needs it or not. I don't like to have random job results, but coding an ice-cream minigame that inevitably would become repetitive (heh, like it's the real job) I don't know if is a good move or not, will need to think about it!
LondonIvy wrote: Anyway, I'll definitely look into buying this when it comes out. I've been looking forward to seeing you release an otome game. That's my prefered genre, anyway.
Technically even Heileen is an otome game :D but yes, I get what you mean.
I've commissioned some more art to make it look better - some scenes, like the motorcycle one were missing and have a decent main title screen now. Also some more action chibis. Today got the official soundtrack featuring the singer Cristina Vee and I must say it's really cool.
The map and event texts are the only one unproofread now, so will ask someone to check them before the final release :)
computer games

LondonIvy
Regular

#42 Post by LondonIvy »

There's an original, official soundtrack?

You have VN recources beyond most people. XD But that's pretty awesome and definitely earned. I can't wait to hear the soundtrack.

How far along is this game, may I ask.

Miss-Mae
Regular
Projects: Waiting on Love
Organization: Kinki Skiddles Productions

#43 Post by Miss-Mae »

Wow, this looks amazing! I can't wait for the demo. :D By the way, the art looks fantastic! *0* <3
Come visit me, if you like, at: http://www.miss-mae.deviantart.com / http://www.kinki-skiddles-games.deviantart.com <3 or on my NEW game making blog, which you can find here: http://kinki-skiddles.tumblr.com/ <3

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#44 Post by jack_norton »

Yes well even Hanako's Date Warp had a custom soundtrack (made by the same composer, Matt Myers, but different singer) and sake-bento's Jisei too. I just wanted to be on par with the "competition" really :lol:
The game scenes, 10 for each of the 4 characters are all written, I am sort of putting together everything and adding some missing texts. I'm also probably going to add some more events, and then balance gameplay etc.
The game is quite advanced, but I have so many other projects going on that I cannot work 100% on this :)
computer games

ziaziany
Regular

#45 Post by ziaziany »

I'm going to like your game very much. XDD
So far as I see, I think it'll be great game in future. I'll keep an eye on your project >__<b,,
Call me "Zia"

English isn't my first language ,so I'm sorry if I said some non-understandable stuff ''| OTZ
My Deviant ID http://crezia.deviantart.com