Sakkaku ni Dasu - Finally back in progress

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
YiuKorochko
Regular
Projects: Sakkaku ni Dasu (Delving into Illusion(s)) +18

Sakkaku ni Dasu - Finally back in progress

#1 Post by YiuKorochko »

I started Sakkaku ni Dasu some months ago and I've really lost track of where I was going with it.
When I initially started, I was trying to be too fluent in RP too quickly, and I've learned that through the development of PUNIG, a UI for OptiPNG I developed (and am still developing).

I have begun to map out the story through a very quickly thrown together program called "SLayer" which once SnD is released, I will develop a version which is fully customizable.

Sakkaku ni Dasu consists of 8 chapters, and aims to show very wide, yet very deep aspects on the workings of the human mind. Through several different aspects, it can be considered a story of "the ultimate question", deity, human communication, knowledge, mental health, and a few other ideas.
Though some parts of the story do look towards a sexual nature, this is not and will not be taking sexual tenderness into account.
The aim of this tale is to show a third person view of the world through the eyes of Kurokiwa, a young man (age 19) who has never left his house and has been remotely contacted by his parents who tell him what to study (books are sent to him as needed) and what to eat to keep himself in good health. This is done through video conferencing on his computer system, and is done twice/thrice a day. He also meets with the "Delivery Man" once a week. The Delivery Man brings him all the food andsupplies he needs, as requested by his parents.
Kurokiwa is extremely weak physically. Mentally however, Kurokiwa is very strong. By 19, he is extremely knowledgeable and thinks on a logic based system. He does carry emotion, but only to an extent (which is explained on some threads of the story, where it is left out in others).
Kurokiwa and others are given many choices, and at none of these choices does the story simply end. There will be approximately 128 endings to the story, depending on how detailed I want to go into it (if I get lazy, I may cut out one of the middle chapters and make only 64 endings).
Each choice will bring you to the final chapter, so have no worries making the wrong choices and expecting a short end.

Concept/Character art will be going up A.S.A.P..
Resolution: 1280x720

If anyone would like to discuss anything about the Sakkaku ni Dasu project, please reply to this post.
I will try to keep up to date as much as possible.

Thank you,
Yiu Korochko
Last edited by YiuKorochko on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakkaku ni Dasu (錯覚に出す)
Programs I'm working on can be found here.

YiuKorochko
Regular

Re: Sakkaku ni Dasu - Finally back in progress

#2 Post by YiuKorochko »

Good news, to speed the SnD production, I've employed a friend named Hikage Kibakaze (牙風日陰) as a background artist and co-music producer.
Script production is coming along well and story is looking great so far, working on the beginning and end with the development and climax being manifested in parallel.

Much thought has been going into music also. I've been trying to manage some real, non-synthesized music into SnD.
Sakkaku ni Dasu (錯覚に出す)

fortaat
Regular

#3 Post by fortaat »

YiuKorochko wrote: Kurokiwa is extremely weak physically, but because he has been bound to his apartment so long, doing nothing but study, watch the news, and study human activity on both the television and the internet, Kurokiwa became mildly autistic, and can't understand human interaction.
FTFY

Humans need social interaction to evolve. Phone calls from his parents aren't enough.
Based on the summery alone, it sounds like a nerd fantasy ("the outsider who understands all human emotions") that will ruin suspension of disbelief, even before the exposition ends.

Unless you'll add another element (happy pills, secret military experiment), I can't believe he won't suicide before he's ten.

It sounds like an interesting and ambitious project, but if you want readers to take it seriously, you'll have to give it a more believable premise.

YiuKorochko
Regular

#4 Post by YiuKorochko »

Exactly.
Last edited by YiuKorochko on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakkaku ni Dasu (錯覚に出す)

YiuKorochko
Regular

#5 Post by YiuKorochko »

fortaat wrote:Humans need social interaction to evolve. Phone calls from his parents aren't enough.
Based on the summery alone, it sounds like a nerd fantasy ("the outsider who understands all human emotions") that will ruin suspension of disbelief, even before the exposition ends.

Unless you'll add another element (happy pills, secret military experiment), I can't believe he won't suicide before he's ten.

It sounds like an interesting and ambitious project, but if you want readers to take it seriously, you'll have to give it a more believable premise.
From the information provided, yes. That's a rather safe assumption.
That's the point. Make it obvious that it's something that it really isn't.
And just to let you and any other viewer know, there was something to do with military in there, but there's nothing experimental about it.
Let me put it this way, about 16 of the 128 endings will feature Kurokiwa managing to survive a normal life after being release to the world halfway through chapter 1. If that, there'll probably be less though.
Sakkaku ni Dasu (錯覚に出す)

YiuKorochko
Regular

#6 Post by YiuKorochko »

Website is coming along smoothly as well as story solidification!

http://sakkakunidasu.yolasite.com/
Sakkaku ni Dasu (錯覚に出す)