Doppelganger (GXB,mystery,horror)+demo [on hold]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re: Doppelganger: Dawn of the Inverted Souls (GXB+mystery)+D

#256 Post by azureXtwilight »

Sexo Grammaticus wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:
ScreenShot010.jpg
*"Or are your feelings about her just that shallow?"
Mind the errors for now, haven't got a proofreader
RemnantDream wrote:Yes, I will definitely play all the paths :D
I love how Lee is talking about something like that with this huge smile on his face xD
Except that it's supposed to be creepy XD
Lumen_Astrum wrote:Holy--
WHAT HAPPENED TO LEE?!
He seems like he's either under drugs, got on a high, or possessed.

and Lucia shouting at Clifford, telling him he's a wimp = half-happy about it xD
Well, that's our Lee.
And I wooonder who's "she" anywaaaay

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#257 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

azureXtwilight wrote:
Lumen_Astrum wrote:Holy--
WHAT HAPPENED TO LEE?!
He seems like he's either under drugs, got on a high, or possessed.

and Lucia shouting at Clifford, telling him he's a wimp = half-happy about it xD
Well, that's our Lee.
And I wooonder who's "she" anywaaaay
AAAH. Stop trolling me! xD
Maybe it's Lucia herself, who knows? xD

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#258 Post by RemnantDream »

The doppelganger, perhaps? Though it would be odd for Clifford to be in love with a doppelganger o.O Odd but very interesting.
azurextwilight wrote:Except that it's supposed to be creepy XD

Well, that's our Lee.
I'm starting to like Lee more xD

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#259 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Judging from the screenshot, I really think now he got possessed. Or hypnotized. Or... whatever.

Qookies
Regular

#260 Post by Qookies »

I'll go for Iggy first. Then Clifford and Raphael.
BTW screens look awesome.
And I have a strange feeling that the man who died at the beginning is
Yuri and Ignatius' father...

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#261 Post by azureXtwilight »

Qookies wrote:I'll go for Iggy first. Then Clifford and Raphael.
BTW screens look awesome.
And I have a strange feeling that the man who died at the beginning is
Yuri and Ignatius' father...
Awesome, keep up the votes coming! :D
Nah, that guy's too cool to die. You'll see what I mean. Aheheheh.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#262 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Uwaaaaaah. Azuuuuure. I really need this game in my system now.
After that little chat we had, I now know why Lee is like that, and now I'm scared to go to the other boys O_O
I change my mind. Lee first. Lee. Please.
And right now, I'm actually afraid to sleep...

NyanNyanMeow2

#263 Post by NyanNyanMeow2 »

I found a little bug...

When Jun calls back to see if Lee is going with them, it is Lee's picture, not Jun's. It made me very confused.

I like the game though!

DemonLemur175
Projects: None, atm. All previous projects scrapped.

#264 Post by DemonLemur175 »

I just got finished playing the demo, and. . . I LOVED IT~! :D (Btw, this is the third time I've tried typing this, although the weather outside is being extremely unhelpful. D': I apologize if it doesn't seem as sincerely written as the first ones. Darn you, thunderstorms!) This seems like such a well-plotted game. :3 I like mystery stories, and the semi-romance adds a nice touch to it~♪

Anyway, review tiem! x3

I'll start with the technical stuff since that way it'll save the best part for last. :P

As for spelling, there were minimal errors, which is a great improvement! :D On the other hand, there were a few more grammatical errors than spelling errors, but nothing too severe. :3 If you'd like me to point them out in more detail, please tell me so and I would happily re-run through the demo and pin-point them. :P

Also, I liked the voice/sound effects. They made the game feel more realistic. (I think in the gym/cafeteria, if you listen carefully, it sounds like someone says at one point (later in the audio,) "What are you doing with those cupcakes?!" xDD ) ^^ Not only that, I actually flinched at some of the scary parts! I'm sure that if there were any CGs added to those scenes. . . *shivers* But that's up to you. :3 They're already somewhat frightening. I also like that you can see who you're speaking with on the phone. :P

Now, for character reviews in no particular order~!

Lucia:
She's kind of a no-nonsense girl, isn't she? x3 I could tell when she began doubting herself when she first saw Rico, since she seemed to be trying to find a logical explanation while being frightened at the same time. She makes a pretty good main character. :3 I really like how she has a bit of her own smart personality while still retaining the neutral personality that protagonists are supposed to have. ^^ Oh, and out of curiosity, will anyone ever call her 'Lucy'? xDD I know Blake calls her 'Luke,' but it's not like it's meant to be cute like 'Lucy.' :P Oh well, either way, I'm happy. :3 Also, I still miss the nameable protagonist thing from the very 1st game. Just because a main character is nameable doesn't mean you can't give her an official name to go by whenever someone is referring to her. xP Idk, because I just think games are more personal like that, but Lucia alright.
Lee:
My favorite~♥ xD Also, I don't care how messed up he is/might be, I know that somewhere there's a cutie that has feelings for Lucia and is a sweet guy.
. . . Even if he is yandere-ish. :P I like yanderes in general in stories, and I'm not just saying that because Lee's my first pick. x3 I can't wait to find out more about him, since he seems very interesting. Also, I noticed that in the picture you have of him saying that someone deserved to die, his eyes are yandere-emotionless. I feel bad for him. ;3; Heck, if only I knew who he was talking about, I might agree with him. (Although probably not, considering the circumstances and all.) His design is really nice, too. ^///^ His clothes almost seem cultural and fitting for him. Also, Red. ". . .That color is the source of everything." x3 I found that quote very interesting.
Jun:
Umm. . . Err. . . Well, I guess to start off, she seems like a good best friend. :3 She doesn't seem to be like the type of best friend that threatens your romantic line with anyone. (I don't like it when best friends interrupt your love life. I've experienced that first hand IRL, and it's no fun. D': ) Anyway, she has a good personality, too. The only thing is, I'm still sorta suspicious of her. I mean, I really hope she isn't anyone bad, but I can't be sure. Especially since Anastasia's attempted-killer matches her too close for comfort. ;3;
Yuri:
Heh, I'm glad he ended up being nothing like I dreaded he would. He seems to be more of a tough guy with a bad rep than a bad boy. (They sound like they're the same description, but they're actually completely different.) When he was defending himself in the end of the demo, he reminded me of Daryan Crescent from Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice. (SPOILER! Even though Daryan was the murderer, he was a very well-developed character. Yuri and Daryan are similar in the way that they tried to defend themselves when suspicion was cast on them, although Yuri was definitely more credible.) Who knows? I might go for his ending after Lee's or Clifford's.
Blake:
I didn't really care for him in the demo, especially like how he said in the bonus that he didn't think of Lucia as a wife for him. *shrugs* Meh, I don't know. xD;; If his personality wasn't so drab at times, I'd consider seeing his line sooner, but at least his looks are decent. Although apparently, most fans don't care for him either way. ^^;; Poor guy.
Clifford:
Ha! I rolled over in my chair laughing when Rico said exactly what was in my mind the minute I read what his name was when the profiles came out. x3 That TV show is evil for ruining his name, since he's such a nice guy. :P Even though he seems mysterious, at least he doesn't appear to be very dangerous. Although, since he appears to be winning the popularity contest, if it doesn't get mentioned in the game itself, I would love to know how old he really is. Both before he became what he is now, and what he is at the moment. He seems to be somewhat older than the other guys. :P I like his :/ face, and I can't wait to see what he looks like when blushing~♫ x3
Raphael:
Awww, poor guy. One minute, full of life, the next, not so much. I'm not a sporty kind of person, but at least his energy was refreshing, and I liked his sleeping face in the school office. x3 His hat looks stupid, though, no offense. xD;;; At least it's not sideways, otherwise I think I'D have to gouge HIS eyes out. xDD;;;;; OTL Anyway, I really don't care for his looks in general, but he's a good kid. :P I did like his face when he was asleep in the school office, though. x3 In a way, he's like Blake's polar opposite in character, since Blake has good looks and bleh personality, while Raphie has bleh looks and a nice personality. x3
Rico:
At first, I thought I wasn't going to like Rico, but when he begged for help, my opinion for him 180'd completely. :P Actually, when Lucia was still doubting him, I was mentally yelling, "No! Help him! HELP HIM!" Oh! Also, question: Is he a closet perv? xD;; Y'know, because Lucia keeps telling him to get out of her room 'cause he's not supposed to be in there, and maybe she thinks he's a pervert. I really hope he's the secret character, because he's surprisingly refreshing when you have to deal with everyone else.
Anyway, one more thing: Who is Anastasia's boyfriend? Is it Rico? Is it Clifford? I'm so confused. xD;;;
Ignatius:
Ehhh, Iggy's okay. I usually try to steer clear of younger guys, although he is okay. (He's no Cyrus, though!~♥) Ignatius raises more question than I like, though, so I'll make sure to check out his line with care. :P Also, when he and with older brother are together, their individual cuteness dramatically increases so much more. That is, if they're getting along. ^^;;;
Shuang and ???:
(FYI, I'm only putting their reviews together to save space since they're both short. :P ) Shuang is so cute~! I don't like seeing her sad, though. ;3; I wonder how she's feel about being an in-law for Lee's path? x3 Now, for ???~! (Btw, I pronounce his name, "Question mark question mark question mark". xDD ) He doesn't seem very nice, and I'm surprised how may fans he has at all. I don't think he's very nice. >3< Maybe he has his reasons to be not nice. (If not, then I think he's nutty.)
Well, I know that this is a monster of a review, but I hope you find it useful. :D It took me several tries to get it posted due to weather and other problems, but I hope it was worth it~♪
♪~NOTE: All my past projects have been dumped. They might be restarted in the future, but for now they all is dead. Reason? Personal issues/Busy-ness~♪

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#265 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you for pointing out the mistakes and the monster review! For grammar and spelling, I will go get a proofreader ;3

Ah, you'll see that after the demo everyone will go WHAAAT? WTF? NOOO! And things like that. And I thought it was clear that
Rico dated Anastasia before she was attacked~
About the character review...
Things will go downhill from there :D

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#266 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

It will? Ohh, seems exciting :)

YukinoAi

#267 Post by YukinoAi »

azureXtwilight:

nice new picture!! the cousin of Lee is so cute! :mrgreen:

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#268 Post by azureXtwilight »

A quick update:

Code: Select all

Statistics:

The game contains 4213 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 40661 words,
for an average of 9.7 words per screen.
The game contains 22 menus.
Before I continue writing, I need to ask, are you all right if not all the characters have romantic paths? Such as a friendship path or something like that? This is not an all-romance game anyways, so... Yeah ^_^;
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#269 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I'd be okay for me, but wouldn't that take too much work with all those paths?
Get me a you-know-who friendship path, and I'll be forever happy xD

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#270 Post by azureXtwilight »

Uh, I mean one of the obtainables' path won't be a romance path...If you know what I mean,
example:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... eEverAfter

I'm also writing three people's paths at the same time (~'3')~ Horaaay?